Sign in to follow this  
TruthThatRanUsDown

APP reporting 2020 ESB tour possibly scrapped

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

this thread has taken a turn for the worse 

Corona has infected the thread!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE WHO have "postponed" their entire UK/Ireland tour (which was due to kick off in a week or so) - I was going to the Royal Albert Hall 28/3 (for the Teenage Cancer Trust) and Wembley Arena 8/4 - if that had turned out to be my last WHO gig (one never knows now, with them or you!?) it would have been full circle to the exact same venue, my first WHO gig, in 1975 aged 17...……...and much as I'd like to carry on seeing them do it for as long as possible I'd also be okay with that!...…….would be kinda neat if it ended back in that old iconic building that I have seen so many bands in over the past 45 years but don't seem to find myself in much at all these days!?  

Pete quoted as saying that if one fan caught the virus by attending one of their gigs it would be one too many!

There is going to be a lot of this now in the weeks/months ahead (especially if the government actually ban such gatherings) and an awful lot of rescheduling going on!!!, (and a busy gig schedule overall come the Autumn!?) - and I can't help but think that "whatever" the reasons were - initially - for the proposed Bruce tour not taking place (maybe until later in the year??, maybe not at all in 2020???) - that right now he and his camp must be relieved that they don't have anything in the works and are not part of this rescheduling headache!!!      

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BruceWho said:

THE WHO have "postponed" their entire UK/Ireland tour (which was due to kick off in a week or so) - I was going to the Royal Albert Hall 28/3 (for the Teenage Cancer Trust) and Wembley Arena 8/4 - if that had turned out to be my last WHO gig (one never knows now, with them or you!?) it would have been full circle to the exact same venue, my first WHO gig, in 1975 aged 17...……...and much as I'd like to carry on seeing them do it for as long as possible I'd also be okay with that!...…….would be kinda neat if it ended back in that old iconic building that I have seen so many bands in over the past 45 years but don't seem to find myself in much at all these days!?  

Pete quoted as saying that if one fan caught the virus by attending one of their gigs it would be one too many!

There is going to be a lot of this now in the weeks/months ahead (especially if the government actually ban such gatherings) and an awful lot of rescheduling going on!!!, (and a busy gig schedule overall come the Autumn!?) - and I can't help but think that "whatever" the reasons were - initially - for the proposed Bruce tour not taking place (maybe until later in the year??, maybe not at all in 2020???) - that right now he and his camp must be relieved that they don't have anything in the works and are not part of this rescheduling headache!!!      

Planning for The Who’s return to Cincinnati in April for the first time since the tragedy in 1979. Wonder if it will be postponed too, I think it’s likely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say that when it recently became strongly rumoured and then mentioned by some well in the know Lakers that Bruce's album and tour had been pulled, and there was unlikely to be any tour this year my heart sank. I had been saving up for along time to go an see him play live in New York/New Jersey/Philly and I was really looking forward to doing that this year and visiting Asbury Park in the process. It's been a lifelong ambition of mine to go see Bruce perform in his own country. With the Coronavirus now breaking out all over the world I am now filled with a mixture of relief and gladness that this tour is now clearly very unlikely to be happening in 2020. I still hope and believe that once this darkness is over we will see yet another great new Springsteen album with the band, followed by what will almost certainly be a final world tour....hopefully in 2021. I can then finally get the chance to see my all time hero of music in the USA before he finally calls it a day.

 

  • Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we've since the last of the e street band now. Most likely we've seen the last of all live music.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TupacThePuma said:

I think we've since the last of the e street band now. Most likely we've seen the last of all live music.

We will be telling our grandchildren what it was like to go to a concert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TupacThePuma said:

I think we've since the last of the e street band now. Most likely we've seen the last of all live music.

I do think it’s very likely we never see Bruce tour again. At least not outside the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Spanish flu killed millions of people - my great uncle included - and yet music/theatre/concerts carried on.

A worse virus … or a vast change in mindsets?

Edit: Not talking about the next few months/year - folk are talking about 'forever'.

  • Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eileen said:

The Spanish flu killed millions of people - my great uncle included - and yet music/theatre/concerts carried on.

A worse virus … or a vast change in mindsets?

Edit: Not talking about the next few months/year - folk are talking about 'forever'.

I definitely agree on the mindset point. If this had happened in 1990 there would have been a hugely different response. For better or worse.

We are where we are as a society though.

Social media has forever changed our exposure to messaging and the worlds events.

Suffocatingly so.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the world was a vastly different place then and the world was a lot bigger. it will be a long time before people will travel on a great a scale as before so the world will change again

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

the world was a vastly different place then and the world was a lot bigger. it will be a long time before people will travel on a great a scale as before so the world will change again

I think it needs to change to be honest. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

I do think it’s very likely we never see Bruce tour again. At least not outside the US.

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far better!

(sorry, could not resist)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

I definitely agree on the mindset point. If this had happened in 1990 there would have been a hugely different response. For better or worse.

We are where we are as a society though.

What do you mean by the mindset in the 2020 vs 1990? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wout said:

What do you mean by the mindset in the 2020 vs 1990? 

 

It was a totally different world. Way less media influence. Certainly a very different type of media influence. I think it was a brasher world back then, more likely to take risks. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

It was a totally different world. Way less media influence. Certainly a very different type of media influence. I think it was a brasher world back then, more likely to take risks. 

So (everything begins with 'so' nowadays, another change) imagine the views of most of us who were born just after WW2, never mind those who lived through it. Concerned? Of course. Think it's the end of civilisation as we know it? No.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Bruce ever plays another concert in Italy, which I think he will be absolutely determined to do one day, it will be an overwhelmingly emotional experience for everyone. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

If Bruce ever plays another concert in Italy, which I think he will be absolutely determined to do one day, it will be an overwhelmingly emotional experience for everyone. 

His next appearance in Italy, with no crowd surfing.  Thinking of that, good he didn't start touring early this year with his habit of shaking hands, kissing girls, crowd surfing and running through the floor with the high fives along the way.

 

nasa.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

If Bruce ever plays another concert in Italy, which I think he will be absolutely determined to do one day, it will be an overwhelmingly emotional experience for everyone. 

Yes. I'm going to be in Milano when this happens. And it will.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silvia said:

Yes. I'm going to be in Milano when this happens. And it will.

Since he likes to do covers maybe he will open the show 19th Nervous Breakdown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 65pacecar said:

His next appearance in Italy, with no crowd surfing.  Thinking of that, good he didn't start touring early this year with his habit of shaking hands, kissing girls, crowd surfing and running through the floor with the high fives along the way.

I was thinking this, and the fact that even in the future when there is a covid-19 vaccine, Bruce won’t know who has been vaccinated and who has not. I wonder if the crowd interaction you mention is now a thing of the past for Bruce, if not everyone else who plays concerts. 

I was also thinking that selfies and autograph signings with Bruce might too be a thing of the past and I’m glad I managed to meet him in London last October, even more so than I appreciated at the time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I was thinking this, and the fact that even in the future when there is a covid-19 vaccine, Bruce won’t know who has been vaccinated and who has not. I wonder if the crowd interaction you mention is now a thing of the past for Bruce, if not everyone else who plays concerts. 

I was also thinking that selfies and autograph signings with Bruce might too be a thing of the past and I’m glad I managed to meet him in London last October, even more so than I appreciated at the time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I was thinking this, and the fact that even in the future when there is a covid-19 vaccine, Bruce won’t know who has been vaccinated and who has not. I wonder if the crowd interaction you mention is now a thing of the past for Bruce, if not everyone else who plays concerts. 

I was also thinking that selfies and autograph signings with Bruce might too be a thing of the past and I’m glad I managed to meet him in London last October, even more so than I appreciated at the time. 

In the future Bruce will most probably been vaccinated himself or immune through an infection. He can't hide in some bunker until it's time for him to tour. I doubt this will change anything in regard to his interaction with his fans. He's not getting younger. I haven't been expecting him to do any crowd-surfing in the future anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this