Greasy Lake Community

APP reporting 2020 ESB tour possibly scrapped

14 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Yes.  I think the perfectionism / control issues find their roots in his mental health issues.

It -The perfectionism- is still there but it was said it got better (less perfectionism) since he uses anti-depressiva.

• Like 1

Perfectionism is good to the point where it's perfect to all others but not you! 

I had control issues up until about 10 years ago. When I hired an assistance to help with all the paperwork here, so I can post more on the board here! ;)

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, NoneButTheBrave said:

Not directed at you per sé, busstop, but this is an interesting aspect that keeps coming up here and over an BTX as well...people kind of outsource their disagreements with whatever it is that Bruce does to JLM or "Inc." or some variation of a clandestine organization pulling the strings...usually with the intention to milk us. Apparently, Bruce doesn't know about any of this so he can remain the good guy...

This is ridiculous. "Bruce Springsteen" is a a business. There is no business decision made without the CEO's approval...particularly in the case of THIS CEO.

Yes

Guilty 

JLM get paid good money to be the bad guys 

2 hours ago, Lampi said:

Oh yes and that seems not in discussie, and well-known among fans. And Bruce and Mike did reconcile a long time ago.

It is to blame on Dave Marsh who needs a three days non-stop listening to the Sunny Day Kids Greatest Hits as punishment for what he did to Mike.

Time for some Mike Appel love.

He did morgage his house to get Bruce's career going

I can't think of many people I'd do that for 

Ive never seen these puctures of Mike and C before but it looks like back stage at the Greetings show on the WOAD tour 

Sorry the quality looks crap

But that bottom one is always my favourite of Mike and Bruce

Mike+C.jpg

00c310ce554210775272fc1053411e37.jpg

Mike-Jon-Boss-e1468341974837.jpg

Mike-Boss-300x480.jpg

• Like 5

On 3/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

Time for some Mike Appel love.

He did morgage his house to get Bruce's career going

I can't think of many people I'd do that for 

Ive never seen these puctures of Mike and C before but it looks like back stage at the Greetings show on the WOAD tour 

Sorry the quality looks crap

But that bottom one is always my favourite of Mike and Bruce

Mike+C.jpg

00c310ce554210775272fc1053411e37.jpg

Mike-Jon-Boss-e1468341974837.jpg

Mike-Boss-300x480.jpg

That bit about Mike mortgaging his house is wrong. It's an untruth started by Dave Marsh in his first Bruce book.

Mike himself has said that his dad lent him some money back then, nothing to do with mortgages.

A minor point, I know, but good to correct Marsh where necessary.

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

That bit about Mike mortgaging his house is wrong. It's an untruth started by Dave Marsh in his first Bruce book.

Mike himself has said that his dad lent him some money back then, nothing to do with mortgages.

A minor point, I know, but good to correct Marsh where necessary.

i-honestly-feel-ilejbl.jpg

5 hours ago, Wout said:

I think it has been mentioned before, but the tour being scrapped could all be due to the corona virus. 

It would appear that the tour never went beyond the discussion stage.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Wout said:

I think it has been mentioned before, but the tour being scrapped could all be due to the corona virus. 

Mass gatherings where people are backed in such close proximity seem to be asking for trouble

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/411117/coronavirus-new-zealand-s-fourth-covid-19-case-attended-tool-concert

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/120069317/coronavirus-ministry-of-health-updates-on-outbreak

3 hours ago, Wout said:

If this is the case, Bruce has to have one very well informed and globally oriented management. Or perhaps Bruce personally received some worrying inside information. 

Time wise, this information was published at the beginning of the outbreak in Italy. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 3:31 AM, Silvia said:

If this is the case, Bruce has to have one very well informed and globally oriented management. Or perhaps Bruce personally received some worrying inside information. 

Time wise, this information was published at the beginning of the outbreak in Italy. 

I wonder if insurence is now an issue with corona ? 

41 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I wonder if insurence is now an issue with corona ? 

I've read somewhere that most businesses aren't insured in a case of an epidemic. 

1 minute ago, Silvia said:

I've read somewhere that most businesses aren't insured in a case of an epidemic. 

So the risk to tour is even a greater financial risk 

On 3/6/2020 at 9:31 AM, Silvia said:

Maybe Madame Marie saw it coming and warned him before she got busted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I believe I’ve read every post in this thread and I realize there will not be a tour which is honestly no problem for me. That said, do we have any idea if the album has been scrapped or just a tour? Apologies if I’ve missed it somewhere in here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I believe I’ve read every post in this thread and I realize there will not be a tour which is honestly no problem for me. That said, do we have any idea if the album has been scrapped or just a tour? Apologies if I’ve missed it somewhere in here.

Someone around here said that everything had simply been postponed. Regarding the album, if I'm not mistaken, Ron has uploaded a picture of him in Bruce's studio. But everything is unknown.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ibbhomero said:

Someone around here said that everything had simply been postponed. Regarding the album, if I'm not mistaken, Ron has uploaded a picture of him in Bruce's studio. But everything is unknown.

Might be wrong, but I also share the view that the album and tour have just been postponed for a bit for whatever reason until either late on in this year or early next year. Bruce will want to get out on the road with the band again. It's what he lives for, and also a tour makes a lot of money.

• Bruuuuce! 1

Hmmm, not convinced. I suspect we have seen the last of the e street band as we know it. Hopefully it will encourage Bruce to tour with smaller & tighter bands instead of the cringy power & fake passion of the e street  band. Here's to hoping