Greasy Lake Community

APP reporting 2020 ESB tour possibly scrapped

I think maybe we have to lower our expectations a bit. Bruce will be 71 in September. The days of touring most of the year at 3+ hours a night may be behind him. And certain songs like Cadillac Ranch, Badlands, etc take a certain amount of energy to play. And the fans expect that energy. And I don’t think Bruce wants to disappoint us.  I do think the E Street Band will play together again but I think the tour and show length may be pared down considerably.  The grand old days may be behind us.

18 minutes ago, Wbt774 said:

I think maybe we have to lower our expectations a bit. Bruce will be 71 in September. The days of touring most of the year at 3+ hours a night may be behind him. And certain songs like Cadillac Ranch, Badlands, etc take a certain amount of energy to play. And the fans expect that energy. And I don’t think Bruce wants to disappoint us.  I do think the E Street Band will play together again but I think the tour and show length may be pared down considerably.  The grand old days may be behind us.

I'm getting so confused.  When rumors are rumored to not be true all of a sudden it's coz Bruce is ancient and three to four shows are no longer viable.

Does anyone think Bruce may have changed his mind and that when he thought they might tour six months ago they were still old?  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wbt774 said:

And certain songs like Cadillac Ranch, Badlands, etc take a certain amount of energy to play. And the fans expect that energy.

Again, I'm sure Bruce would have thought this all through when he said himself a few months ago they might hit the road this year.  

Besides that, I don't expect the same energy at all.  Impossibilities ain't my obsession.  

• Like 2

I don’t buy the “he’s too old” and “voice is gone “ stuff....If the Rolling Stones as well as others can still geriatric around the stage, so can Bruce and could run circles around them in the process.

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Folks could always go see The Stones, again, if they so desire.  They're touring soon, again.  

Yeah, I don't think Bruce one night discovered his voice is old and his body is failing him all to cancel the whole tour once he slept on it.

Something business wise ain't working or maybe health does play a role with someone, who knows.  

The talk about Bruce's voice going is ridiculous. For my money, Western Stars contains several vocal performances that rival his best and, while the tracks for the album were recorded over the last several years, he recreated (and matched) those performances just last year in the filmed version.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 2

I am surprised at the surprise. Less than a year ago he said he had written some songs that he hopes are good, and that he needs to get the band together to start recording by the end of 2019. How likely was it (knowing Springsteen) that he would have had that recorded, released and be on the road in 6 to 8 months? There will be an album and shows, it might his next project, but it was always unlikely to happen this year -- if it is going to be an album backed rather than simply a nostalgia tour. And I'd rather wait for the former than settle for the latter. (Also, he needs to return to Cape Town :-) ) 

• Like 1

77....Open heart surgery. One month later....

Suck it up Bruce....Get to the gym & get crackin'. I expect nothing less that 3 1/2 hr shows, running around the stage, the crowd surfing, the stage sliding...I wanna party like it's 1978.

:P

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Maybe he's fired the band again ;)

Like I said on the other thread this discussion is taking place, maybe he just doesn't want to do the E-Street thing anymore....or at least, at this time. 

Hopefully it’s just a delay for a few months. This will likely be the last big E street world tour taking in countries like Australia/NZ maybe South Africa, as well as US and Europe.

If they are still working on recording the album then you would rather they did not rush it. It might be just that Europe is going to be the last leg of the tour and Australia now the first leg. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I now solemnly pray to any and all gods that are listening...

Please, mighty gods, don't allow this thread to become the rehash of the new album and tour rumor thread.

I said, "Don't look Ethel, but it was too late".

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I didn't sleep well because of this. Not because of the tour not happening, I was disturbed by this uncomfortable feeling that something might be wrong with someone. 

5 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I didn't sleep well because of this. Not because of the tour not happening, I was disturbed by this uncomfortable feeling that something might be wrong with someone. 

Which is going to be the case at some stage.

Mebbies he's just got to the stage where he can't be bothered to tour, singing the same stuff and being expected to be cheerful for a couple of hours? They've all earned the right to take it easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerseyfornia said:

7 hours ago, TruthThatRanUsDown said:

Good news indeed. That old dinosaur, karaoke band should have been shelved after TOL.

Maybe ha can focus on other more important projects to be released this year - 

A follow up to Western Stars

BITUSA box set

Nebraska box set

Or totally leftfield a sound & vision set from TOL

42 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I wonder if maybe, I don’t know, someone like a Ron Aniello could place a picture on one of those social media thingys that may shed some light and bring a collective sense of ease to this matter. 

It’s a long shot I grant you. 

I wonder if BRUCE could do this himself seeing as it's himself we're talking about ;) and tell Ronnie boy to leave orf.

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Silvia said:

His mother's condition presumably informs most of his daily decisions and probably has for several years. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have heard the interview on Sirius with Steve, his comment about 2020 opening up was quite flippant and if it was linked to Bruce’s Mother I don’t think it would have been answered like that.

Clearly Dave Marsh knows the reason as Jim Rotello was pushing and Dave just said “move on”

I will try and figure a way of sharing the interview later today

• Like 1