Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

My New Favorite Cover

I know exactly what you are referring to! Rain king and Mr. Jones are also amazing songs. The Bruce cover fits perfectly in it. 

I remember that CC were the opening act for Bruce at the Rome 2016 show, and I was hoping they would perform this song together, but unfortunately this didn’t happen :( 

On 2/7/2020 at 7:17 AM, Nicholas said:

I've been on a Counting Crows kick lately, taking the deep dive into their discography and live performances. Recently, I was listening to this concert, celebrating the anniversary of the band's debut album August and Everything After by playing it in full.

During the song "Rain King," which starts at around 39:30 in the attached vid, I found myself smiling like an idiot when singer Adam Duritz (a huge Bruce fan himself) suddenly breaks rank and launches into a Springsteen classic. I'll let you experience it for yourselves. :)

One of the first music concert Blu Ray's I bought. It's stunning.

I’ve always loved Rain King!  Thanks, that was really unexpected!  Well done. 

I've never loved that clip that much.  It's OK.  However, 'Round Here is one of my fave tunes, especially from the 90s.  Stunner of a tune.  

Back when I met my now wife, she couldn’t stand Bruce. She did like Counting Crows, though. As did I.

Once, we were riding in the car and Rain King starts playing and it has the Thunder Road interlude. When Duritz finishes singing that song, my wife, not knowing it was a Bruce song, starts going on about how absolutely beautiful those lyrics are. 

I just smiled from ear to ear triumphantly and told her as quietly and calmly as I could “that’s Bruce Springsteen.”. She never became a super huge fan but that’s when she started to appreciate Bruce and Thunder Road is one of her favourite songs in the world now.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2

I have to be honest, i fast forward to 39 minutes. I've never listened to any of their stuff before, but i liked it a lot especially at 42:10..nice telecaster btw

Very, very good loved it and as soon as i can drag myself away from Western Stars I'll check these guys out.

Thanks for posting Nicholas B)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom-Joad said:

Back when I met my now wife, she couldn’t stand Bruce. She did like Counting Crows, though. As did I.

Once, we were riding in the car and Rain King starts playing and it has the Thunder Road interlude. When Duritz finishes singing that song, my wife, not knowing it was a Bruce song, starts going on about how absolutely beautiful those lyrics are. 

I just smiled from ear to ear triumphantly and told her as quietly and calmly as I could “that’s Bruce Springsteen.”. She never became a super huge fan but that’s when she started to appreciate Bruce and Thunder Road is one of her favourite songs in the world now.

This is my favourite Springsteen story right now

I dream of this happening to me !

But Gary has heard quite a lot of the years 

Saddly he did not enjoy rhinestone cowboy -

He's convinced there is a cover version of the river out there somewhere that he actually likes