1st time listening to Springsteen On Broadway

Im with Gus on this !!!

And do not be stupid like me and watch it on your tiny teeny phone

Watch it on the biggest telly in your house

If you don't have Netflex there is a free first months trial

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm happy for you Leo! 

It's OK to not like SOB, no need to delete the post.

Edit: or am I drunk?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Silvia said:

It's OK to not like SOB, no need to delete the post.

Edit: or am I drunk?

It's 5:00 in the evening so no I'm not drunk! :lol: YET! 

No i deleted most of my post because this thread isn't about my experience but Leo's, and what he wrote was perfect.   

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

No i deleted most of my post because this thread isn't about my experience but Leo's, and what he wrote was perfect.   

Surely we're allowed to share our own experiences in every thread. 

If not then I've been a right bastard on this forum for the last seven years. 

Oh God I've been a member of a Bruce Springsteen forum for seven years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

Before today I had never heard or seen anything from Bruce's residency on Broadway. Overall I hadn't listened to much Bruce music over the last years. Just the odd song here and there on the radio. That was it. Kinda lost interest after the Wrecking Ball tour. Had not listened to High Hopes, nor have I seen or heard anything of Western Stars, beside the first single.

Last week I subscribed to Spotify for a three-month trial. Browsing around, searching for albums I wanted to hear but never got around to, I stumbled onto Springsteen On Broadway. I hesitated, but I thought it might be good music to listen to while cooking. And I thought he'd deserve another shot. About a minute into the album I put down the knife, sat down and started to listen. I ended up listening to the whole album. And I loved it. It moved me. He made me laugh, made me think, made me emotional. And without going into why I lost interest in him in the last years, why I even started to kinda dislike him, I can say that after today we made up. I forgave him. ;-))

Now I see that there's a Springsteen On Broadway Netflix special. Gonna look for some Netflix trial next. :-)

Wow. You’re basically describing a world where you still have the pleasure of SOB and Western Stars to discover at your will, and HH doesn’t exist. 
You lucky bastard... ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

And without going into why I lost interest in him in the last years, why I even started to kinda dislike him, I can say that after today we made up. I forgave him. ;-))

This is the bit of your post that I'm most interested in :) Care to share, @LeoGetz?

4 hours ago, Frank said:

Wow. You’re basically describing a world where you still have the pleasure of SOB and Western Stars to discover at your will, and HH doesn’t exist. 
You lucky bastard... ;)

Love HH, and that show I saw at Mohegan Sun was off the charts fantastic.   I’m very glad it exists.  

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Love HH, and that show I saw at Mohegan Sun was off the charts fantastic.   I’m very glad it exists.  

I don't understand it! I think it's you and me against the world here! :D But each their own. 

• Like 2

This inspired me to get onto Netflix and watch "Springsteen on Broadway" again, which was as touching and magical as ever, so thank you for steering me towards doing this.

As an aside, I remember during discussion here at the time of Netflix showing this initially, someone was asking about the piano music that plays over the closing credits, and I don't know if it was ever answered satisfactorily but it seems to me that it consists of a variation upon the music played around the Nescafe factory anecdote when Bruce is talking and leading into playing "My Hometown". Does that seem right to anyone else?

7 hours ago, JoleBlonAlba said:

This inspired me to get onto Netflix and watch "Springsteen on Broadway" again, which was as touching and magical as ever, so thank you for steering me towards doing this.

As an aside, I remember during discussion here at the time of Netflix showing this initially, someone was asking about the piano music that plays over the closing credits, and I don't know if it was ever answered satisfactorily but it seems to me that it consists of a variation upon the music played around the Nescafe factory anecdote when Bruce is talking and leading into playing "My Hometown". Does that seem right to anyone else?

Yes I think most people agreed it was a variation to the intro of My Hometown!

And it's a beautiful piece of music. 

• Like 2