Sign in to follow this  
Marnix

Seeger sessions EP live in Dublin on Spotify

1 hour ago, PaleGreenEyes said:

Who else is singing on Ghost of Tom Joad?

His cousin, Frank Bruno.  No, not that one, the other one.

• Haha 1

It would have been a lovely thing if they'd put out this PBS set as a vinyl EP with the new Live In Dublin vinyl release.

JLM never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity

• Like 3

Question could also be why was this not a bonus cd with the original release of Live In Dublin?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

This again proves that a SS Band tour focussed on Bruce originals would be freakin awesome 

Agree, and not. I'm of split mind here, because to me, the show at times got more...serious, maybe, than it needed to be. Further On...is a great reimagining, but to me it seems as if Bruce slipped back into serious-Bruce-as-we-kbow-him-mode for this song. And that seemed a bit at odds with much of the rest of the show. Not that How Can A Poor Man or Mrs McGrath or Eyes...weren't "serious", but in a different way.

Haven't seen Live In Dublin for a while, so maybe I'll change my mind. But it seems to me as if the show was brighter and seemed more fun before too many Bruce originals entered the set list.

That said, if Bruce hadn't started redoing his own songs, we'd never have had Blinded, for instance. And that would have been quite a loss.

Yeah, bring on a new SSB tour!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lampi said:

Question could also be why was this not a bonus cd with the original release of Live In Dublin?

It was a charity thing only available if you pledged to PBS

• Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 5:28 PM, Marnix said:

Since today on Spotify the exclusive live EP with live 5 tracks from The Seeger sessions band in Dublin which did not include on the original live album

https://open.spotify.com/album/6Lpyp3DunDoENVFTmVgzff?si=jXYp3GmgQlWzkOHSN1avdA

That My City Of Ruins has been a long time favourite of mine. It's so great. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Agree, and not. I'm of split mind here, because to me, the show at times got more...serious, maybe, than it needed to be. Further On...is a great reimagining, but to me it seems as if Bruce slipped back into serious-Bruce-as-we-kbow-him-mode for this song. And that seemed a bit at odds with much of the rest of the show. Not that How Can A Poor Man or Mrs McGrath or Eyes...weren't "serious", but in a different way.

Haven't seen Live In Dublin for a while, so maybe I'll change my mind. But it seems to me as if the show was brighter and seemed more fun before too many Bruce originals entered the set list.

That said, if Bruce hadn't started redoing his own songs, we'd never have had Blinded, for instance. And that would have been quite a loss.

Yeah, bring on a new SSB tour!

I've made a playlist now of the 15 originals spread across the Live In Dublin initial album and this bonus disc. Its a good mix of both fun and serious to my mind.

I'm not hugely familiar with all the originals Bruce played during this tour. I maybe remember Ramrod and Caddy Ranch were played... these sort of songs would up the original 'fun' song quotient. There's any number of other songs I can imagine being 'SSBified' like Darlington County, Working On The Highway, Ain't Good Enough For You, From Small Things... etc etc.

There are songs from Wrecking Ball that always sounded more like Seeger Sessions material than ESB material in the first place... Shackled And Drawn, Death To My Hometown, We Are Alive. And the Western Stars songs would arguably fit better into this setting than regular E Street.

If Bruce brings the creativity to this that he bought to his own material in 2006, this could really be something else....

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

I've made a playlist now of the 15 originals spread across the Live In Dublin initial album and this bonus disc. Its a good mix of both fun and serious to my mind.

I'm not hugely familiar with all the originals Bruce played during this tour. I maybe remember Ramrod and Caddy Ranch were played... these sort of songs would up the original 'fun' song quotient. There's any number of other songs I can imagine being 'SSBified' like Darlington County, Working On The Highway, Ain't Good Enough For You, From Small Things... etc etc.

There are songs from Wrecking Ball that always sounded more like Seeger Sessions material than ESB material in the first place... Shackled And Drawn, Death To My Hometown, We Are Alive. And the Western Stars songs would arguably fit better into this setting than regular E Street.

If Bruce brings the creativity to this that he bought to his own material in 2006, this could really be something else....

Watched Live in Dublin last night, and I take back what I said about the Bruce originals; Further...was amazing, as were the others: Long Time Comin', Open All Night... I still think that Blinded is the best thing to come out of this tour, but watching LiD last night, I might have to say that Cindy Mizell has to take the top spot...;)

Yeah, I agree with you completely, if Bruce would get this spark of creativity once more, it'd be absolutely fantastic. It's much easier to see Western Stars songs with SSB than ESB, as you say (and not just because of Sleepy Joe's Café, which I'm listening to tight this moment).

It was just so great to see Bruce during O Mary Don't You Weep, prowling the stage, lost in the music but still in control as a bandleader. Reminiscent of him during Clarence's Jungleland solo, really.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2020 at 10:57 PM, Lampi said:

An unpaid intern one paper into a marketing degree would add a noticeable level of expertise seemingly absent from JLM since like forever 

• Haha 2

If this had been a bonus disc with the live album, it would have been a nice thing for us, but a lousy fundraising gift for PBS.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

If this had been a bonus disc with the live album, it would have been a nice thing for us, but a lousy fundraising gift for PBS.

Well, they could have donated a portion from each sale.

That PBS thing did raise money for charity of course, but it commanded stupid prices immediately on Ebay.

1 hour ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Yes, but I did not know it was for charity. Otherwise I would not have posted.

Was the Magic Tour Highlights cd also for charity? (I don't know if Magic Tour Highlights is what it is called, but something like that).

2 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Yes, but I did not know it was for charity. Otherwise I would not have posted.

Was the Magic Tour Highlights cd also for charity? (I don't know if Magic Tour Highlights is what it is called, but something like that).

I believe proceeds for that one went to the Danny fund. As I recall there was only a digital edition?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

I believe proceeds for that one went to the Danny fund.

Yes, the Danny fund.

I seem to remember there was also a -very limited- physical cd single but not completely sure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lampi said:

Yes, but I did not kno it was for charity. Otherwise I would not have posted.

I believe all proceeds of a PBS pledge drive goes directly to the PBS budget. Is that really considered charity?

7 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Yeah, it was a bummer (even if I had actually received it!), especially because it was announced after most fans had already bought the live album and the DVD. Still have no idea what PBS is/was. 
The content was great though, arguably one of best “live singles” ever. Plus it really completed the Dublin set with some highlights of the tour, IMHO.

• Like 1

PBS is our public television, partially funded by government grants, private grants and contributions.

some of the best days of my life. 14 years ago.......oh dear

• Like 2

If I recall correctly, I have a Hard Rock Café compilation charity CD which features Devils and Dust live from Dublin.

It is a fantastic version and shame that it hasn't made it onto this bonus material

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fifer said:

If I recall correctly, I have a Hard Rock Café compilation charity CD which features Devils and Dust live from Dublin.

It is a fantastic version and shame that it hasn't made it onto this bonus material

Is this an official release?

2 hours ago, fanofbruce said:

Is this an official release?

Sorry my mistake it was GOTJ that featured on HRC Serve 2 CD.

I must have picked up the DaD from a bootleg download

Just listened to the fantastic performance of The Ghost Of Tom Joad (and the 4 other songs too).

The charity thing aside, makes you wonder why Love Of The Common People is on Live In Dublin, and these songs-especially Joad-not.

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

Just listened to the fantastic performance of The Ghost Of Tom Joad (and the 4 other songs too).

The charity thing aside, makes you wonder why Love Of The Common People is on Live In Dublin, and these songs-especially Joad-not.

I actually like Love Of The Common People, I wonder why If I Should Fall Behind or Highway Patrolman are in LiD and not any of the songs on the bonus disc. 

On 2/21/2020 at 3:57 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

It’s on Amazon music as well in CD quality 16 bit 44.1 khz if you have the premium service. 

If you want this release as a stand alone download in CD quality, no strings attached at £3.49 for all 5 tracks, check out Qobuz

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/live-in-dublin-bonus-tracks-bruce-springsteen/n62xt4q5dqima