Sign in to follow this  
zzcoolness

Stockholm 1993

Recommended Posts

Do you think we'll ever see a Youtube or Nugs release of stockholm 1993? I'd love to hear or see it in full one day...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a great show and like other shows from the era it had a soulful feel to it. I was happy to attend the show. It has been available as a bootleg release called Stockholm in our hearts, maybe some other unofficial releases, too. Also video has been around. I guess they could be downloaded from somewhere. As for an official release, they already have one from 1993 so maybe not in the near future but you never know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had this show on dvd for years, fantastic version of This Hard Land. Would love to see all the pro shot concerts uploaded to Bruce’s video channel. 
 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I’ve had this show on dvd for years, fantastic version of This Hard Land. Would love to see all the pro shot concerts uploaded to Bruce’s video channel. 
 

 

I love watching This Hard Land and Seeds from the show!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interview, soundcheck (Good Times from Sam Cooke?) + live at Stockholm Stadion, May 1993

Note: from the Lost 1993 TV Special next tracks were taken from Milton Keynes '93: 57 CHANNELS (AND NOTHIN’ ON)  / SATAN’S JEWELED CROWN / DOWNBOUND TRAIN /BRILLIANT DISGUISE / HUMAN TOUCH / SOULS OF THE DEPARTED /THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER / HUNGRY HEART / VIVA LAS VEGAS / GLORY DAYS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guss is "the Lost 1993 TV Special" was filmed for release but since Bruce was hungover after drinking the night before that never happened. At the time the Swedish press reported on him as arriving to Sweden in the middle of the night before the concert  "very tired" and giving confused answears to their questions. In a retrospective article some years later about Springsteen's history of concerts in Sweden he was decribed as walking off his private plane drunk after drinking hard on the whole flight to Sweden. The concert is to this day known as the worst/less great concert of all his Swedish performances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure I know the answer to this somewhere in the back of my brain, but why is Light Of Day "for the people of Stockholm" on Plugged? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 9:22 PM, TheBoss said:

My guss is "the Lost 1993 TV Special" was filmed for release but since Bruce was hungover after drinking the night before that never happened. At the time the Swedish press reported on him as arriving to Sweden in the middle of the night before the concert  "very tired" and giving confused answears to their questions. In a retrospective article some years later about Springsteen's history of concerts in Sweden he was decribed as walking off his private plane drunk after drinking hard on the whole flight to Sweden. The concert is to this day known as the worst/less great concert of all his Swedish performances.

 

Meanwhile, a few days later in Oslo, the final formal show of the 1992-93 World Tour

Rick "Chainsaw" Lapointe is a guitar technician (roadie) and he sings and plays guitar on "Born To Be Wild" (read more about Lapointe here https://billypenn.com/2015/06/23/local-beer-and-little-petes-roadies-for-interpol-bruce-springsteen-share-their-philly-picks/)

Tattoo Dad, Posted on the Lake February 9, 2007
This clip is from the Oslo show at the very end of the HT/LT tour. We included it as a bonus on HOJO's Gentleman From Verona DVD release recently. It is the only clip we got from Oslo. I believe the roadies all got copies and this came, originally, from one of them, through God knows how many others. I wish we had the whole show. Maybe someday. Meanwhile, I'm still searching for any uber material that hasn't been shared. If you have a way of getting something, do it! And either share it yourself or send it my way. I'll never say where I get anything. I'll just share it with everyone

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best.belly.thread.ever.

Stuff I did not know about Brucie. Fanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 11:57 PM, lofgrenfan said:

I'm sure I know the answer to this somewhere in the back of my brain, but why is Light Of Day "for the people of Stockholm" on Plugged? 

Where did you get "for the people of Stockholm"?

Before he goes into "Light of day," Bruce says "Give me some slap on this (Freddie?)...Stand back now."

Sweden is mentioned in the middle section of the song but no Stockholm.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Breakaway said:

Where did you get "for the people of Stockholm"?

Before he goes into "Light of day," Bruce says "Give me some slap on this (Freddie?)...Stand back now."

Sweden is mentioned in the middle section of the song but no Stockholm.

 

 

At 0:08 doesn't he say something along the lines of "people of Stockholm, this one's for you"? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lofgrenfan said:

At 0:08 doesn't he say something along the lines of "people of Stockholm, this one's for you"? 

Sounds like he says "Give me some slap on this, Freddie," seeming to refer to the sound on his guitar.

In the liner notes to Plugged there is a guy named Fred Bova (along 2 other guys under "A&M") so my guess is Bruce is talking to him. Google search for Fred Bova results in "American guitarist and engineer" whose credits include working as "technician" for Plugged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this