Greasy Lake Community

The Killers New Album "Sounds Like Bruce Springsteen"

On 6/17/2020 at 5:14 PM, Eileen said:

Oh, this is cracker. To be fair, Caution I've only listened to once or twice so far but this I like from first listen.

• Like 2
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cool album. On a second listen, I already like this better than the last one and I expect with a few more listens I'll place this above Battle Born also. As for sounding like Springsteen? TB

Just seen on Twitter it is now August 21st, not too long then!  Hurrah! 

Posted Images

I heard something familiar .. 1:41 and other places .. worked it out. Red Box, Lean On Me (From the very very young ..)

Isn't it annoying when one or two notes can play on your mind … or is it just me? 

He's just done it again  2:51… I tried going against my own soul's warning ...

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

This thread was started in late January, so when does this album actually come out? I'd Google it but I'm too busy celebrating crying over having my Poll Driver status removed.  

I'm gonna guess later this month or August, aye?

From memory it was scheduled for May 31 - given the uncertainty and the fact that they have had to reschedule their UK stadium tour until next year they postponed it. Makes sense given that the tour will help to promote the album.

Some sites tell you December 31 release date but I don’t think that’s official, especially because I think they’re deciding to make changes to the album (I.e. the mixing etc I think, although cannot remember where I heard this!)

• Like 1
10 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

I think they’re deciding to make changes to the album (I.e. the mixing etc I think, although cannot remember where I heard this!)

I remember reading this, too, so probably via their letter to FB or the one I got in the email?

• Like 1

The Killers, Bruce and others, just release the music you have now. And write, record and produce another album while you're doing nothing else. By the time everything opens back up they should have 3- 4 album by then and tour with no older songs being played.

I could be wrong but I don't believe tours sell albums anymore. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

The Killers, Bruce and others, just release the music you have now. And write, record and produce another album while you're doing nothing else. By the time everything opens back up they should have 3- 4 album by then and tour with no older songs being played.

I could be wrong but I don't believe tours sell albums anymore. 

I’ll respectfully disagree with that. Album recording during lockdown is difficult - nobody is in the same place, not everyone has the means, facilities or skills to self-record, band members have families to look after, they have other priorities, not to mention the fact that many artists are saying they don’t know how to write and release in the current climate

Regarding the tours selling albums, perhaps they don’t sell as many physical copies but they’ll certainly boost streaming numbers. Each year after Glastonbury the UK iTunes Charts are filled with the best performers, and the same has happened when big tours have taken place (such as the last Killers tour, or whenever Coldplay tour)

• Like 2

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/phoebe-bridgers-and-brandon-flowers-on-transformation-and-talking-shit

@Eileen I read this article this eve and thought you’d appreciate it - Brandon Flowers in conversation with Phoebe Bridges, who is one of my favourite artists. Brandon says they are still working on the mastering of one more track!

• Thanks 1
On 7/8/2020 at 10:38 PM, BobbyJames said:

From memory it was scheduled for May 31 - given the uncertainty and the fact that they have had to reschedule their UK stadium tour until next year they postponed it. Makes sense given that the tour will help to promote the album.

Some sites tell you December 31 release date but I don’t think that’s official, especially because I think they’re deciding to make changes to the album (I.e. the mixing etc I think, although cannot remember where I heard this!)

Just seen on Twitter it is now August 21st, not too long then!  Hurrah! 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

Decent song on first listen,has a similar 'oooooo' to the one Bruce uses on Growin' Up.

I can see where you got that, but I didn't. It's still a canny song mind. I like it a lot

8 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

I can see where you got that, but I didn't. It's still a canny song mind. I like it a lot

I think he sang it that way once. Take the first half away and just start at the 2 minute mark and that'd do me fine.

That's the same review that was posted a little further up - thought I was getting another one there.

I thought the album was out on the 28th then I read that it was 31st. Whichever it is I'll be making my first trip to the town, probably on the train as a celebration.

Album is out today, and it is definitely grounded in that heartland synth revivalist sound that calls to mind some 80s Springsteen. While not perfect, it's a pretty solid album, if you ask me.

I didn't go and get it today - I've asked Kate to look out for it. I like the anticipation. :)

I'm hoping it's more Killers than Springsteen.

1 minute ago, Eileen said:

I didn't go and get it today - I've asked Kate to look out for it. I like the anticipation. :)

I'm hoping it's more Killers than Springsteen.

I didn't realise it was out today, I went to Sainsburys this morning and walked passed the CD' s.

4 minutes ago, jmw said:

I didn't realise it was out today, I went to Sainsburys this morning and walked passed the CD' s.

If I thought they had it in I'd get the bus through tomorrow. May as well wait now.