Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

The Killers New Album "Sounds Like Bruce Springsteen"


Recommended Posts

I love Battle Born and can't wait for this new one. Nothing will match those early albums but I'm still loving their stuff.

While I liked Caution at first I now think it's fantastic … love to hear those opening notes when it's played on the radio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

Any love for Day & Age?Took me a while but that album was a real grower on me,it's probably my favourite Killers album,just ahead of Sam's Town.

And the sky is full of dreams
But you don't know how to fly

I adore the whole album - yes, probably more than the first two albums.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone noted way earlier in this thread, the Killers have gone full War on Drugs, and I'm all about that style. Their are definitely elements of 80s Bruce in there, for sure.

  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonderful Wonderful – a love letter of sorts, as Brandon Flowers crafted songs of encouragement to his wife during crippling bouts of depression – Imploding The Mirage is the light after the dark; the overcoming of sadness and moving into celebration. It’s a record about eternal love, perseverance through hard times, and the strength gained from friendships and familial bonds whilst weathering a storm.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Nicholas said:

As someone noted way earlier in this thread, the Killers have gone full War on Drugs, and I'm all about that style. Their are definitely elements of 80s Bruce in there, for sure.

 

A poor man's War on Drugs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

 

A poor man's War on Drugs. 

Boo.

As deeply as I love The War on Drugs, I will take Brandon Flowers's singingand thoughtful lyrics over Adam Granduciel's Dylan-esque wails and half-baked metaphors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh! The War On Drugs is a band? Ha! I thought some thought the lyrics were about drugs, hence me putting the meaning of the new album on here.

Hahaha! Now I'll have to go and listen to the other lot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm … listened to a couple - almost fell asleep during the second one. 

Nah ... The Killers rule! :)

It would seem that I did know of them - just never felt the urge to find out more. Still don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Eileen said:

Hmmm … listened to a couple - almost fell asleep during the second one. 

Nah ... The Killers rule! :)

It would seem that I did know of them - just never felt the urge to find out more. Still don't.

Which songs did you listen to?

Check out (the songs) Burning, Lost in the dream, Arms like boulders and Nothing to find.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

Which songs did you listen to?

Check out (the songs) Burning, Lost in the dream, Arms like boulders and Nothing to find.

An up-beat one and a slow-starting one, can't remember the names. I listened to a bit of Lost in the Dream … and liked it. Yes, I can see why some think the lead singer sounds like Brandon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Eileen said:

An up-beat one and a slow-starting one, can't remember the names. I listened to a bit of Lost in the Dream … and liked it. Yes, I can see why some think the lead singer sounds like Brandon.

To me Burning is his most Bruce sounding track and also my favorite War on drugs song, so I suggest you to check that one out too. : )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Listening to it now. Young Turks comes to mind … some comments also say Dancing in the Dark.

Sorry … just doesn't grab me. Too flock of seagulls sounding … pleasant.

I heard Indie Rock'n'roll once and was smitten.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...