3 minutes ago, Gazza said:

This was a serious question

We know. :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eileen said:

I'm very interested in Bruce's jeans … or I used to be.

Jeans.jpg

You need to get an early night dear.;)

42 minutes ago, Eileen said:

We know. :)

:D Trust you.  How the devil are you, long time no see.

• Haha 1

I thought at one time he wore Edwin's. So I went and bought a pair. Sure didn't look that good.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Fair play, we did have a discussion about Patti's bum some time ago.

Fair's fair in these days of equality.

Link? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

This was a serious question, I know it doesn't matter what jeans he wears but my student is looking at the relationship between fashion and music, the role image plays in music and fandom, how people identify with the artists.  She wants to look at how Bruce has gone from wearing ordinary 501 jeans to designer jeans and wants the brands to research prices etc.  What was interesting was that even before Born in the USA, Bruce was styled by Tommy Hilfiger according to a book by Lynn Goldsmith. 

Gazza. I posted above that he was wearing Dsquared, with a link to such jeans.

19 hours ago, TheBoss said:

milo_nup_183778_0326_0.jpg?itok=uIIG3FI2

Annie Leibovitz shooting Milo Ventimiglia (behind the scene photo).

I always said Milo would be a good pick for Bruce in a biopic.  I wonder if Annie Leibovitz thinks so too?!

image.png.de66659ad695511271ba0e0d66f6a69a.png

• Love Love Love! 1

6 hours ago, Gazza said:

This was a serious question, I know it doesn't matter what jeans he wears but my student is looking at the relationship between fashion and music, the role image plays in music and fandom, how people identify with the artists.  She wants to look at how Bruce has gone from wearing ordinary 501 jeans to designer jeans and wants the brands to research prices etc.  What was interesting was that even before Born in the USA, Bruce was styled by Tommy Hilfiger according to a book by Lynn Goldsmith. 

I took it as a serious question.  There is a huge and vital relationship between fashion and image, the two are inseperable.  

7 hours ago, Gazza said:

:D Trust you.  How the devil are you, long time no see.

All the better for 'seeing' you. :)

22 hours ago, jmw said:

I find that they fit very well.

Never get a pair long enough.

I need a 36 inside leg.

I have worn garments from the George range and I have found them robust and stylish.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I took it as a serious question.  There is a huge and vital relationship between fashion and image, the two are inseperable.  

Not everyone did though LOL. It is a great basis for the essay how Bruce presents himself as a working man but his jeans are designer.  The idea of the jeans is that they were one of the first fashion items in Rock n Roll and therefore symbolic. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gazza said:

Your friend's proposed research sounds very intetesting 

The book i read was about 100 great moments in fashion - ok i flicked tnrough it in a book shop to get to dancing in the dark

It is true if i had oodles of money i would have an Omega watch like Bruce and what ever his sunglasses are

Alas, meanwhile i just stick to $12 flannelett shirts 

I'd probably eat dirt if Bruce did ! :lol:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Never get a pair long enough.

I need a 36 inside leg.

I have worn garments from the George range and I have found them robust and stylish.

Only 5 2 so no problem for my short legs.:)

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Not everyone did though LOL. 

Weird, nothing about your OP to me implied any sort of joke.  You stated your reason for asking, not sure what anyone else would need.

Deleted. Quoted wrong  PS-post.:(

• Bruuuuce! 1

24 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Weird, nothing about your OP to me implied any sort of joke.  You stated your reason for asking, not sure what anyone else would need.

You don't have to take the the question serious just because the person asking it is serious about it. Ask the journalists to tried to interview the Beatles or Dylan in the 60's!;)

No one has to do anything do they?  Regardless, it's still weird, to me, that anyone wouldnt take the OP seriously as he outlined it in a serious matter.

12 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

No one has to do anything do they?  Regardless, it's still weird, to me, that anyone wouldnt take the OP seriously as he outlined it in a serious matter.

We did take him seriously.

Some saw the funny side to it. It was ever thus.

And, judging by what he said (and having met him and knowing he's got a sense of humour), so did the OP. ;)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I'd probably eat dirt if Bruce did ! :lol:

That reminds me in the 80s my brother and I used to drink Gatorade which wasn't that easy to come by because we had read somewhere that Bruce drank it!!! :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/26/2020 at 12:07 PM, Gazza said:

Not everyone did though LOL.

Maybe it's Eileen you need to remind.  I don't know who her "we" are.  Apparently neither do you, come to think of it.  

On 2/26/2020 at 11:25 AM, BrilliantDisguise said:

I always said Milo would be a good pick for Bruce in a biopic.  I wonder if Annie Leibovitz thinks so too?!

As you know, I always did as well!  From the very first time I saw Milo on GG.

If Annie was smart, she’d agree with us! :D

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 1:52 PM, badlands78 said:

I would also guess that the holes and paint stains we see on Bruce’s jeans didn’t come from actual manual labor.

Not even down in Youngstown ?

• Like 1