Greasy Lake Community

So the comfort that you keep's.chrome plated.snub-nose.32.I heard it's true...

5 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Why did you react 'sad' to my post?

:lol: 

Because i love my love will not let you down

And it got left off:(

I do like no surrender very much but i would not have dropped my love from the album :(

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lampi said:

Yes, BUSA outtake; and for quite some time it was a very serious contender to be on the BUSA album, as second song after the song BUSA.

Unpopular opinion: maybe they made the right choice with Cover Me instead (a song I really like, and it seems Cover Me is underrated among diehards hands; terrific live performances in 1984-1985 and 1988 too).

Something else,  Murder Inc. was very well sequenced after Youngstown in tne 1999-2000 shows.

And Youngstown had it's own great delivery of lines too, particularly  ''Now the yard's just scrap and rubble, those big boys did what Hitler couldn't do''.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Not really a favorite ...although ironically it IS the cadence and delivery of one of the lyrics that i like best ....and generally disappointed me when it wasn't delivered EXACTLY like the version on the greatest hits album .... I LOVED singing along with this

That apartment you live in feels like it's just a place to hide
When you're walkin' down the street you won't meet no one eye to eye
The cops reported you as just an another homicide
But I can tell that you were just frustrated

On 2/1/2020 at 12:59 AM, Pregnant Sally said:

One of the very, very few Bruce songs that belong in the "I cannot bloody stand it" category.   

You should try listening again.

3 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Why's that?  It wouldn't be any different than the other umpteen times I've heard it.  

What other songs of his fall into that category for you?

1 hour ago, The_Magic Rat said:

Listend to BITUSA this weekend. Murder Inc. after BITHUSA would have been so powerful. They should have gone for it.

And it would increase the intensity of Cover Me to follow those two cries of desperation.

But then I'd need Shut Out The Light to follow Cover Me and we're right back to the first song's misery again.

On 1/31/2020 at 6:59 PM, Pregnant Sally said:

One of the very, very few Bruce songs that belong in the "I cannot bloody stand it" category.   

Same for me.  Also in that category is “Seeds”.  Medium tempo guitar thrashers that may work well live in concert, but are just a slog to get through when listening to a show.

Might be way off mark here but I seem to recall Murder Incorporated was the working title of BITUSA right up until it was shelved from the album.

Love the song, ripping raw power. The tempo of the song matches the narrative. It feels paranoid, holed up, edgy.

• Like 2

Agreed with the post were someone noted about thexreunion tour sequence of Youngstown,  Murder and Badlands and the even into OITS. An amazing stretch , showing the power and glory of the band. OITS was sort of the , ok I just punched you in the face for 20 minutes now let's have a dance. Tremendous 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1