Sign in to follow this  
TruthThatRanUsDown

APP reporting 2020 ESB tour possibly scrapped

2 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Well I disagree with Ronnie boy.  Especially American Skin.  Don't hear that at all. 

2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Concur completely 

I think maybe what he meant to say, is Bruce and or Jon pulled the ruins in in time to save both songs. 

On 2/13/2020 at 12:36 AM, JustDan said:

Like I said on the other thread this discussion is taking place, maybe he just doesn't want to do the E-Street thing anymore....or at least, at this time. 

Except that he specifically said he wrote an album’s worth of songs with the E Street Band in mind.   

Only he knows for sure of course.  But I’m thinking he wouldn’t have said that if he didn’t mean it.  

• Like 5

Maybe Bruce has got into an other fight with depression.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I dunno, Bruce isn't actually very fast when it comes to releasing albums (with a few exceptions, and only once with an ESB album, in 1973), so expecting him to whip out an album in a matter of months and then touring it? I know I didn't. 

The album will come when it comes, and so will a tour.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

I dunno, Bruce isn't actually very fast when it comes to releasing albums (with a few exceptions, and only once with an ESB album, in 1973), so expecting him to whip out an album in a matter of months and then touring it? I know I didn't. 

The album will come when it comes, and so will a tour.

On the other hand Magic, the Magic Tour, WOAD, and WOAD Tour all came in very quick succession.  The tours following the albums within months (or in the case of Magic, like the next week).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

On the other hand Magic, the Magic Tour, WOAD, and WOAD Tour all came in very quick succession.  The tours following the albums within months (or in the case of Magic, like the next week).

True, I forgot those. I guess what I was aiming at was that until there's an officail announcement, we can't be sure of anything.  

• Like 4

I really did wish Bruce would have come out and said something about if or not they were touring. As I tried to hold off Moma as long as possible. But we finalized a few trips just last night. 

1. July 4- 8 visiting Moma family on Long Island, nearest venue if something happens MSG, Giants Stadium or whatever the arena is called now in Meadowlands

2. October 3-10 week at friends house on the Redneck Riviera nearest venue Atlanta or Tampa 

3. April 2021 - going to see @SteveJhb, nearest venue Joberg or Cape Town 

• Like 7

On 2/14/2020 at 8:57 AM, 65pacecar said:

Never heard this song before. It's really really good! Thanks for the new band I have to look up now

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Outlaw Darin said:

Never heard this song before. It's really really good! Thanks for the new band I have to look up now

One of my all time most favorite songs from my youth!!! :wub:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I really did wish Bruce would have come out and said something about if or not they were touring. As I tried to hold off Moma as long as possible. But we finalized a few trips just last night. 

1. July 4- 8 visiting Moma family on Long Island, nearest venue if something happens MSG, Giants Stadium or whatever the arena is called now in Meadowlands

2. October 3-10 week at friends house on the Redneck Riviera nearest venue Atlanta or Tampa 

3. April 2021 - going to see @SteveJhb, nearest venue Joberg or Cape Town 

You are going to love RSA

Be thankfully you earn your crust in green backs

You will come away with a new appreciation for wine after visiting the Cape province 

The African animals are great too - but dont go in the heat of summer if you really want to see the big five - lion leopard rhino buffalos and elephant

I saw a lot of impala (cute bambi )

The food is awsome - lots of meat

Biltong is much different to beef jerky although similar kind of 

You must take Momma up table mountain and have a picnic watching the sunset 

Hmmmm they play cricket (and rugby) very passionately in SA - best keep your loyalty to the Black Caps/All Blacks on the quiet ;)

But honest it if you get the chance to see a game of rugby i throughly recomend it 

And don't you dear not add NZ to your bucket list ...and no just tagging us on the end of an Aussie trip either 

2 hours ago, Outlaw Darin said:

They have a ton of great music. Check out their greatest hits.  One of my favorite bands froM the 60s. 

• Like 3

Now the dust has settled on the SVZ tour comments I hope they can crack on with finalising the album (without Ron’s teasers) and making tour plans for Australia at the end of the year. I still reckon that’s the plan. 

• Like 1

I'm sticking with tour kicking off in the States in arenas in the fall (will gladly take a barnstorming run round Europe aka 2007 but not holding my breath on that - wishful thinking) - no, I think kick off with a couple of months in States (maybe just 6 weeks) - break for Xmas - "Down Under" in Jan/Feb - Europe (predominately stadiums unfortunately) in late Spring/Summer 2021 - month holidaying in Italy / Europe mid-July to mid-Aug and then late Aug/Sept some outdoor shows in States to wrap up the tour...…...almost a year after it had begun...…….that's my hunch! 

• Like 1

The same as everybody else, "I know nothing"

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Also Nassau Coliseum; and as long as we’re talkin’ Jersey... Prudential :) 

(PS I still call it Giants in my heart, but it’s called MetLife where Giants (and Jets) play their games...) 

13 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

April 2021 - going to see @SteveJhb, nearest venue Joberg or Cape Town 

Wow!!!!  So excited for you guys!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BruceWho said:

I'm sticking with tour kicking off in the States in arenas in the fall

Sounds good to me :D

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 1:23 PM, TheBoss said:

Time is running out for Bruce. He's getting older and older.

Oh, for God's sake, stop talking about 70 as if you're at death's door. I can assure you that you don't suddenly collapse and become a wreck.

Bruce looks fit and is full of plans. He said so.

All this conjecturing doesn't do a blind bit of good.

PATIENCE!

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 2

14 hours ago, Outlaw Darin said:

A few suggestions to check out from the Grass Roots while we wait for new Bruce Music:

"Where were you when I needed You"

"Midnight Confession"

"The River Is Wide"

"I'd Wait a Million Years"

"Heaven Knows"

"Sooner or Later"

"Two Divided by Love"

"Temptation Eyes"

They have a lot more good stuff out there too, but those are all worth a spin.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2

1 hour ago, berlintramp said:

Oh, for God's sake, stop talking about 70 as if you're at death's door. I can assure you that you don't suddenly collapse and become a wreck.

PATIENCE!

Correct. That is exactly what he said on E street radio. That he has alot of projects into the future, and one of the reasons he didnt tour in 2019 is because he was busy working on them. Im thinking something is coming this spring and new album end of the year with a new tour in 2021

1 hour ago, berlintramp said:

PATIENCE!

Mike Love and the Beach Boys were at the Palace Theater in Louisville a couple of week ago and back in Richmond tonight.  78 years old, sounds great and played a 39 song set with tons of energy and crowd interaction.  Granted, his music is as hard to sing as Bruce's but they are still great in concert.  Also saw the Who at the Hollywood Bowl last October, Roger and Pete both sounded great and brought tons of energy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 65pacecar said:

Also saw the Who at the Hollywood Bowl last October, Roger and Pete both sounded great and brought tons of energy

Yeah - as someone who has seen them over 70 times in concert since my first (aged 17) in 1975 (Bruce is the only artist I've seen more times - 114) I'm allowed to say that they "obviously" are not remotely like they used to be in terms of verve and energy (Jeez back in the day it used to border on being violent at times!) - BUT - that is only measuring them against their own previously high set bar...……..and the same will apply to Bruce going forward - BUT - both they (and Bruce when he gets back out there) still kick asses that are 30 / 40 years their junior!, and can give a lesson on how to put on a show!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, berlintramp said:

All this conjecturing doesn't do a blind bit of good

Think (or I hope) everyone knows that! Certainly anyone who has been on this train for any period of time will be fully aware of how pointless / fruitless it is to attempt to second guess Bruce and his camp - it's just a bit of (mindless) fun to break the boredom whilst we all ARE patient! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

Yeah - as someone who has seen them over 70 times in concert since my first (aged 17) in 1975 (Bruce is the only artist I've seen more times - 114) I'm allowed to say that they "obviously" are not remotely like they used to be in terms of verve and energy (Jeez back in the day it used to border on being violent at times!) - BUT - that is only measuring them against their own previously high set bar...……..and the same will apply to Bruce going forward - BUT - both they (and Bruce when he gets back out there) still kick asses that are 30 / 40 years their junior!, and can give a lesson on how to put on a show!  

My parents were at the infamous Cincinnati Who Concert.  The pushing and surge was so bad my dad had to carry my mom in under one arm and grabbed some girl that was separated from her boyfriend and carried her to keep my mom and her from being pushed down. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Growin' Up said:

Is your dad Popeye?

He is a big dude and always in incredible condition.  At the time he was a body builder and working out to compete in some natural (non steroid) bodybuilding contest plus the adrenaline rush of being pushed.  They had no idea what happened until they were headed home and listening to WEBN on the radio reporting it.

• Like 1