Greasy Lake Community

APP reporting 2020 ESB tour possibly scrapped

59 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

Stay home already. One more ticket for the faithful.

I will stay home in case of an E Street band tour. So, here in Sweden there will be one more ticket for the faithfuls to fight over.

3 hours ago, Wout said:

Bruce + Roy + Max + Garry 

And Nils also.

Or as was said sometimes the past years: small band (only 2nd guitar-bass-drums) with musicians who never played with Bruce before.

• Like 1

To be honest I don't care with which bands he'll tour, as long as he will tour!!! I'm in desperate need of seeing Bruce again!!

Whether it is solo, ESB, the WB line-up (loved that!), the other band, seegers, orchestra, I don't mind, I NEED MY BRUCE JUICE!!!

I definitely want an E Street tour. For me Bruce and the band are a single being and I love them as a whole (although I really like Bruce's solo works). In addition, as a young fan,  I "only" have been able to enjoy 2 concerts with the band. And I need a third concert. It would be a great disappointment for me not to see my hero accompanied by his faithful squires.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Maybe the last time he seen Bruce was with "the other band". And that's why he's still mad? 

Not mad at all Jimmy, I also saw him on the reunion tour, thought that was pretty dire as well, Not liked anything he's done since TOL until WS.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

So in other words you're not a fan of Bruce? Yet you joined this board while not being a fan either 2016. Doesn't make sense to me. 

How do you assume  that? I grew up on bruce, he will always be a part of me, Always been my second fav artist of all time & always will be. I'm not an obsessive fan, but then again I'm not obsessive about anything. I always look in on the board on the hope of new or retrospective material, Doesn't mean I have to like it though, although I was pleasantly surprised by WS. Does that make me a lesser fan than you or anyone else? Most likely, but what sane, rational person would care?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Who's your first?

Our very own - Roy Harper.

If you have not heard of him, check these 3 songs out, (my fav. lifer songs)

When An Old Cricketer Leaves The Crease - No 1 song at atheist & humanist funerals & will be at mine

Another Day (also recorded by Kate Bush & Peter Gabriel amongst others)

Twelve Hours Of Sunset - so melancholy, so sublime

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TupacThePuma said:

If you have not heard of him, check these 3 songs out, (my fav. lifer songs)

When An Old Cricketer Leaves The Crease - No 1 song at atheist & humanist funerals & will be at mine

Another Day (also recorded by Kate Bush & Peter Gabriel amongst others)

Twelve Hours Of Sunset - so melancholy, so sublime

just googled 

= saddest song ever 

4 hours ago, TupacThePuma said:

Thank you.

Listening to Another Day now - he's got the kettle on, excellent song for the Palace. The ones I've heard are a bit too melancholy for my taste I'm afraid. I like sad songs but … too slow. Edit: On reflection … I adore Will T Massey's very slow, melancholy songs - so I suppose Roy just doesn't appeal. Each to their own etc.

The way he (Roy) plays reminds me of Mike Silver.

6 hours ago, TupacThePuma said:

How do you assume  that? I grew up on bruce, he will always be a part of me, Always been my second fav artist of all time & always will be. I'm not an obsessive fan, but then again I'm not obsessive about anything. I always look in on the board on the hope of new or retrospective material, Doesn't mean I have to like it though, although I was pleasantly surprised by WS. Does that make me a lesser fan than you or anyone else? Most likely, but what sane, rational person would care?

For some on the board here, yes it does make you a lesser fan.  Have you missed all the "real" fan or "true" fan stuff, you know, the ones who are never negative, whatever that really means.  Kills me when I see someone refer to someone as the "best" or "realest" fan.  However this person is deciding, weird criteria. 

23 hours ago, TupacThePuma said:

Not mad at all Jimmy, I also saw him on the reunion tour, thought that was pretty dire as well, Not liked anything he's done since TOL until WS.

What the hell was wrong with the reunion tour? I would have given a kidney for being there!