Sign in to follow this  
TruthThatRanUsDown

APP reporting 2020 ESB tour possibly scrapped

44 minutes ago, the imposter said:

It certainly couldn't have helped that Crosby said Neil left his wife for a "purely poisonous predator" (i.e. Daryl Hannah)...

Well this part was missing.  I had thought of her but then thought he had something pre-Peggy days.  

34 minutes ago, TOWNFULLOFLOSERS said:

Sorry man that's just a bizarre post it both stands alone as a great ballad, but also melts into that album beautifully 

Hello Sunshine is not a great ballad.

1 hour ago, TOWNFULLOFLOSERS said:

Sorry man that's just a bizarre post it both stands alone as a great ballad, but also melts into that album beautifully 

Well I too really loved the song from the first listen, without the context of the album.  Same with Miracle.  

But I wouldn’t say Lampi’s post is ‘bizarre.’  

If he (or anyone) didn’t care for it (or any other song on WS) at first, but liked it more after hearing it within the context of the album, and/or after seeing the film, that’s perfectly understandable IMO.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Hello Sunshine is not a great ballad.

While I completely understand your earlier post, I disagree with you here.  I personally think it’s a great song.  

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 4:28 PM, alanio said:

I think The Boss is ready for a Rick Rubin record... 

Yes.

Or Daniel Lanois, T-Bone Burnett (don't know if both men still produce albums BTW).

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 12:00 AM, MacBruce said:

Until Bruce officially says there is nothing happening in 2020 (which they have always done before) then I am still optimistic we will see something this year on the album and tour front.

At least it is reasonable to expect a sort of retro-spective release in 2020; BUSA Box, Nebraska re-release, Tracks 2, or something else.

Maybe a new album without a tour.

• Bruuuuce! 1

16 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

What can Rubin do that Aniello can't?

Get Bruce out of his comfort zone, something fresh and new.

Brendan O'Brien and Aniello were that too when they started working with Bruce- and Aniello maybe still is (which means the answer to your question could be: maybe nothing).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

What can Rubin do that Aniello can't?

Step away from Pro Tools once an hour?
Performances and bravery re. how the ageing process is affecting the artist are where it's at for Bruce at this time (see Broadway, Western Stars film etc.).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Well this part was missing.  I had thought of her but then thought he had something pre-Peggy days.  

It's purely around the Darlyl Hannah comments. Neil had a lot of love for Crosby prior and was actually pivotal in getting him clean.

5 hours ago, alanio said:

Step away from Pro Tools once an hour?
Performances and bravery re. how the ageing process is affecting the artist are where it's at for Bruce at this time (see Broadway, Western Stars film etc.).

Totally agree with the final sentence. It’s where he is in his life and I’ve always preferred his work when he’s looking inwards more. It will be a devastating journey if he goes down that road.

That said, I’m fully signed up Ron fanboy. 

If -and that's a big if- Big B decides to tour and make use of Nils Lofgren's services, the latter will be there. The man apparently needs the money. And if not...it is not like Nils is in any way essential for an ESB show or its sound. Bruce can play without Danny, Clarence and even Steve. Think Nils is really gonna be a decisive factor?

That said, once again, I believe and I hope Bruce goes on tour when he has a record he stands behind.

I really have little desire to see the ESB again at this point, but if they do come out again, please let it be behind a really good, cohesive album, not some alibi for touring...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NoneButTheBrave said:

If -and that's a big if- Big B decides to tour and make use of Nils Lofgren's services, the latter will be there. The man apparently needs the money. And if not...it is not like Nils is in any way essential for an ESB show or its sound. Bruce can play without Danny, Clarence and even Steve. Think Nils is really gonna be a decisive factor?

Maybe not, but Nils going out with Crazy Horse says no ESB tour (unless Bruce lied to him again). And Yes losing the best guitarist would be big. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NoneButTheBrave said:

That said, once again, I believe and I hope Bruce goes on tour when he has a record he stands behind.

I really have little desire to see the ESB again at this point, but if they do come out again, please let it be behind a really good, cohesive album, not some alibi for touring...

Exactly this.

I’d love a non E Street tour. Preferably with some form of band this time around. 

12 minutes ago, NoneButTheBrave said:

but if they do come out again, please let it be behind a really good, cohesive album,

Bruce, please just tour Western Stars.......... that's what the people want. 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, NoneButTheBrave said:

Nils needs the money?

:blink:

1 hour ago, EFC Refugee said:

It's purely around the Darlyl Hannah comments. Neil had a lot of love for Crosby prior and was actually pivotal in getting him clean.

He didn't say in the film what he said, but that is nasty what was quoted.  I'd be pissed too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

You say the weirdest things.  Is that really what people want?  A WS tour?  You don't see the numerous comments with respect to Bruce being old and should not waste anymore time without the E Streeters?

31 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Exactly this.

I’d love a non E Street tour. Preferably with some form of band this time around. 

I honestly couldn't care less about hearing Badlands right now with the same old gang, gimme some Seeger folk and let it rock. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

No.

3 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Is that really what people want? 

From what I’ve seen on Twitter and various comments on E Street Radio, as well as from lots of comments on here... yeah, that would be great.  For most of us.  Some of course would have a collective fit.  

Personally I’d love a tour w/ the ESB (def including Nils), with or without a new ESB type album; along with local orchestras to play lots of WS stuff as well.  

While I DO need to hear Badlands again, if he chooses not to do a lot of the ‘standards,’ fine by me.  

I just wanna be wherever Bruce and whatever kind of band he puts together is... 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NoneButTheBrave said:

But Nils is my favourite band member 

Just now, Daisey Jeep said:

But Nils is my favourite band member 

I love Nils as well.  

• Love Love Love! 1