Sign in to follow this  
TruthThatRanUsDown

APP reporting 2020 ESB tour possibly scrapped

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Perisic said:

Dave Marsh saying 'move on' is exactly why he shouldn't be a host. 'Move on', really?

Marsh is a pompous douchebag. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time is running out for Bruce. He's getting older and older. My advice to him would be to focus on making new music, recording and releasing albums instead of wasting time on waiting for the right moment to release an album to tour behind. And, stop wasting time by recycling old songs like you did  that year on Broadway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eileen said:

Which is going to be the case at some stage.

Mebbies he's just got to the stage where he can't be bothered to tour, singing the same stuff and being expected to be cheerful for a couple of hours? They've all earned the right to take it easy.

I wholeheartedly agree, but a short statement clarifying this situation would be nice. 

Their PR isn't top notch, as it should have been. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevharrison said:

Exactly, this was the main point everyone was discussing in another group 

Unless there is a really sensitive underlying reason in which case it’s a fair move?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Promise61 said:

His mother's condition presumably informs most of his daily decisions and probably has for several years. 

I know, but it's a quite predictable desease, and this cancellation seems to be a sudden change of plans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eileen said:

Mebbies he's just got to the stage where he can't be bothered to tour, singing the same stuff and being expected to be cheerful for a couple of hours? They've all earned the right to take it easy.

He doesn't have to "sing the same stuff".  He can sing whatever he feels like singing. 

As for being cheerful, it's pretty clear that performing on stage makes him happy.  Takes him out of himself.  I'm sure he's said that, in some fashion.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rizla said:

He doesn't have to "sing the same stuff".  He can sing whatever he feels like singing. 

As for being cheerful, it's pretty clear that performing on stage makes him happy.  Takes him out of himself.  I'm sure he's said that, in some fashion.

That'll go down well if he misses the golden oldies out. :D

He probably loves the stints he does onstage with his mates … 2 hours plus when (imho) he's not firing on all cylinders ie feeling his age? Hmmmm - hope I'm wrong and that he returns with a flourish.

I reckon he'll pass on the high-energy stuff and opt for quieter, shorter tours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason this one feels different.  Either his Mom has taken a turn for the worse or Bruce himself has something going on.  In the past if a band member had an issue he has replaced them with a stand-in etc. in most case (Max-->little Max), Charlie, Jake, Tom for Steve.  Hopefully its nothing more than he just isn't ready to jump into a tour.....or the news of cancellation is to prime the excitement for a sudden announcement by taking us all off guard.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am reminded of the comments in the autobiography where he talks, from memory, about what a thrill it is to perform in front of tens of thousands of screaming rock'n'roll fans every night - how if you could do it for just one night you'd never forget it, and how to do it over 40+ years is an unimaginable privilege. This doesn't strike me as being something you'd lose interest in doing as long as you and your band are fit and well enough. Plus it pays a king's ransom for doing what comes naturally.

I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here (this is the internet, after all). Reliable sources on BTX were saying that before Christmas discussions about tour bookings had fizzled out and that nothing was happening in terms of live shows in the first half of this year at least. So this casual Stevie remark isn't completely out of the blue. They seem to be still recording, aren't they? If not what was the point of Ron's recent Instagram posts - to stoke up hype for something that isn't happening? There's already enough hype out here - he doesn't need to stoke it.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Eileen said:

That'll go down well if he misses the golden oldies out. :D

He probably loves the stints he does onstage with his mates … 2 hours plus when (imho) he's not firing on all cylinders ie feeling his age? Hmmmm - hope I'm wrong and that he returns with a flourish.

I reckon he'll pass on the high-energy stuff and opt for quieter, shorter tours.

Well, he does please himself.  There was the time at the end of the Olympic Park show when he came on to do an acoustic Thunder Road.  It was obvious he was going to do TR until, distracted by something that caught his eye, he did a completely impromptu My Lucky Day instead.  And it went down very well, although inevitably some will have been disappointed.   Lots of people were singing MLD on the way out.

  • Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Well, we'll see, eh? :)

Let's hope so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some wild speculation here! I'll join in... 

New record - released Oct/Nov 2020
Arena dates/very short run US/Europe - Nov/Dec 2020
Stadium Tour US/Europe - Summer 2021
Maybe below the equator - early 2022

... which means we'll hear about the new record in Apr/May. 2020 tour dates similar time. Xmas announce 2021 summer stadiums (possibly accomp by BITUSA box). As for the shows themselves? I think they'll be as inspirational as ever... but a little bit different.

  • Bruuuuce! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Old English Town said:

I am reminded of the comments in the autobiography where he talks, from memory, about what a thrill it is to perform in front of tens of thousands of screaming rock'n'roll fans every night - how if you could do it for just one night you'd never forget it, and how to do it over 40+ years is an unimaginable privilege. This doesn't strike me as being something you'd lose interest in doing as long as you and your band are fit and well enough. Plus it pays a king's ransom for doing what comes naturally.

I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here (this is the internet, after all). Reliable sources on BTX were saying that before Christmas discussions about tour bookings had fizzled out and that nothing was happening in terms of live shows in the first half of this year at least. So this casual Stevie remark isn't completely out of the blue. They seem to be still recording, aren't they? If not what was the point of Ron's recent Instagram posts - to stoke up hype for something that isn't happening? There's already enough hype out here - he doesn't need to stoke it.

Great post, and hopefully spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Unless there is a really sensitive underlying reason in which case it’s a fair move?

Well sure, but if that's the case, surely they wouldn't put Steve in the position to talk about that? They would just avoid it from the start, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

crowds gather in sorrow at the news of no 2020 tour

 

nk dec22 p-thumb-615x300-72898.jpg

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Perisic said:

Well sure, but if that's the case, surely they wouldn't put Steve in the position to talk about that? They would just avoid it from the start, no?

Maybe they just didn’t expect Steve to phrase it the way he did. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Perisic said:

Well sure, but if that's the case, surely they wouldn't put Steve in the position to talk about that? They would just avoid it from the start, no?

Stevie says all kinds of things that eventually turn out to not be "perfectly accurate" and he LOVES social media attention.

He said this on Twitter

Quote

We don’t know for sure either way. When Bruce wants to announce something he will. Meanwhile we should all walk our dogs and enjoy life!

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It's top work this from BruceCorp, killing all hype so an album/tour announcement will be met with more excitement. 

Alternatively we all spend our Bruce savings on other artists' gigs.  Not joking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

meanwhile in Italy the Pope had to announce the news to the crowd of Italians who had already started doing roll calls

 

faithful_crowd_st_peter_s_square_at_the_vatican_in_4dbdcfe202.jpg

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Old English Town said:

I am reminded of the comments in the autobiography where he talks, from memory, about what a thrill it is to perform in front of tens of thousands of screaming rock'n'roll fans every night - how if you could do it for just one night you'd never forget it, and how to do it over 40+ years is an unimaginable privilege. This doesn't strike me as being something you'd lose interest in doing as long as you and your band are fit and well enough. Plus it pays a king's ransom for doing what comes naturally.

I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here (this is the internet, after all). Reliable sources on BTX were saying that before Christmas discussions about tour bookings had fizzled out and that nothing was happening in terms of live shows in the first half of this year at least. So this casual Stevie remark isn't completely out of the blue. They seem to be still recording, aren't they? If not what was the point of Ron's recent Instagram posts - to stoke up hype for something that isn't happening? There's already enough hype out here - he doesn't need to stoke it.

Re, Ron.  Months ago he posted pictures of Max and Roy (at Stone Hill Studio?) No info. No releases. Nada.

Assumption was that outtakes for the BUSA box were being fairy dusted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AMIW said:

crowds gather in sorrow at the news of no 2020 tour

 

nk dec22 p-thumb-615x300-72898.jpg

dude....please....restrain yourself

maxresdefault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this