Greasy Lake Community

The Killers New Album "Sounds Like Bruce Springsteen"

13 minutes ago, jmw said:

I haven't bought it yet, would normally buy the CD and load onto my computer, but can't do that now.

It's a great piece of music, but I believe far from their best. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cool album. On a second listen, I already like this better than the last one and I expect with a few more listens I'll place this above Battle Born also. As for sounding like Springsteen? TB

Just seen on Twitter it is now August 21st, not too long then!  Hurrah! 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Ok, I will listen to a few tracks first.

On 8/23/2020 at 9:56 AM, Eileen said:

My favourite - and I've just seen the video. Ha! A stetson maketh the man.

Agree with you on that.  Really like the album :)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, ukjohnney said:

Apparently they are on a bbc radio 2 thing on the tv on the 12th of sept!  Just seen it on that there twitter thing. 

Yes, I heard it on Radio 2 yesterday.  They mentioned John Legend and my ears pricked up - followed by The Killers.  I was delighted but not surprised - they love any excuse to play.

• Like 1
On 8/28/2020 at 10:21 PM, Jimmy James said:

I absolutely love this album after many listens - especially Lightning Fields. Only track that feels 'just average' to me is Running Towards a Place. For me it's right there among their best albums Sam's Town & Battle Born. 

• Like 1

I wasn't that keen on Dying Breed when I first heard it - love it now. Lightning Fields is fantastic but I think the one you mentioned, @biloxiparish, may be the one that kind of washes over me. I'll have to have another listen,, all the way through. I change over from the radio to cd and listen to the first song every morning - gets me out of bed and dancing.

• Love Love Love! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to be weird having The Killers going against Bruce for my personal album of the year. Both might be fantastic records.

Butch Walker's American Love Story up there too, which also draws upon Bruce is some ways (with tracks like "Torn in the U.S.A.").

• Like 1

I like The Killers, and some of the songs of their new album was pretty nice, but I don't really think it sounds like Bruce Springsteen.

There are so many bands that are being compared to Springsteen all the time; The Killers, The Gaslight Anthem, Arcade Fire, The War on Drugs, The Hold Steady (to name a few), and I do like these bands and the sound of their music but with exception of a few songs it's seldom I think it's that similar to Bruce's music. 

2 hours ago, High Lonesome said:

but with exception of a few songs it's seldom I think it's that similar to Bruce's music. 

Neither do I but hey, somebody saying that got this on the front page. ;)

The similarity to Bruce, in my eyes, is the joy in the performance ... especially live.

• Like 1