Greasy Lake Community

New Archive: May 4th 2009 - Nassau

6 hours ago, Wout said:

For anyone saying that this is a release from the 'new' era....

This show was two decades ago.

Shit, I feel old now

i know we're a bit behind the times here, but in Australia its only 2019. how are things in 2029? Any sign of Tracks 2?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

You probably gathered this, but by saying “two decades ago,” Wout meant it happened the decade before last.  Obviously not really 20 years ago.  Kind of like if one were to say “two days ago” if it was Wednesday and they were talking about Monday, even if a full 48 hours hadn’t passed yet.

And I should hope you are not in 2019 anymore, even in Australia.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

You inspired me to listen to parts of this Raise Your Hand and the one that plays over the credits for Hyde Park back to back, and analyze.  I don’t think they’re the same performance, but it was an interesting idea.  I do wonder where the Hyde Park release of RYH comes from.

• Like 1

Damn memory loss .... I dont remember this show that well .... I remember we left  before Rosalita......Seemed like the show was over and it was a work night :(..and we tried our best to scramble back ...

I remember getting to hear the Raise Your Hand for the first time since it closed the 12/31/80 ( actually 1-1-81 lol ) at the same arena ...

I remember he opened with the greatest opener of all time ...into the best song on BITUSA

And the Johnny 99-Night 7 pack was amazing .....

The ode to the Long Island Expressway was worth the price of admission and my wife's first For You since our very first when it was the one song she had hoped to hear at our first Bruce show in Buffalo 12-4-80.......

Didn't really think i'd see this one .....But while they are at it i wouldn't mind the 2008 Nassau show lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Damn memory loss .... I dont remember this show that well .... I remember we left  before Rosalita......Seemed like the show was over and it was a work night :(..and we tried our best to scramble back ...

I remember getting to hear the Raise Your Hand for the first time since it closed the 12/31/80 ( actually 1-1-81 lol ) at the same arena ...

I remember he opened with the greatest opener of all time ...into the best song on BITUSA

And the Johnny 99-Night 7 pack was amazing .....

The ode to the Long Island Expressway was worth the price of admission and my wife's first For You since our very first when it was the one song she had hoped to hear at our first Bruce show in Buffalo 12-4-80.......

Didn't really think i'd see this one .....But while they are at it i wouldn't mind the 2008 Nassau show lol

You left before Rosie :o

1 hour ago, Okely Dokely said:

You probably gathered this, but by saying “two decades ago,” Wout meant it happened the decade before last.  Obviously not really 20 years ago.  Kind of like if one were to say “two days ago” if it was Wednesday and they were talking about Monday, even if a full 48 hours hadn’t passed yet.

And I should hope you are not in 2019 anymore, even in Australia.

ohh, snap!! :lol:

3 hours ago, lilbud said:

Wikipedia lists it as July 30, 2009

The Benidorm Show! I was there. Great show and great night out after! I didn’t know that the Raise Your Hand credits song from Live in Hyde Park was from Benidorm. 
This makes the blu ray even more special for me now. Not only am I in it, and heard on it, but I was also at the whole thing including the credits. Love it! :D 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 3

I think Outlaw Pete was a song he had in him for decades, it just had to come alive eventually. If you listen to the stories about the little Big Man from 88 you'll notice the rudiments of this song.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

I might have to get this just for Kingdom of Days, such a special song for me and one I have all but given up hope of getting live. 

i agree with that but would have to put up with outlaw pete and electric GOTJ , would have to edit a bit

3 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

That's what makes the Archive Series as a whole such a wonderful thing. I've been thinking a lot tonight about the comments focusing on what I believe should be an expected repetition of certain songs across the series. It's inevitable and unavoidable that there will be some that appear in the majority of setlists. The beauty of this series isn't going to be found in the warhorses and standards, though there is plenty of beauty in those songs and some definitive versions spread across these volumes. The real pleasure I get from the series is the one-offs, the rarities, the covers, the deep album cuts we wouldn't have live version of without the archives. It's a treasure trove full of familiar riches and rarer gems.

Across the entire series, there isn't a show among them that I wouldn't have loved to have been at.

And that just makes it more baffling as to why we can't download individual songs.  There are only three songs on this new release that I would want to add to my Bruce collection, but to get them I have to buy the whole thing (!) and sit through same old same old warhorses.  Makes no sense.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

And that just makes it more baffling as to why we can't download individual songs.  There are only three songs on this new release that I would want to add to my Bruce collection, but to get them I have to buy the whole thing (!) and sit through same old same old warhorses.  Makes no sense.

yea a catalogue of songs which you could download individually would be my holy grail, i already have this to some degree but in some cases questionable quality as bootlegs in lots of cases, i have spent hours,days,weeks,months in the past putting it together but now havent the impetus to carry on, i no longer have Paolos enthusiasm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

I see where you’re coming from, but at ten bucks for a show it is still a fair price for those songs you don’t have and you get to enjoy them in the context of the full show if you want to.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

I confess I do agree with this. Jason Isbell shows are now on Nugs and you CAN download individual songs.... But only in mp3 format. If you want FLAC, you need to buy the full show.

12 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

You left before Rosie :o

Hell i left my seat before Raise Your Hand on New Years Eve .... Another Coliseum Scramble ....although that day i was in some lowers and made it back .... This show i was upstairs so just scrambled back somewhere so i could at least hear it ..... I didn't really see it ....My sister was elsewhere in the Coliseum and i know Rosie made her night.

• Like 3