Sign in to follow this  
Daisey Jeep

So ..... tell us about your first time

25 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Believe me, I think they all understand. But since your first happens to be your wife, she most likely expects a little bit more now! :)

I think that, because she knows my starting point, she’s very appreciative of whatever little I deliver. 

• Bruuuuce! 1

7 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I could have jumped straight on his dick in the pit,

And that is what caused his peyronie's disease. Thanks. :D

1988 Lexington, KY - Rupp Arena

Loved the "two-punch without a break" Ain't Got You/She's the One and an incredible Dancing in the Dark.

Walk Like a Man was a highlight for me.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Dec 2 1980 at the then Rochester War Memorial.  Jr year of college in upstate NY (SUNY-Geneseo). 

He opened with BTR, which was fanfreakingtastic.  

Set:

Born to Run

Out in the Street

Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

The Price You Pay

Factory

Independence Day

Two Hearts

Prove It All Night

The Promised Land

Racing in the Street

The River

Badlands

Thunder Road

Set II

Cadillac Ranch

Sherry Darling

Hungry Heart

Fire

Because the Night

4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)

For You

The Ties That Bind

Wreck on the Highway

Point Blank

Ramrod

Crush on You

You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)

Backstreets

Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

(with Stagger Lee intro)

Encore:

I'm a Rocker

Jungleland

Detroit Medley

Was a phenomenal night from start to finish (show was MUCH better than the “other” first... :D)

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

7 hours ago, wolfinthepines said:

Bruce :(

This has nothing to do with your comment or the thread at hand, but I want to say I love your username.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Actually my first time seeing Bruce live was not at a Bruce concert but immediately before my first Bruce concert. It was at Neil Young in Sydney and this is what a certain database says about what it was like but honestly it was AMAZING and ramped up my excitement for the two actual Bruce concerts I had in store that week:

01 Down by the river

Notes:
To a deafening ovation Bruce casually strolls out and joins NEIL YOUNG onstage during the final encore in Neil's final show in Sydney. Bruce and Neil trade vocals and blistering guitar solos on an extended version of Young's 1969 song classic. Nils Lofgren also made a guest appearance earlier in this show, playing piano on "Tell Me Why" and accordion on "Comes A Time". Still rated by many as Bruce's most memorable walk-on guest appearance. A very good quality audience recording of this entire show is in circulation via Neil Young fan sources. “Down By The River” is also found on various homemade Young CDR compilations.

p.s. when they say "extended" they mean something like 20 minutes extended.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyGirl said:

Actually my first time seeing Bruce live was not at a Bruce concert but immediately before my first Bruce concert. It was at Neil Young in Sydney and this is what a certain database says about what it was like but honestly it was AMAZING and ramped up my excitement for the two actual Bruce concerts I had in store that week:

01 Down by the river

Notes:
To a deafening ovation Bruce casually strolls out and joins NEIL YOUNG onstage during the final encore in Neil's final show in Sydney. Bruce and Neil trade vocals and blistering guitar solos on an extended version of Young's 1969 song classic. Nils Lofgren also made a guest appearance earlier in this show, playing piano on "Tell Me Why" and accordion on "Comes A Time". Still rated by many as Bruce's most memorable walk-on guest appearance. A very good quality audience recording of this entire show is in circulation via Neil Young fan sources. “Down By The River” is also found on various homemade Young CDR compilations.

p.s. when they say "extended" they mean something like 20 minutes extended.

It's been a minute since I saw you posting on here, SG. Hope things are well. 

1 minute ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It's been a minute since I saw you posting on here, SG. Hope things are well. 

Hello Young Padawan

I have only been on the random thread over the other side occasionally because it has been a bit stressful here - fires, now wild wet weather and days long blackouts but things have settled down so thankfully I have had time to stroll through the circuit today.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Silvia said:

I have to add that the guy I was at my first gig with, was also my first, and he was the one who had introduced me to Bruce. Forever grateful.

At the time of the concert, he was already my ex boyfriend, and my wicked plan was to somehow win him back during our trip to Munich (stupid adolescent me :P). But he was so into Bruce that I could have jumped straight on his dick in the pit, and he would have just pushed me away, without taking his eyes off Bruce. 

Excuse my language, please. :)

I usually try to limit my use of profanity on here .... But that was perfect :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

But mum Its not profanity if Bruce has said it :lol:

Some Epic stories on here .... My story is more about the pain of NOT seeing Bruce ....I had picked up Darkness on release day from Sam Goody's at the local mall and rushed home to listen with my best Bruce buddy .... by the time the sax solo started on Badlands i was in full rock and roll ecstasy.

My friend happened upon a ticket for a show in august ..... we whined and pleaded with the guy who bought the tickets to ditch his Brother and take me. I thought i had a shot .... didn't happen.:(

Flash forward to October of 1980 and tried to get two tickets for the Buffalo show ...and they sold out .... i was really upset .... I'm sure i was whining quite a bit when i heard my former Dorm RA said he knew a kid in his dorm who had extra tickets. Now i liked this guy ...but he could be a bit of a storyteller at times ....and as the weeks went by and there were no tickets .... I was sure i had been bullsh@#ted....But miraculously ....they appeared .... my girlfriend let the Greyhound drive all night from Albany ....  and we were in my friends car on our way from college to the Buffalo Auditorium ....at which point the car broke down .....that was it ..... i was cursed .... but somehow we broke down like 50 yards from a service station and made it .... finally ....

Blown away by the chutzpah of opening with BTR ..... I Fought The Law blew the roof off ...my girlfriend got the one song she wanted ( For You ) ...We Got Santa ...and i have this memory of just holding my girl and swaying to the beauty of  the music in the dark ...which i realize must have been Drive All Night ....

And of course Detroit Medley ....which pretty much ruined me for any other encore ....

And that show that sent us scrambling to Nassau Coliseum 27 days later hoping we could somehow get in. I didn't know that "The Drop" was a thing for 20 some years after that ...But apparently we were the big time beneficiary of that phenomenon on that New Years Eve almost 40 years ago. 

• Like 7
  • Love Love Love! 1

I know we’ve discussed our “firsts” being two days apart before @Early North Jersey.  I too had an ‘almost’ ‘78 story.  

A friend who was going to SUNY-Binghamton had gotten me a ticket to a show that was not too far from campus.  I was BEYOND excited.  

Day before the show I got sick.  Bronchitis, fever, and of course the day of the show it was snowing. Hard.  Three hour drive.  No could do.  AHHHHHHHH :( :( :( :( 

So when the 1980 show came around, my excitement was quadrupled!  

Someone offered me a ticket to your Buffalo show, but poor college student me didn’t have the $50.00. Double :( 

We also couldn’t believe he opened with BTR; and the MEDLEY remains my favorite encore to this day as well... 

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Sad 2

There are some beautiful and amazing stories shared on this thread. Loved reading them all. :) 

I really don't have a good story about my first Bruce concert (nor about the other first to be honest, haha!), but I remember like it was yesterday when I was at college mid-class scrolling through my phone (couldn't stand that course at all) and I saw a couple of Portuguese guys like me spreading the rumour that Bruce was coming to Rock In Rio 2016 as part of the River (Revisited) Tour! I actually started shaking a bit because I thought I had missed my chance to see my favourite artist when I skipped the concert in 2012 because I was just starting to get into his music and I got really nervous because that was the only time he had performed in Portugal other than on the 1993 tour.

I don't think I've ever stalked so many Facebook groups looking for rumours, waiting for THE announcement. And then... I got an email when I got home. I read it and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Bruce Springsteen was coming to Lisbon on the 19th of May 2016. The festival wasn't even supposed to start on the 19th! It was only suppose to start on the 20th with Queen + Adam Lambert (Queen, my only other sick obsession), but they switched the second date to get Bruce. I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe my two favourite artists were coming on back-to-back nights, it was insane.

My dad being a huge Springsteen fan as well wanted to come along, and so did my mom who really only knows the big Born In The U.S.A. hits and the other usual suspects, plus the songs that I keep blasting around the house, and so we got the three tickets on the day they went on sale. 

The 19th arrived, I skipped the classes I had on the afternoon and to be honest I didn't get much sleep. I just couldn't contain my excitement. I stood in line for about 2 hours before the venue opened, and I just went to the main stage, saving my spot for the big moment. My mom isn't a big fan of crowds so my parents stayed in the back, on a more relaxed spot. While I was there, I got to meet three or four online friends I knew from the Portuguese Bruce group and we all were unaware of what was reeeeally going to happen.

Being a festival, we had to wait a while before our man would make his appearence. Stereophonics played for about an hour and I really enjoyed their set. Xutos E Pontapés (a Portuguese band) played next, and it was fun because everybody here knows their lyrics by heart but I'm not a big fan of their music. The roadies are switching the gear, I'm standing there on my phone playing whatever game I was playing to pass the time. Suddenly, I start hearing people clapping and I see Jake walking on to the stage and the entire E Street Band follows. And then...

"Olá, Lisboa! Olá, Portugal! A-ONE, TWO..."

I recognized it just by the count. Max plays his intro fill. The single loudest E chord I've ever witness hits me like lightning. 'Badlands'! I couldn't believe it. And then, off I went. 

Those 3 hours felt like 30 minutes to me. Time really is relative. I wanted the heart, I wanted the soul, I wanted control. I spent my life waiting for a moment "that just don't come". But it did come. And I couldn't be happier that it did. 

• Like 7
  • Bruuuuce! 2

2 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

and we were in my friends car on our way from college to the Buffalo Auditorium ....at which point the car broke down .....that was it ..... i was cursed .... but somehow we broke down like 50 yards from a service station and made it .... finally ....

This made me groan because it was not Bruce but I once had tickets to a concert at the Empty Container Centre (some Aussies will get that ref) and we turned up with the mate who had the tickets only to discover he had brought us along the day after the concert he had gotten the tickets too. A moment I will never forget. It gave me a level of paranoia about every Bruce show I ever saw that it is hard to describe. I display almost OCD like obsession about being there on the right day and incredibly early every time. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyGirl said:

This made me groan because it was not Bruce but I once had tickets to a concert at the Empty Container Centre (some Aussies will get that ref) and we turned up with the mate who had the tickets only to discover he had brought us along the day after the concert he had gotten the tickets too. A moment I will never forget. It gave me a level of paranoia about every Bruce show I ever saw that it is hard to describe. I display almost OCD like obsession about being there on the right day and incredibly early every time. 

This is why i have to be a day early 

• Like 1

I was a little kid being taken by his Mom to his first ever concert. I was 11 on November 1st, 1980. I was angry that I had to go with her. She knew I would get something out of it. We were three rows deep on the floor. He came out with those sideburns and blew me away unlike anything ever in this world. That feeling has held me ever since....

1980-11-01 - LOS ANGELES MEMORIAL SPORTS ARENA, LOS ANGELES, CA

BORN TO RUN / OUT IN THE STREET / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / INDEPENDENCE DAY / FACTORY / FOR YOU / TWO HEARTS / JACKSON CAGE / THE PROMISED LAND / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / THE PRICE YOU PAY / THE RIVER / BADLANDS / THUNDER ROAD / CADILLAC RANCH / HUNGRY HEART / FIRE / CANDY'S ROOM / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / FADE AWAY / STOLEN CAR / THE TIES THAT BIND / WRECK ON THE HIGHWAY / POINT BLANK / CRUSH ON YOU / RAMROD / YOU CAN LOOK (BUT YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH) / DRIVE ALL NIGHT / BACKSTREETS / ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT) / JUNGLELAND / SWEET LITTLE SIXTEEN (with Jackson Browne) / DETROIT MEDLEY

34-song set features "Prove It All Night" with the long piano and guitar introduction for the first time since 1979; the only known such versions outside of the Darkness On The Edge Of Town Tour are this, the following night, and several occasions after it was resurrected in 2012. Premiere of "Fade Away" (also with a long instrumental intro) and the first "Candy's Room" of the tour. The alternative third verse of "The Price You Pay" ("some say forget the past..") is premiered, with Springsteen again accompanied by Danny Federici on accordion as he was the previous night. "No Money Down" is performed as an intro to "Cadillac Ranch". "Detroit Medley" includes "I Hear A Train" and a snippet of "Wabash Cannonball". Clarence sings the opening lines of Lloyd Price's "Stagger Lee" as an introduction to "Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)", which also includes a snippet of "Hail To The Chief" during the band introductions. Setlist corrected 11/2014 to include the previously omitted "Ramrod". Guest appearance by Jackson Browne on the tour premiere (and the last concert performance) of Chuck Berry's "Sweet Little Sixteen", see photo on our Gallery tab. "Racing In The Street" and "I Wanna Marry You" are each dropped for the first time on the tour, although it's not confirmed whether the former song was performed the previous night either.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

July 4 1985, Wembley stadium. Opened with Independence Day.

And I was already married ;):lol:

That was my second.

Of course I was now more experienced......:D

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

The Capitol Theatre, Passaic NJ, 9/20/1978.  Nothing further needs to be said.  I was there and no one can ever take that experience away from me.  Bruce at his absolute best.

We have a winner.........

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

9 hours ago, CrushOnOutlawPete said:

This has nothing to do with your comment or the thread at hand, but I want to say I love your username.

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

My first was on the Other Band tour and I'm not ashamed to say it! However, I was 15 at the time of the TOL tour and my parents wouldn't let me and my mate go. They also refused to chaperone. I'm surprised we're still talking, even now. Anyway:

1992-07-06 - WEMBLEY ARENA, LONDON, ENGLAND

BETTER DAYS / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / LOCAL HERO / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / IF I SHOULD FALL BEHIND / 57 CHANNELS (AND NOTHIN' ON) / THE RIVER / LIVING PROOF / MY HOMETOWN / BADLANDS / LEAP OF FAITH / MAN'S JOB / ROLL OF THE DICE / LUCKY TOWN / COVER ME / BRILLIANT DISGUISE (with Patti Scialfa) / WITH EVERY WISH / SOULS OF THE DEPARTED / HUMAN TOUCH (with Patti Scialfa) / BOBBY JEAN / LIGHT OF DAY / GLORY DAYS / WORKING ON THE HIGHWAY / HUNGRY HEART / THUNDER ROAD / BORN TO RUN / MY BEAUTIFUL REWARD

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 minutes ago, wolfinthepines said:

my parents wouldn't let me and my mate go. They also refused to chaperone. I'm surprised we're still talking, even now.

Reminds me of the time my parents wouldn't come back early from holiday to let me go to see The Beatles and Roy Orbison. I was 11 (and probably wouldn't have got a ticket in the first place) but dad drove round the back of the City Hall - didn't help. He later drove me down to Hull during the night so I could catch the bus to see the Monkees in London - I was 15.

Hearing that you missed out on Bruce makes me feel a tad better. :) However, I feel your pain.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 10:04 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

Hello Mumford

Im sorry i havn't said hello sooner

And a belated welcome

You were one lucky 8 year old ! 

Hey there and thanks for the welcome.

I feel very lucky that I have had parents and brothers who have introduced me to the boss very early in my life. 

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1