APP reporting 2020 ESB tour possibly scrapped

10 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Indeed.  Life goes on without him.

Especially if goes on the road with tubas & banjos. Jeezus...some of you peopl

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JustDan said:

:)

I'd love him to take the Sessions Band back out on the road. 

It'd be kinder to his hearing, too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Touring with 'another band' is not the same as 'touring with the Sessions Band'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Another thing old codgers really have to watch, their hearing.  He's lucky to play in a rock band for so long and still have his hearing, though we don't know if he's actually lost some of it.  Don't see how he couldn't have, naturally from age and then the noise of a bajillion tours.  

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Again not the ESB's fault. Seems everyone is ready to go on his waiting breath. I would hate to live my life like that, and maybe that's why Steve said fuck it. 

I don't think anyone has said it's the E Streeters fault.  Why would they?  They don't control shit. 

2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

You think? Loved Dance of the Clairvoyants but not as keen on the 2nd one.

Oh, there's a second already?  I'm still on the first.  But that, that's the one I love and think kicks serious ass.  

1 hour ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I don't think anyone has said it's the E Streeters fault.  Why would they?  They don't control shit. 

All I can say is that "I'm an E-Street Defender" 

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

I'd love it too! Easiest tickets and pit experience ever. Weeds out the casual fans. I don't always love the material, but the experience was fantastic fun, and I didn't have to hear Dancing in the Dark for the 40th time. 

• Like 2

I'd love to see the Sessions band again on a tour, but only behind a new album and playing his own material.

Come to think of it, the photo that Anielo posted was of Charlie Giordano and he was also in the Sessions Band.

I wonder ?

• Like 2

On 2/22/2020 at 7:58 PM, Jimmy James said:

And maybe that why his 2020 schedule just opened up.

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Again not the ESB's fault. Seems everyone is ready to go on his waiting breath. I would hate to live my life like that, and maybe that's why Steve said fuck it. 

It's possible Bruce pays them some sort of retainer and/or it's in their contracts that they need to be ready to go when he's ready. 

If I remember correctly, Steve once said that the biggest mistake he ever made was leaving the ESB, and if he could help it, he'd never let that happen again (or something to that effect). So, while anything is possible, I doubt it has anything to do with the band not wanting to go.

I've been around long enough to know that nothing in Bruce World is for sure until there's a press release.

On a different note, I doubt Steve would have been laughing in the interview if the change in plans had anything to do with illness. My guess is that either the album isn't ready, or Bruce just changed his mind about what he wants to put out next. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Well you guys want indoor arenas ! 

Maybe now wait till this coronna thingy has run its course ....

Well the outbreak of covid-19 in Italy is concerning. Whilst a Bruce show without knee slides and jumping off pianos is nothing to miss, his involvement with the crowd most certainly is part of the experience for fans in the first few rows. Bruce is 70 and he always clutches hands with fans and wipes his eyes so he would definitely be putting himself at risk. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Well the outbreak of covid-19 in Italy is concerning. Whilst a Bruce show without knee slides and jumping off pianos is nothing to miss, his involvement with the crowd most certainly is part of the experience for fans in the first few rows. Bruce is 70 and he always clutches hands with fans and wipes his eyes so he would definitely be putting himself at risk. 

OMG i never thought of that :o

And im not even talking about those 15 Italians that leave durring night one's encore to get in the front for night two

31 minutes ago, Wout said:

Nils > Steve > Tom

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Two of the bosses from work were off to Milan for a big exhibition, which has now been postponed, also we import all our spectacle frames from China, we have shipments stuck in Hong Kong, nothing is moving, also half the workforce, didn't return after the Chinese New Year. Difficult times and who wants to plan a tour, which could end up with large parts being cancelled.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, jmw said:

Two of the bosses from work were off to Milan for a big exhibition, which has now been postponed, also we import all our spectacle frames from China, we have shipments stuck in Hong Kong, nothing is moving, also half the workforce, didn't return after the Chinese New Year. Difficult times and who wants to plan a tour, which could end up with large parts being cancelled.

Its really starting to bite here

5000 forestry workers with nothing to do whole logs pipe up on the warfs

In Queenstown Chinese visitors are down 90% 

Seasonal staff in tourist towns are being laid off and permanent staff are taking leave

Meat and crayfish are not being exported - the ministry of fishers actually let some crayfish go back to the ocean and topped up fisherman's quota to compensate 

The sharemarket took a dive today 

Who knows what its doing to the dairy industry 

9 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

I'd love it too! Easiest tickets and pit experience ever. Weeds out the casual fans. I don't always love the material, but the experience was fantastic fun, and I didn't have to hear Dancing in the Dark for the 40th time. 

I'm not sure it weeded out just casual fans. Ticket sales and attendances in the US were poor largely because many long time fans just didn't like the Seeger stuff. Europe took the opposite view (not me) and it was a real success there.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Interesting - you think it’s a tour full stop that’s off the books or just one with the E Street Band?

Just think it’s delayed. Nothing more.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Its really starting to bite here

5000 forestry workers with nothing to do whole logs pipe up on the warfs

In Queenstown Chinese visitors are down 90% 

Seasonal staff in tourist towns are being laid off and permanent staff are taking leave

Meat and crayfish are not being exported - the ministry of fishers actually let some crayfish go back to the ocean and topped up fisherman's quota to compensate 

The sharemarket took a dive today 

Who knows what its doing to the dairy industry 

Very difficult times.

• Sad 1

There most probably are artistic/industry reasons for the delay/postponement of any tour announcement (with still working on the album almost certainly being top of that list) - but - I think regardless of that this virus will be influencing a LOT of decisions by a LOT of people now and I don't think anyone would set about planning an overseas tour at this point in time! I think we can forget about seeing Bruce live outside of the USA this year (of course my hunch of any tour kicking off in the States in the fall remains intact and all of this just further endorses that!). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

There most probably are artistic/industry reasons for the delay/postponement of any tour announcement (with still working on the album almost certainly being top of that list) - but - I think regardless of that this virus will be influencing a LOT of decisions by a LOT of people now and I don't think anyone would set about planning an overseas tour at this point in time! I think we can forget about seeing Bruce live outside of the USA this year (of course my hunch of any tour kicking off in the States in the fall remains intact and all of this just further endorses that!). 

Yes, I think this is true. I was looking into a tour through the mid section of Italy with a local group, but having seen the reports of the virus being high in Italy I've decided I'm going to wait to see what happens before making a final decision. The  tour isn't until next spring so I have some time to wait and watch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BruceWho said:

Anything is possible, of course, but if a tour were to start in the fall, it would need to be well into the planning stages by now. According to people on the other side who have been right in the past, nothing is currently (or has been) in the works for a tour this year. 

Sorry to be a buzzkill.

• Like 1