Greasy Lake Community

Film stars referenced in Springsteen's songs?

I pondered whether it was actually worth making this a thread or if I should just ask the question in the Random Thoughts graveyard, but it's Sunday night and I'm bored to death, so let's see how this goes. 

Off the top of my head I can think of Brando, Joan Fontaine and John Wayne. At a push I'm willing to accept Robert Mitchum in the '78 "Racing" into "Thunder Road" monologue, but is there anyone else? I suppose there's Clarence in New York, New York and the like, but maybe try to stay away from E Streeters.

Happy thinking. 

*If there is nobody else, feel free to mention any films you can think of that he might have referenced.*

• Like 1

I guess a good chunk of "The ties that bind" material was strongly influenced by b-movies and cinema in general. Of course, there's "Be True / Mary Lou", but also songs like "Take 'em as they come" or "Roulette" (despite the Three Mile Island connection) sound like b-movie plots.

9 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I pondered whether it was actually worth making this a thread or if I should just ask the question in the Random Thoughts graveyard, but it's Sunday night and I'm bored to death, so let's see how this goes. 

Don’t apologise. I like this sort of stuff.

• Like 2