6 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

.look at me i look like Phil Thompson ( another gobshite know it all)  

:lol:

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2020 at 8:03 PM, Music City Mike said:

I thought I would share this page with this group. Fire away!

th 

Preferences are preferences. But to put HT and LT together because they were released together is just lazy. They’re very different albums and, in my opinion, one of them vastly superior to the other.

Also, Tom Joad is one of Bruce’s best albums and I’ll stand on a pile of BitUSA records in my cowboy boots and say that.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

13 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

"fire away" ...ok

look at me..I have zillions of albums..look at me I know everything about music..look at me i look like Phil Thompson ( another gobshite know it all)  look at me I have lots of CDs that don't have cracked cases. I'm music city mike, i'm an expert, have you seen how many CDs i have.

look at me I'll post this on many Springsteen boards because I love me and i know best..and don't forget to look at all the CDs behind me 'coz i know best.

fuckin' gobshite ! 

:D

Since I'm not even interested in my own "ranking" of Bruce albums, I hadn't listened to this, but was inspired to press 'play' by Roy's very enjoyable diatribe. 
I gave up when he wrongly attributed High Hopes to "Some Australian band I've never even heard of".  I had heard enough by then.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tom-Joad said:

Tom Joad is one of Bruce’s best albums and I’ll stand on a pile of BitUSA records in my cowboy boots and say that.

This.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 10:04 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

Why does a record need to be one's least favourite

Why can't it just be your 19th favourite

Because the banjo album is your least favourite Bruce Springsteen album.

Unless you don't count it as a 'real' Bruce Springsteen album but then your least favourite album is your 18th favourite.

2 hours ago, Lampi said:

Because the banjo album is your least favourite Bruce Springsteen album.

Unless you don't count it as a 'real' Bruce Springsteen album but then your least favourite album is your 18th favourite.

Well i was going to ask @Captain Chaos for a favor..... ;)

I do have things i am blvery fond of im.that record 

Patti, Soozie, Cindy, Curtis and especially Lisa are exceptional - (i could be getting the record mixed up with the tour )

I actually acknowledge the banjo player is very talented - 

But i just don't do folk music, i think i only knew one or two of those tradional songs (so i got a little musical education) and i naturally prefer my IISFB more akin to LINYC 

But i still give this record and its non identical twin live in Dublin, a spin a couple of times a year, it likes alcohol and i enjoy how much fun the performers are having, but i never really 'got' the Irish rovers either !

As much as i love American land i had to buy a 2nd version of the album to get it

But full credit to further on up the road and open all night - but the other Bruce originals i prefer the ESB versions

I curse the day that someone thought it would be a good idea to sing pay me my money down but then this little light of mine turned out to be a real sparkling gem with Cindy on an ESB tour WB ? Hh ?

The thing i love most about Seagers is we got Charlie, as heart breaking as it is that we needed someone to play for Danny, Charlie has been a very good fit

So although its my 19th favourite Bruce Springsteen record it still has many merits

I wonder if those songs were sung solo acoustically i might like them more, aka the Joad album?

I would certainky be able to pay the lyrics more attention because the music is not din 

I love all 3 of those solo records, D&D was a huge hook in reawakening my fandom and from the boots and archive series the tour was amazing

Joad sometimes tries to push darkness out of my number one spot

On 2/8/2020 at 9:24 AM, Jerseyfornia said:

If it's your 19th favorite out of 19, that's your least favorite.

My least favorite is all the other shite they play on the radio;)

Because unlike the OP, im a Bruce Springsteen fan, not a music fan 

And unlike him, i have gone back and worked on the records that didn't initially grab my attention

I brought Magic and live in Dublin on the same day 

I had the most dreadful headache and radio nowhere almost did my head it

But that record got under my skin and into my heart becsuse i went back and tried again - (as i did with Dublin)

Working on a dream is still a wounderful album to my ears, it has a lot of familar themes running through it and its definatly on the path to WS

I never got that far so i don't know where WS appears on the OP's list 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 5:41 PM, newcastle roy said:

"fire away" ...ok

look at me..I have zillions of albums..look at me I know everything about music..look at me i look like Phil Thompson ( another gobshite know it all)  look at me I have lots of CDs that don't have cracked cases. I'm music city mike, i'm an expert, have you seen how many CDs i have.

look at me I'll post this on many Springsteen boards because I love me and i know best..and don't forget to look at all the CDs behind me 'coz i know best.

fuckin' gobshite ! 

:D

Way to go Roy! Just another to get ran off the board for voicing their opinion, why not take a run at everyone else who has opinion on this thread and else where? Most likely won't see Music City Mike again, just like someone took a run at 100yrsOld, never to be seen again. 

I don't get it! A simple disagreement statement would have been fine.  

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Way to go Roy! Just another to get ran off the board for voicing their opinion, why not take a run at everyone else who has opinion on this thread and else where? Most likely won't see Music City Mike again, just like someone took a run at 100yrsOld, never to be seen again. 

I don't get it! A simple disagreement statement would have been fine.  

Arrrh I understand why you are pissed off with me, it's because i had a go at you on the Lions Den for called Sheffield United just plain old "Sheffield" . Trust me if you are ever in Sheffield to watch your beloved.."Manchester" play be careful if you call a Sheffield United fan a "Sheffield" fan, just a heads up.

Anyway back to music city phil thompson, i called him a "gobshite" because i believe he is a gobshite. He's one of those people who love to tell the world how much of an expert they are about..well just about everything.

You seem concerned about him not getting his opinion over, i wouldn't worry about that too much JJ because music city mike likes to tell everyone his, he'll most probably  not stick around the lake very long, i doubt very much what i said to him will make a slightest bit difference to him because music city mike isn't interested in anyone else's opinion, that's ok with me because i don't give hoot what thinks of my opinion.

I sussed out within a few minutes of music city phil thompson ranking video that he's not a Bruce Springsteen fanatic like most here, he's a music fan and he's an expert on everyone :D or as i call it a gobshite

Also don't forget he did actually invite criticism, unless you misunderstood what "fire away" meant.

So if he can't take it why invite it ? but don't worry about music city mike JJ, he's doing fine, he'll be on an Elvis Costello board as we speak.

He knows everything about Squeeze as well as about 100 other artists :D

Fair play to music city mike, he must listen to a lot of music:lol:

https://musiccitymike.net

• Like 1

Might have to check out what he says about Elvis Costello.

The fact that he does this with a lot of bands kind of explains getting Western Stars title wrong I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always the same thing... HH always 7 or 6 spots above where it actually belongs...

;)

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Arrrh I understand why you are pissed off with me, it's because i had a go at you on the Lions Den for called Sheffield United just plain old "Sheffield" . Trust me if you are ever in Sheffield to watch your beloved.."Manchester" play be careful if you call a Sheffield United fan a "Sheffield" fan, just a heads up.

Anyway back to music city phil thompson, i called him a "gobshite" because i believe he is a gobshite. He's one of those people who love to tell the world how much of an expert they are about..well just about everything.

You seem concerned about him not getting his opinion over, i wouldn't worry about that too much JJ because music city mike likes to tell everyone his, he'll most probably  not stick around the lake very long, i doubt very much what i said to him will make a slightest bit difference to him because music city mike isn't interested in anyone else's opinion, that's ok with me because i don't give hoot what thinks of my opinion.

I sussed out within a few minutes of music city phil thompson ranking video that he's not a Bruce Springsteen fanatic like most here, he's a music fan and he's an expert on everyone :D or as i call it a gobshite

Also don't forget he did actually invite criticism, unless you misunderstood what "fire away" meant.

So if he can't take it why invite it ? but don't worry about music city mike JJ, he's doing fine, he'll be on an Elvis Costello board as we speak.

He knows everything about Squeeze as well as about 100 other artists :D

Fair play to music city mike, he must listen to a lot of music:lol:

No, I'm not pissed about you taking a run at me for Sheffield (United). Why would I ever watch Sheffield Wednesday or FC if they aren't in the PL? Or your correction over me calling Man U, just United, or Man City just City. And so on and so on.  

No, why I'm pissed is why would you take a run at anyone here, after all the support you have received from this board over the last couple years. The board has been very gracious for all the friends I meant. I'm just wondering why you don't fell the same way. 

OK, maybe Music City Mike isn't the biggest Bruce fan, and surely I myself don't know every single lyric to every single song like a lot here do. But does that make me a non Bruce fan, I don't think so. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

No, I'm not pissed about you taking a run at me for Sheffield (United). Why would I ever watch Sheffield Wednesday or FC if they aren't in the PL? Or your correction over me calling Man U, just United, or Man City just City. And so on and so on.  

No, why I'm pissed is why would you take a run at anyone here, after all the support you have received from this board over the last couple years. The board has been very gracious for all the friends I meant. I'm just wondering why you don't fell the same way. 

OK, maybe Music City Mike isn't the biggest Bruce fan, and surely I myself don't know every single lyric to every single song like a lot here do. But does that make me a non Bruce fan, I don't think so. 

JJ i wasn't taking a run at anyone,  i thought my comments were tongue in cheek tbh. I doubt very much music city mike would be bothered or offended about what i said or how i said it.

You have no idea how i feel about the lakers here who have been supportive to me, in fact i think it's a cheap shot for you to mention it on a public thread as most of the support i have received has been via PMs. 

OK, do you think Music City Mike will ever post here again? If he does he's better man than I. 

No cheap shot at all, I would be gracious and not say a bad think about anyone here, tongue/cheek or not . But that's just me. 

Oh dear:(

i don't like it when my friends fall out - however temporarily it may be

I often think that things said tounge and check don't always come across as such via the written word

Sometimes i don't always initially understand underlying meaning to something written especially in a colloquial sence

I acknowledge that Mike probably put some effort into his list and i suspects he'll be back next time he does a proffesional piece on Bruce Springsteen 

And kodus to him for that,

plenty of fans don't like WOAd or high hopes  or Seagers 

But i just wish he would spend more time with an album before writting the thing off

I even felt sorry for seager sessions 

But then he is a music fan, which encompass a world far bigger than mine

But im like a mother hen when WOAD gets criticized

It might not be a masterpiece but its still a great record and a very dear friend to me

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

why would you take a run at anyone here, after all the support you have received from this board over the last couple years.

Dammit, Jimmy.

I love Squeeze.

How the fuck do people not tire of writing the same thing over and over and over?  Thank Christ for a Squeeze mention in this thread.    

I didn't know who Phil Thompson is, but a google image search does reveal an uncanny resemblance between he and Mike.

2 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I didn't know who Phil Thompson is, but a google image search does reveal an uncanny resemblance between he and Mike.

Really? :D 

14 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm not going to watch the video again, but didn't he say he'd been to like 60-something Bruce shows? That's more than I have.