Oh, yeah. I remember all of them. The only ones I don't have in my current collection  are the McCoo & Davis duet, Torn Between Two Lovers, Shaun Cassidy (we did have that album in the family collection though because of The Hardy Boys) and the Meco Star Wars medley (had that as a kid, too). I thought their Empire Strikes Back single was better.

I have the David Soul single because it was my Mom's favorite song for a long time so I play it now and then.

• Like 2

1977 ... the year that I really started 'going out' with my friends to discos and pubs :)

Saturday Night Fever, Starsky & Hutch, loads of disco music, Blinded By The Light by Manfred Mann ;) (of course it was! I hadn't heard of Mr Bruce Springsteen in 1977!). Playing Leo Sayer's When I Need You over and over at the house of one of my pen-pals (remember pen-pals?). We really did drop the needle and pray.  Teenage angst!

But Glen Campbell singing SUMMER Nights? I don't think so.

Lots of bad ones in there mixed with a few great ones. By now I had moved to mostly listening to the college station so there are some of these I don't remember. I did (and still have) Stevie Wonder and Rumors. I remember buying the Eagles album but after their earlier stuff I didn't  like this one, especially the title song. 

And wasn't David Soul an actor? I don't remember that at all, but there are a few others I don't remember either.

Remember them all apart from Alan O'Day - if I heard that one then I can understand how I'd forget it. :D I'd been crackers about Bruce for 2 years and liked Blinded by MM but not anywhere as good as Bruce's version.

Yes, @Troublette - David Soul was Hutch in Starsky & Hutch but had several hit singles. I really liked his songs.

We were still living in the farm cottage at Mitford, outside Morpeth, and Suzanne was 2 that year … Christopher would come along the following year.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Eileen said:

Yes, @Troublette - David Soul was Hutch in Starsky & Hutch but had several hit singles. I really liked his songs.

That's a show I've never seen along with the other buddy show with the Daisy Duke girl. I can't even remember what that one was called! I think they are confused in my head as they both had a blonde and brunette actor.

23 minutes ago, Troublette said:

That's a show I've never seen along with the other buddy show with the Daisy Duke girl. I can't even remember what that one was called! I think they are confused in my head as they both had a blonde and brunette actor.

They made records, too.

I think in the 70s, if you were an actor on a hit show you were allowed to make an album.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Troublette said:

The Dukes of Hazzard.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Andy Gibb......What happened to him again? Died of an overdose?

Not an overdose, but a heart condition brought on by years of cocaine use.

Some say it was a broken heart over Victoria Principal.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
2 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Not an overdose, but a heart condition brought on by years of cocaine use.

Some say it was a broken heart over Victoria Principal.

Thxs....Didn't remember. Victoria Principal....Actress, right?

34 minutes ago, Eileen said:

No,

that's it?..................No? :blink:

I don't think you like me anymore auntie...:(...Sawright.....I blame meself.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Jerseyfornia said:

She was on Dallas.

ahh...I remember now. Not a big TV soap fan.

23 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Andy Gibb......What happened to him again? Died of an overdose?

I've actually got an Andy Gibb album - Flowing Rivers (1977 :)).  One of the very, very few things I've ever won in a competition!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, janeymarywendy said:

I've actually got an Andy Gibb album - Flowing Rivers (1977 :)).  One of the very, very few things I've ever won in a competition!

The title track of that album is an excellent song.

I have all the BeeGees and Andy Gibb records. Do they get a lot of play? No, but there are some stone cold classics on those albums.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I have all the BeeGees and Andy Gibb records. Do they get a lot of play? No, but there are some stone cold classics on those albums.

I've heard several Bee Gee tracks on LSUG from the eariler days during the British Invasion days. I didn't even think it was the Bee gee's Quite Good. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I will give the album a spin tomorrow (too late tonight) and get back to you!

• Like 1

They turned the Star Wars theme into a disco song.....:wacko:.....But of course. It was the 70s after all.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

She was very pretty Dan

Yes...I googled her. Very attractive. Would have to be to be a TV soap star, I'm sure.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I've heard several Bee Gee tracks on LSUG from the eariler days during the British Invasion days. I didn't even think it was the Bee gee's Quite Good. 

The Odessa album is great as was much of their early output.