Greasy Lake Community

The great Dion di Mucci and Bruce Springsteen.

16 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Lots to go on with a title like that. Fill your boots.

But, Pacifically  (they have oceans of talent), Dion has a new album out soon that will feature Bruce and Patti.

I've tried Googling. Nothing.  Nada.

Please don't be like Ron A. :lol:

• Haha 4

From Dion's facebook page:  My NEW album “Dion and Friends” is coming together as my favorite ever. We're gonna Rock the World this year~ So Cool!!!
So far the lineup includes Jeff Beck, ZZ Top Billy F Gibbons, Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa, Joe Bonamassa, John Hammond, Joe Louis Walker.... Here is Brian Setzer Rockin' out on one of my songs. I think you’re going to love what they’ve laid down. I’m still waiting to get the goods from Taj Mahal, Van Morrison (Official) and Shemekia Copeland but I’m told they’re on the way. Kenny Wayne Shepherd I'm Hoping to hear form this week. ~ My Producer Wayne Hood is Amazing ~ D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Lots to go on with a title like that. Fill your boots.

But, Pacifically  (they have oceans of talent), Dion has a new album out soon that will feature Bruce and Patti.

Thanks for the heads up - I'm excited for this. Loved the Yo Frankie album in the late eighties and had a great night at the UEA when he toured it with the wonderful Dave Edmunds (who had produced that album) and several members of La Bamba and the Hub Caps on horns (not long off the TOL tour) - the guest list on this album (from the post further down this thread) is mouth watering!  Bring it on!    

• Like 1
14 hours ago, BruceWho said:

Thanks for the heads up - I'm excited for this. Loved the Yo Frankie album in the late eighties and had a great night at the UEA when he toured it with the wonderful Dave Edmunds (who had produced that album) and several members of La Bamba and the Hub Caps on horns (not long off the TOL tour) - the guest list on this album (from the post further down this thread) is mouth watering!  Bring it on!    

There is footage on YT from the London show.

1 minute ago, Promise61 said:

Yes. A stunner. Every home should have one.:)

Amazing how it’s never quoted in best of lists or all time great albums.

• Like 1
On 1/30/2020 at 9:58 PM, MadamMarie said:

Was surprised at the Miami show on 11-23-2002 when Bruce had him come up and sing If I Should Fall Behind. It was beautiful!  Great show, it was the same night Bono sang Because the Night. 

And Vinny Pastore of The Sopranos introduced the band for the encores. Great night.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dion introduces the song on his FB page.  Originally, Dion sent it to Patti to see what she could do with it.  He loved what she did, but somehow Bruce muscled his way in to add guitar.