Sign in to follow this  
TruthThatRanUsDown

APP reporting 2020 ESB tour possibly scrapped

2 hours ago, NoSurrender81 said:

I wouldn't panic just yet. It could be a reshuffle of products and priority. 

hopefully not like the Cabinet reshuffle:(

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Alternatively we all spend our Bruce savings on other artists' gigs.  Not joking.

Cool stuff. Go for it I say. Support lesser known up/coming artists like Sam Fender, Pvris, Bring Me The Horizon etc. instead.  

• Bruuuuce! 1

I'm just happy that it means the Archive Series will be lasting the year for sure. There'll be delays I imagine, but as long as we're getting another 10 shows. 

You've gotta look at the positives in instances like this, y'know?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

Im thinking maybe a "big" product in spring...then the new album end of next year, with tour in 2021 Kinda like with High Hopes and River tours all announced before year end then tour the next year, within matter of weeks. This is all just a guess. No "Inside" information. But I dont think people should panic that Bruce or anyone is done. Just think there might be other things they are getting out first while still working on completing the new album. 

43 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

The people voted for Boris Johnson to lead the country and they ended up with Dominic Cummings.

No blood on my hands, I must add.

:lol:

9 hours ago, Perisic said:

Dave Marsh saying 'move on' is exactly why he shouldn't be a host. 'Move on', really?

What's the difference between him and obsessed diehards who tell people they're negative on here if they simply don't like a song or album?  

Same kinda mindset, host of a show or not.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Alternatively we all spend our Bruce savings on other artists' gigs.  Not joking.

Except I don't have any Bruce savings in the first place.  Wouldn't stop me from going but life is unaffordable at the moment.

Local bands who are good and who charge 20 bones for a show are sounding good right 'bout now. 

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Re, Ron.  Months ago he posted pictures of Max and Roy (at Stone Hill Studio?) No info. No releases. Nada.

Assumption was that outtakes for the BUSA box were being fairy dusted.

Ron's instigram posts piss me the hell off

He's like that guy at work that makes out he has the boss's ear ( or do i mean the boss has his ear :lol:)

And he tells you just enough to worry the shit out of you over a  situation the boss probably isnt even concerned about 

And of course the work mate can't break confidence and tell you more 

In reality they know jack shit and its all one upmamship

I dont think Steve does this

He just lets his mouth run way ahead of his brain - but not in a malicious way with no alterior motive

• Like 4

After all the speculation of an ESB tour following broadway and a UK newspaper article reporting a 2019 tour didn’t Bruce himself make a statement confirming there would be no tour in 2019 in order to dispel the rumours? 
I think either Bruce himself or someone from JLM should do the same this time fairly soon to clear things up with so much interest circulating amongst fans as to the reason. 

Found the statement in the rolling stone article: 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bruce-springsteen-2019-tour-rumor-763316/amp/

• Like 2

At the end of LOD, I felt a slightly nervous panic that this, indeed, might be the last time I ever hear him perform Thunder Road live. Don't know why I felt that way at the time, and it's probably unlikely to be true for many a reason, but there's a tiredness there whether we (or he) will ever admit it. 

When I started going to LOD, Bruce was pulling out the likes of Save My Love, Hearts of Stone, and Frankie Fell in love. This year, they fell back on the usuals, which were great don't get me wrong, but the rust was evident in the vocals and overall comfortability. He will need some conditioning to get back to arena form. 

That being said, I believe he can get back into it. But if he does tour with the band over the next few years, I have to imagine that's going to be it for E Street. Maybe some stripped down solo stuff. Bruce is smart enough to realize that if the product stops working like it used to, it's time to move on.

17 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Ron's instigram posts piss me the hell off

He's like that guy at work that makes out he has the boss's ear ( or do i mean the boss has his ear :lol:)

And he tells you just enough to worry the shit out of you over a  situation the boss probably isnt even concerned about 

And of course the work mate can't break confidence and tell you more 

In reality they know jack shit and its all one upmamship

I dont think Steve does this

He just lets his mouth run way ahead of his brain - but not in a malicious way with no alterior motive

Ron Aniello has a free pass from me based on Wrecking Ball and Western Stars alone.

I may not like most of the songs on High Hopes but the sound and production on that is glorious too. 

• Like 2

Just now, LoverInTheCold said:

At the end of LOD, I felt a slightly nervous panic that this, indeed, might be the last time I ever hear him perform Thunder Road live. Don't know why I felt that way at the time, and it's probably unlikely to be true for many a reason, but there's a tiredness there whether we (or he) will ever admit it. 

When I started going to LOD, Bruce was pulling out the likes of Save My Love, Hearts of Stone, and Frankie Fell in love. This year, they fell back on the usuals, which were great don't get me wrong, but the rust was evident in the vocals and overall comfortability. He will need some conditioning to get back to arena form. 

That being said, I believe he can get back into it. But if he does tour with the band over the next few years, I have to imagine that's going to be it for E Street. Maybe some stripped down solo stuff. Bruce is smart enough to realize that if the product stops working like it used to, it's time to move on.

I’ve said it loads. He’s aged so quickly I just can’t see him handling a global stadium tour.

He is 70.

His level of popularity and fame, testament to the quality of works he still produces, makes it hard to scale down though.

29 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I think either Bruce himself or someone from JLM should do the same this time fairly soon to clear things up with so much interest circulating amongst fans as to the reason. 

Especially as, on this occasion, it was Bruce himself who started the tour rumours in the first place.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I’ve said it loads. He’s aged so quickly I just can’t see him handling a global stadium tour.

He is 70.

His level of popularity and fame, testament to the quality of works he still produces, makes it hard to scale down though.

There's lots of variables, I guess. How many times have the guy's knees been replaced? You can't be Bruce Springsteen and do things the way Bruce Springsteen does things for 50 years and not have it take a toll. I don't care how good he looks on the beach. And yes, he's probably still in better shape than my sorry self in my late thirties, but that's irrelevant. I can't even think of another artist that has done 3+ hour shows with his kind of intensity over five decades. It's unheard of. The first time I really noticed the toll it has taken on him though, was when he did Tenth Avenue with Billy Joel at MSG a few years back. He was moving so slowly and meticulously. At first I thought he had just had a sore back or something, but it was worrying. It felt really off for Bruce. 

But then again, there are things he can do to combat father time. If he needs to rearrange things, strip them down, etc., more power to him. He's earned it!

• Like 1

Devil's Advocate: Has anybody considered that it's Stevie that can't go this time around?

The guy did just cancel a huge chunk of his last tour. Maybe Stevie doesn't feel like he can hold up to an arena tour anymore? Or maybe Bruce has decided to tour with a different band structure? 

'92 band? ... Tom Morello replacing Stevie? ... a reunion with Davey Sancious, Boom Carter, Garry, and Suki Lahav? Anything's possible with Bruce. 

If there is no tour this year it will be a big personal disappointment for me. I have been saving up for a long time to go and see Bruce in the States something I have wanted to do since I was 17 and first became a fan. For once I actually have the money to do it. I had really set my heart on this happening this year but if there is now no tour it's a real sickener. i don't know whether to just to plan a big holiday this year instead, or hold out indefinately for an album and a tour to be announced. I hope he issues a statement soon to clarify things.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

Devil's Advocate: Has anybody considered that it's Stevie that can't go this time around?

The guy did just cancel a huge chunk of his last tour. Maybe Stevie doesn't feel like he can hold up to an arena tour anymore? Or maybe Bruce has decided to tour with a different band structure? 

'92 band? ... Tom Morello replacing Stevie? ... a reunion with Davey Sancious, Boom Carter, Garry, and Suki Lahav? Anything's possible with Bruce. 

Very interesting perspective! Maybe it’s a BITUSA tour and once again without Stevie. But I doubt it. 

14 hours ago, MacBruce said:

If there is no tour this year it will be a big personal disappointment for me. I have been saving up for a long time to go and see Bruce in the States something I have wanted to do since I was 17 and first became a fan. For once I actually have the money to do it. I had really set my heart on this happening this year but if there is now no tour it's a real sickener. i don't know whether to just to plan a big holiday this year instead, or hold out indefinately for an album and a tour to be announced. I hope he issues a statement soon to clarify things.

dont worry about next year, live your life for the present, tomorrow dosent always come

• Like 7

15 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

Based on the DoS shows I’ve seen since their return, I’d be surprised if Steve isn’t up to it physically. Kinda wish he’d shown the same enthusiasm for ESB shows over recent years.

35 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

dont worry about next year, live your life for the present, tomorrow dosent always come

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Ron Aniello has a free pass from me based on Wrecking Ball and Western Stars alone.

I may not like most of the songs on High Hopes but the sound and production on that is glorious too. 

Really? I think his over-reliance on Pro-Tools percussion very nearly kills Wrecking Ball & High Hopes. He admits himself (in the recent Brian Hiatt book) that he nearly killed American Skin & LOHAD with his tinkering... Western Stars sounds like it's from a different planet to those two and I have to think Bruce took more control. Though the book stops with him for the others, too.
I think The Boss is ready for a Rick Rubin record... 

Just now, alanio said:

Really? I think his over-reliance on Pro-Tools percussion very nearly kills Wrecking Ball & High Hopes. He admits himself (in the recent Brian Hiatt book) that he nearly killed American Skin & LOHAD with his tinkering... Western Stars sounds like it's from a different planet to those two and I have to think Bruce took more control. Though the book stops with him for the others, too.
I think The Boss is ready for a Rick Rubin record... 

Yeah. Loved the sound of all those records. Just so different.

1 hour ago, alanio said:

He admits himself (in the recent Brian Hiatt book) that he nearly killed American Skin & LOHAD with his tinkering... 

Well I disagree with Ronnie boy.  Especially American Skin.  Don't hear that at all. 

18 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

Bollocks to that line up.

Give me Bruce, and drums, bass, guitar, playing some loud, angry punk rock.  Kick out the jams, so to speak. 

• Bruuuuce! 1