I am helping a student who is writing a piece on fashion in music and has asked about Bruce because of his blue collar image and the way that he seems to have moved from Levi jeans to designer brands.  Does anyone know the type of jeans Bruce wears, I know there are probably loads but he does seem to wear similar ones in various shades from what what i can see.

thanks

Steve

3 hours ago, Gazza said:

I am helping a student who is writing a piece on fashion in music and has asked about Bruce because of his blue collar image and the way that he seems to have moved from Levi jeans to designer brands.  Does anyone know the type of jeans Bruce wears, I know there are probably loads but he does seem to wear similar ones in various shades from what what i can see.

thanks

Steve

Just a guess,but to me they could be from "Diesel".

I would also guess that the holes and paint stains we see on Bruce’s jeans didn’t come from actual manual labor.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

I would also guess that the holes and paint stains we see on Bruce’s jeans didn’t come from actual manual labor.

1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

Okay, that was pretty funny. All I can say is that from pictures I've seen his jeans don't fit well and are several inches too long and that just emphasises short legs, doesn't make then seem longer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, badlands78 said:

What? He hasn't been working on the highway...?

• Like 1

I'm very interested in Bruce's jeans … or I used to be.

Jeans.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Eileen said:

I'm very interested in Bruce's jeans … or I used to be.

Jeans.jpg

Fair play, we did have a discussion about Patti's bum some time ago.

Fair's fair in these days of equality.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Not entirely on- nor off-topic, but I read this a week ago and have been thinking about it since. An excerpt:

A friend of a friend won a free consultation with Clinton Kelly of What Not To Wear, and she was very excited, because she has a plus-size body, and wanted some tips on how to make the most of her wardrobe in a fashion culture which deliberately puts her body at a disadvantage.

Her first question for him was this: how do celebrities make a plain white t-shirt and a pair of weekend jeans look chic?  She always assumed it was because so many celebrities have, by nature or by design, very slender frames, and because they can afford very expensive clothing.  But when she watched What Not To Wear, she noticed that women of all sizes ended up in cute clothes that really fit their bodies and looked great.  She had tried to apply some guidelines from the show into her own wardrobe, but with only mixed success.  So - what gives?

His answer was that everything you will ever see on a celebrity’s body, including their outfits when they’re out and about and they just get caught by a paparazzo, has been tailored, and the same goes for everything on What Not To Wear.  Jeans, blazers, dresses - everything right down to plain t-shirts and camisoles.  He pointed out that historically, up until the last few generations, the vast majority of people either made their own clothing or had their clothing made by tailors and seamstresses.  You had your clothing made to accommodate the measurements of your individual body, and then you moved the fuck on.  Nothing on the show or in People magazine is off the rack and unaltered.  He said that what they do is ignore the actual size numbers on the tags, find something that fits an individual’s widest place, and then have it completely altered to fit.  That’s how celebrities have jeans that magically fit them all over, and the rest of us chumps can’t ever find a pair that doesn’t gape here or ride up or slouch down or have about four yards of extra fabric here and there.

• Like 3

Bruce: ''Please tell me, what are those idiots on Greasy Lake talking about now?'.

'Bruce, they are talking about your jeans and how cute your ass looked in your jeans in 1985'.

Bruce: '.....'  (silence) ....  '1985...well I ain't that young anymore!' 

'Oh, and also that you should tour again with the Seeger band, but this time in support of an album of your own songs'.

Bruce: 'But I don't think the fans in New Zealand would like that'.

• Haha 5

George at Asda.

There I've said it.

I would not be entirely surprised if at some point the old man part of him won out over the superstar rock god part of him and he just thought, "fuck it, I'm wearing these." 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gazza said:

thanks

Steve

My sister has a degree in fashion design

She never once asked me anything about Bruce's wardrobe :lol:

(My sister hates flannel of any description)

There has much been written about his influence on the white singlet previously underwear becoming outterwear but ive never seen anything written about his jeans

But i certainly agree with what Scott posted above

Ive read a couple of books by Nina Garcia (a judge from project runway but probably famouse in her own right) and she said to have tee shirts taken in to fit at the waste etc ) to be honest i don't know why i have those books :lol:

Anyway best of luck helping your friend

You could take a look at the 'just Bruce' thread for those kinds of pictures plus there is an old thread called 'for the ladies' that'd been archived but you might be able to search for it

1 hour ago, Scott Peterson said:

Not entirely on- nor off-topic, but I read this a week ago and have been thinking about it since. An excerpt:

He said that what they do is ignore the actual size numbers on the tags, find something that fits an individual’s widest place, and then have it completely altered to fit.  That’s how celebrities have jeans that magically fit them all over

milo_nup_183778_0326_0.jpg?itok=uIIG3FI2

Annie Leibovitz shooting Milo Ventimiglia (behind the scene photo).

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

1 hour ago, MagicRatAFC said:

George at Asda.

There I've said it.

I find that they fit very well.

41 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

There has much been written about his influence on the white singlet previously underwear becoming outterwear but ive never seen anything written about his jeans

I think that was a thing long before Bruce:

DVdzSmpU8AAtMUC?format=jpg&name=medium

C5poRiJU4AEtkDa?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, misty rain said:

I did think that as i wrote it:lol:

Still i did honestly read it somewhere ...and now of course i cant find it 

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

My sister has a degree in fashion design

There's a degree for that? Who knew!

1 hour ago, misty rain said:

The Wifebeater will never go away!! 

2 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Deleted a joke

Shucks.:lol:

I love your jokes :lol:

• Like 1

This was a serious question, I know it doesn't matter what jeans he wears but my student is looking at the relationship between fashion and music, the role image plays in music and fandom, how people identify with the artists.  She wants to look at how Bruce has gone from wearing ordinary 501 jeans to designer jeans and wants the brands to research prices etc.  What was interesting was that even before Born in the USA, Bruce was styled by Tommy Hilfiger according to a book by Lynn Goldsmith. 

• Like 1