LeoGetz

1st time listening to Springsteen On Broadway

8 hours ago, JoleBlonAlba said:

This inspired me to get onto Netflix and watch "Springsteen on Broadway" again, which was as touching and magical as ever, so thank you for steering me towards doing this.

As an aside, I remember during discussion here at the time of Netflix showing this initially, someone was asking about the piano music that plays over the closing credits, and I don't know if it was ever answered satisfactorily but it seems to me that it consists of a variation upon the music played around the Nescafe factory anecdote when Bruce is talking and leading into playing "My Hometown". Does that seem right to anyone else?

I think pretty much everyone in the discussion knew that's what it was, it was more how great the richer closing credits version was and whether it would reappear as part of something later. It's good enough to wonder whether it was part of a WS outtake, for eg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

For Frankie Fell In Love alone :)

Amen my MEDLEY brother!  Amen!  :D

(Frankie Fell in Love is my fave, but I also absolutely adore Hunter of Invisible Game...) 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Amen my MEDLEY brother!  Amen!  :D

(Frankie Fell in Love is my fave, but I also absolutely adore Hunter of Invisible Game...) 

I got Frankie Fell in Love at the Pittsburgh show I seen. With Joe G. no Steven. I wonder who filled in better? 

But the best on that album is of course........Harry's Place. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I got Frankie Fell in Love at the Pittsburgh show I seen. With Joe G. no Steven. I wonder who filled in better? 

But the best on that album is of course........Harry's Place. 

I got it in Mohegan.  With Stevie.  His first show back after he was away filming Lilyhammer.  Was SOOOOO awesome!!!!!!! 

I never use the words ‘best’ or ‘worst’ since that’s subjective... even when I love something or not.  

I’m sincerely glad Harry is there for your enjoyment.  Still not my personal cup o’ tea.  Love everything else though.  

FFIL is my numero uno.  

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I enjoyed it with Joe, but I just love it when Bruce and Steve sing together- one reason I enjoyed the River '16 Tour so much. 

My dream is to one day get Until the Good is gone... B)

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

HH was worth it for Hunter Of Invisible Game alone. And I was at the one and only show where it was played live...

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

30 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

HH was worth it for Hunter Of Invisible Game alone. And I was at the one and only show where it was played live...

Wow!  Lucky you!!!!  Loooooove Hunter! 

On 2/6/2020 at 7:07 PM, janeymarywendy said:

This is the bit of your post that I'm most interested in :) Care to share, @LeoGetz?

I bet it is. And, no, I don't. ;) But only because it would take too long and my English is probably not good enough to get across what I really mean.

• Sad 1

On 2/6/2020 at 5:45 PM, JoleBlonAlba said:

This inspired me to get onto Netflix and watch "Springsteen on Broadway" again, which was as touching and magical as ever, so thank you for steering me towards doing this.

As an aside, I remember during discussion here at the time of Netflix showing this initially, someone was asking about the piano music that plays over the closing credits, and I don't know if it was ever answered satisfactorily but it seems to me that it consists of a variation upon the music played around the Nescafe factory anecdote when Bruce is talking and leading into playing "My Hometown". Does that seem right to anyone else?

To me, Bruce seems to be homaging Elton John's "Blues For Baby and Me" with this intro. Makes me wonder if that was an important influence for him at one point in his life. 

6 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

To me, Bruce seems to be homaging Elton John's "Blues For Baby and Me" with this intro. Makes me wonder if that was an important influence for him at one point in his life. 

It does sound a little like Elton's song (which I love), now that you mention it. I've thought that Racing might be lyrically influenced by BFBAM.

• Thanks 1