Greasy Lake Community

APP reporting 2020 ESB tour possibly scrapped

39 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Absolutely, but big scale doesn't have to be something very physical, Drive All Night or Frankie at Nya Ullevi worked immensely well.

That said, Bruce can't be doing 3-hour-shows with only slow songs - that'd be boring. 

I've had too many great stadium experiences to disregard stadiums altogether, but at the end of the day, if I had to choose between stadium and arena/theatre, I'd choose indoors.

They certainly did. Yeah, I’ve seen some great stadium shows for sure. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

As Springsteen On Broadway proved.

;) 

Yeah... that’s why it was completely sold out (as soon as each block of dates went on sale) for the entire year and change, 5 nights a week run; and why lots of people (myself included) went multiple times.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BITUSA said:

May be in great shape, but, ahem...., at her age, she looks just ridiculously like a pantomime of her young self when she's on stage now. I actually squirm at the very sight of her acting out her youth in the type of garb usually associated with Rhianna or any of the other 20-30 yo female artists who feel they have to have as little on as possible to be relevant. Can't any of them make it without just relying on their talent?

I don't really see or care what she wears, she'll probably always just look like Madonna to me anyway, never conforming to age or whatever else society expects of her.  She'd probably just defy whatever expectations would be placed on her.  My point remains however, no matter how much yoga and pilates and workouts she has had, the body can only take so much before parts tell you they're pissed.  

6 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yeah... that’s why it was completely sold out (as soon as each block of dates went on sale) for the entire year and change, 5 nights a week run; and why lots of people (myself included) went multiple times.  

Doesn't mean it wasn't boring! :P

Just means some people were just fooled several times. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimmy James said:

Doesn't mean it wasn't boring! :P

Just means some people were just fooled several times. :lol:

Well... to each his/her own, but I beg to differ.  Was absolutely mesmerizing.  The storytelling, the range of emotions he was able to elicit from the audience, the power of the songs, the intimacy of the theatre.  

Nope, not the least bit boring.  

I’d have happily and excitedly gone many more times... 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

4 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Well... to each his/her own, but I beg to differ.  Was absolutely mesmerizing.  The storytelling, the range of emotions he was able to elicit from the audience, the power of the songs, the intimacy of the theatre.  

Nope, not the least bit boring.  

I’d have happily and excitedly gone many more times... 

OK, so Springsteen on Broadway on Netflix was just a one off than. Since I didn't go to Broadway. I'll take your word that this was magnificent. Because what I've seen on Netlflix was far from it. There is nervous laughter for a reason!  

• Like 1

Getting back to the OP. While driving around this afternoon, was wondering if Steven's time just opened up, like as someone else had said "he isn't involved no longer". I have no idea how the The ESB works with Bruce Inc. But Steve being the leader of the ESB, may have went into a meeting and Bruce Inc said the band will make this much$$$, and Steven said no the band will make this much $$$$$$. And there is an dispute! 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

OK, so Springsteen on Broadway on Netflix was just a one off than. Since I didn't go to Broadway. I'll take your word that this was magnificent. Because what I've seen on Netlflix was far from it. There is nervous laughter for a reason!  

Are you still banging on 'bout this?  We heard you the first 10 times Jimbo, Broadway for you was a snoozefest.  

Not speaking for rosie but I don't know why you need to take anyone's word for it, if it was boring for you it was boring for you.

Those of us such as she and I who got to experience it more than once found it transformational, I don't think it's our "word" so much as it's simply our view on it.  

While every night was indeed different, and being there was certainly a completely different experience than watching it on Netflix, I did enjoy Netflix very much.  As did everyone I know... those who went, as well as those who didn’t.   

I’ve truly no idea to what ‘nervous laughter’ you are referring.  He has us laughing (not nervously... spontaneously and completely real), crying, etc throughout.  

Maybe you wouldn’t have liked it in person.  Maybe you would’ve loved it.  Who knows? 

But to me, and countless others it was truly magical.  

• Bruuuuce! 1

15 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Not speaking for rosie but I don't know why you need to take anyone's word for it, if it was boring for you it was boring for you

I agree.   Key words highlighted.  

17 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Those of us such as she and I who got to experience it more than once found it transformational, I don't think it's our "word" so much as it's simply out view on it.  

Yup and absolutely. 

31 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Those of us such as she and I who got to experience it more than once found it transformational, I don't think it's our "word" so much as it's simply our view on it

14 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yup and absolutely. 

Maybe I've been looking at this the wrong way. Please describe what was  transformational  about it? And maybe I can see it in a different light. 

It only comes down to taste, why would you need us to explain it to you?  You weren't even there, how could you see what we say in a different light?  

Also, as far as this "nervous laughter" thing, I think you're projecting with that.  You already have a poor view of it, things to you will appear differently than for us.  

Taste is one thing, transformational is another thing. If you can tell me what that is, maybe I could understand better. 

10 years ago, no one could sell me on The Christic Shows, someone had said give it more than a couple listens and you'll change your mind, and I did. Great show and music I listen to a lot. BTW: The My Fathers House on these shows blow away what I've heard of this tune on SOB. 

Along those same notes SOB has no tune version better than any version already out there, except for The Wish and maybe Long Time Comin. Although I believe Live in Dublin has that beat. And maybe that is where my disappoint was. 

• Bruuuuce! 1

Alright....No album...no tour (possibly) this year. I mean whaddya gonna do? Bruce does what he wants to do, when he wants to do it & with whom he wants to do it with. No sense in sitting around sulking about it. There are some great current artists out there releasing new material and hittin' the road this year...For me, I'm pretty damn eggcited to see Jason Isbell in NYC in June, The DBTs next week in DC, The Lumineers in the summer. Even the Rolling Fuckin' Stones'll be around...& they don't use wheelchairs....yet. Amanda Shires & Margo Price are a-comin' this way also.There are other really good artists worth your time. Evolve your musical palates. 

Ok.....Hit me with your best shot...

• Like 3

Taste is one thing, transformational is another thing. If you can tell me what that is, maybe I could understand better. 

10 years ago, no one could sell me on The Christic Shows, someone had said give it more than a couple listens and you'll change your mind, and I did. Great show and music I listen to a lot. BTW: The My Fathers House on these shows blow away what I've heard of this tune on SOB. 

Along those same notes SOB has no tune version better than any version already out there, except for The Wish and maybe Long Time Comin. Although I believe Live in Dublin has that beat. And maybe that is where my disappoint was. 

Transformational for me or for others is a very personal thing, it doesn't matter if you see that or don't.  You can be bored with a project and don't need anyone to explain it to you.  And guess what, you can stay bored with it, matters not one whit.  Glad you had a difference experience with Christic tho.  

Along those same notes SOB has no tune version better than any version already out there, except for The Wish and maybe Long Time Comin. 

Yeah, in your view which is fine and dandy.  For loads of us the experience was way, way more than versions of songs played.  It wasn't a concert Jimbo!

I still think there will be an album and likely tour of sorts this year. 

What was Anielo's  photos all about ? There must be some recording going on in my opinion. 

Until Bruce officially says there is nothing happening in 2020 (which they have always done before) then I am still optimistic we will see something this year on the album and tour front.

• Bruuuuce! 1

14 hours ago, Wout said:

Anyway I have also given in, and spent some concert money on non-Bruce shows...

Going to see this year:

Paul McCartney (YES!!!! FINALLY!!!! This is the one I look forward the most)

Taylor Swift (yeah.....)

Melissa Etheridge

And a bunch of classical concerts :) Beethoven, Chopin, Shostakovich, and the like! 

I'd love to be at those classical concets

What a year for you :)

• Like 2