Greasy Lake Community

APP reporting 2020 ESB tour possibly scrapped

12 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

BREAKING: LIVE PHOTOS OF NCSPRNGSTN BEING "DEALT WITH" BY BRUCECORP. SECURITY OFFICIALS, HIRED BY MR LANDAU.

11580080-3x2-700x467.jpg

WILL PROVIDE MORE INFO WHEN AVAILABLE 

#SCOOPS

Is that Stan Kroenke being hauled out of The Emirates  

• Haha 1

In 8 years time when Bruce is as old as Bob Dylan is now, I’m sure health permitting Bruce will be doing a “never ending tour” and performing it a lot better than Bob apparently does. 

Bruce is lucky in that his versatility (the two D&D tour shows were amongst the best I’ve ever seen) allows for it more than the likes of the Rolling Stones, and the set list variety of that D&D tour gave Bruce the scope to draw from his huge catalogue of songs more so than any E street tour ever has, or ever will.

After JLM have cashed in on one huge final E street world tour pay day for the band, of course. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, misty rain said:

I actually once brought a sign for "Signs": :lol:

"Play this, don't play that...

Bruce, will you please play "Signs"?"

I would love to hear him do that one, or at least sing it as he is collecting signs from the audience. 

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 11:55 AM, Jimmy James said:

Hey 65 Pacecar, Sonic posted this in the EJJ Forum. The Thread is "Who Poster", it way back little 3-4 pages, but it lead to talk about this topic. 

I have no idea how to drag the whole thread over like others do. 

A huge stretch for a Bruce/Who Connection. Pam Springsteen starred in a Movie called “Sleepaway Camp III: TEENAGE WASTELAND”     :-) 

• Like 3

On 2/29/2020 at 9:27 AM, doesthisbusstop said:

After JLM have cashed in on one huge final E street world tour pay day for the band, of course. 

Not directed at you per sé, busstop, but this is an interesting aspect that keeps coming up here and over an BTX as well...people kind of outsource their disagreements with whatever it is that Bruce does to JLM or "Inc." or some variation of a clandestine organization pulling the strings...usually with the intention to milk us. Apparently, Bruce doesn't know about any of this so he can remain the good guy...

This is ridiculous. "Bruce Springsteen" is a a business. There is no business decision made without the CEO's approval...particularly in the case of THIS CEO.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, 65pacecar said:

A huge stretch for a Bruce/Who Connection. Pam Springsteen starred in a Movie called “Sleepaway Camp III: TEENAGE WASTELAND”     :-) 

Ha! - love it!  I like Bruce's more obvious ("wizards play down on pinball way") and subtle ("Waiting on the five-fifteen") connections to the boys from Shepherds Bush / Acton. There's only one "train" time in rock n roll that matters! ha!, that Tucson train couldn't have had any other time! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NoneButTheBrave said:

Not directed at you per sé, busstop, but this is an interesting aspect that keeps coming up here and over an BTX as well...people kind of outsource their disagreements with whatever it is that Bruce does to JLM or "Inc." or some variation of a clandestine organization pulling the strings...usually with the intention to milk us. Apparently, Bruce doesn't know about any of this so he can remain the good guy...

This is ridiculous. "Bruce Springsteen" is a a business. There is no business decision made without the CEO's approval...particularly in the case of THIS CEO.

A very good point. And when Bruce’s advisers show him the $ balance sheets comparing Arena shows to Stadium shows in Europe, I don’t doubt that Bruce takes less than one second to decide to sign off the latter. 

On 2/21/2020 at 9:50 AM, Wout said:

Anyway I have also given in, and spent some concert money on non-Bruce shows...

Going to see this year:

Paul McCartney (YES!!!! FINALLY!!!! This is the one I look forward the most)

Taylor Swift (yeah.....)

Melissa Etheridge

And a bunch of classical concerts :) Beethoven, Chopin, Shostakovich, and the like! 

Add Brian Wilson to the list :)

(If I can secure tickets, that is (they go on sale Friday))

14 minutes ago, Wout said:

Add Brian Wilson to the list :)

(If I can secure tickets, that is (they go on sale Friday))

Mike Love and the Neach Boys just went to the beautiful Palace Theatre in Louisville and also played EKU in Richmond last month. Two outstanding shows, 39/40’song sets, tons of energy.  Hope to catch them again later this year.   Good luck on the Brian Wilson tix, I need to check his tour schedule for dates. 

11 hours ago, NoneButTheBrave said:

Pretty much...

I've been a fan for 45 years. I've always had the impression he is "THE BOSS"...the boss of the band, the boss of his music, the boss of his live shows/tours, the boss of his business dealings. This is the main reason he told Mike Appel to get off his train. Appel wanted too much control. Landau wants to sign a contract with a promoter, a venue, the record company, music publishing...he has to get "the Boss's" approval first. Perfectionism is one of Springsteen's best/yet also (to the fans) most annoying traits.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Pretty much...

I've been a fan for 45 years. I've always had the impression he is "THE BOSS"...the boss of the band, the boss of his music, the boss of his live shows/tours, the boss of his business dealings. This is the main reason he told Mike Appel to get off his train. Appel wanted too much control. Landau wants to sign a contract with a promoter, a venue, the record company, music publishing...he has to get "the Boss's" approval first. Perfectionism is one of Springsteen's best/yet also (to the fans) most annoying traits.

I always got the feeling that Bruce became such a control freak regarding the non-music part of the business, was because of Mike Appel. Not that Bruce wasn't a control freak/perfectionist before that.

Have to say that I sorta like Mike Appel, I believe he did some very good things early on, he was good for Bruce in many ways. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, red headed woman said:

Went to see Jesse Malin last night very good :D

Also my Bruce concert money is going fast, Stereophonics on Saturday and then Keith Urban and Brothers Osbourne in May :ph34r:

I bet dime to a dollar that you still find away even if out of money to see Bruce! 

1 hour ago, Dr. Zoom said:

I

Have to say that I sorta like Mike Appel, I believe he did some very good things early on, he was good for Bruce in many ways. 

Oh yes and that seems not in discussie, and well-known among fans. And Bruce and Mike did reconcile a long time ago.

It is to blame on Dave Marsh who needs a three days non-stop listening to the Sunny Day Kids Greatest Hits as punishment for what he did to Mike.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JustDan said:

Pretty much...

Yes.  I think the perfectionism / control issues find their roots in his mental health issues.

• Like 1