Dawn of a Decade - 1970

Michael Jackson became a superstar...& he looked natural & endearing, Diana Ross on her own, War! What is it good for!, hello Karen Carpenter, hello David Cassidy, goodbye Simon & Garfunkel, goodbye Beatles...

Remember any of 'em?...

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 3

What a year for The Jackson 5! This is the first year music really registered with me so these are all songs I knew from their original time on the radio and not as oldies. I'll have to see how many on the British ones I know! 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Troublette said:

Lee Marvin number 1 for three weeks!?! Okay there are other songs I've never heard of on the British chart but there are also some great ones on there.

Several made the One Hit Wonders thread ;) 

10 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Hmm....No Beatles.  Were the Beatles bigger in America than they were at home? Maybe they released more singles here than they did in the mother country....I dunno. I'll have to check stats... :)

16 hours ago, Troublette said:

What a year for The Jackson 5! This is the first year music really registered with me so these are all songs I knew from their original time on the radio and not as oldies. I'll have to see how many on the British ones I know! 

You are not kidding about The Jackson 5 ...wow ....I don't think i knew War was a number one single.

3 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Who the hell is Dana ? :lol:....

Also am i safe to assume that the 1970 World Cup Squad is a one hit wonder ?

I was thinking that was the British version of the Superbowl Shuffle, which at least in Illinois where I lived at the time, was all over the place, radio and TV.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Who the hell is Dana ? :lol:....

Dana won the Eurovision song contest for Ireland way back then!

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

The 1970 squad were a one hit wonder. Unfortunately they started a trend for football teams to record (usually dire) records.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Who the hell is Dana ? :lol:...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Rosemary_Scallon

In the days when the Eurovision Song Contest meant something, Ireland realised that that entering a pretty 18 year old girl in a short skirt might just be a good tactic.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Rosemary_Scallon

In the days when the Eurovision Song Contest meant something, Ireland realised that that entering a pretty 18 year old girl in a short skirt might just be a good tactic.

Indeed .... Seems Sweden figured that out as well..... Kudos to Great Britain for making Edison Lighthouse for 5 weeks also ... Love that song !!!