Greasy Lake Community

23 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

How about Marc Thompson from the Sessions band? Would love to hear him again.

He is so freakin' good, I'd be shocked if Bruce didn't want to work with him again.  He's so important to this project and sounds insanely good throughout.  

One of my many examples would be Stevie on Talk To Me from The Promise.  Stellar really. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man’s Job & I Wish I Were Blind - Bobby King. 

The best backing vocals on Bruce songs are usually done by Bruce. Or Stevie.

Everytime the Big Man sang backing vocals

Posted Images

My first few are probably strictly more like co-vocals or additional vocals rather than backing vocals and all involve Nils

1. Nils' 'Janey, Don't You Lose Heart' line in the outro of that song (which I know replaced an original SVZ line after he left the band)

2. Nils' "Even if we're just dancing..." line in live versions of DITD from 84/85 and 88

3. Nil's "Walk home" echo line after Bruce sings 'It's gonna be a long walk home' in the chorus of some live versions of that song

Next I call out us (the Bruce audience) for their efforts

1. When you can hear the whole audience join the backing vocals at the end of the waltz version of 'Should I Fall behind' on Live In Dublin.

2. The audience doing the 'woah woahs' after Bruce says 'now you do it' on the acoustic BTR

3. On the original broadcast of Stockholm 88, the audience singing the 'woo' bits in The River outro. A true Brucebumps moment on the original version, sadly mixed right down on the official Archive. You can still sort of hear it, but the spine tingle effect is lost.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

1. When you can hear the whole audience join the backing vocals at the end of the waltz version of 'Should I Fall behind' on Live In Dublin.

2. The audience doing the 'woah woahs' after Bruce says 'now you do it' on the acoustic BTR

3. On the original broadcast of Stockholm 88, the audience singing the 'woo' bits in The River outro. A true Brucebumps moment on the original version, sadly mixed right down on the official Archive. You can still sort of hear it, but the spine tingle effect is lost.

Agree very much with those three, and I'll have to add the audience "woooah woah-woah" during the Tenth intro - not necessarily every time, but when a large audience really sings/shouts this - like at Ullevi, and I guess at San Siro, just to name a few - and it rings throughout a stsadium...that's pretty awesome. The opposite to Bosstralian's 3rd on the list.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

My first few are probably strictly more like co-vocals or additional vocals rather than backing vocals and all involve Nils

1. Nils' 'Janey, Don't You Lose Heart' line in the outro of that song (which I know replaced an original SVZ line after he left the band)

Now that I would be intrigued to hear! Especially as I love Nils on this one too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wolfinthepines said:

Now that I would be intrigued to hear! Especially as I love Nils on this one too.

The original version of Janey Don't You Lose Heart, with Steve on backing vocals, is available on bootlegs and probably you can find it on YouTube somewhere.

I think it was also posted in a topic about Janey...  on this website not that long ago.

3 hours ago, Lampi said:

The original version of Janey Don't You Lose Heart, with Steve on backing vocals, is available on bootlegs and probably you can find it on YouTube somewhere.

I think it was also posted in a topic about Janey...  on this website not that long ago.

Interesting - I will seek it out. Thanks! 

On 2/26/2020 at 9:18 PM, misty rain said:

This x1000, has given me brucebumps ever since the night I heard it live, just typing that did it again :) 

Steve, Patti, don't overlook La Bamba - just a magical moment I'll never ever forget

• Like 3
7 hours ago, JimCT said:

This x1000, has given me brucebumps ever since the night I heard it live, just typing that did it again :) 

Steve, Patti, don't overlook La Bamba - just a magical moment I'll never ever forget

Never heard this before, when was it?

36 minutes ago, jmw said:

Never heard this before, when was it?

8/20/84, closing night of the 10 nights in 16 days at the old Brendan Byrne Barn Arena

pure magic - listen to Steve @ 2:35, "thanks for the 20 years you've given me" - I'm weeping on a public train

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, JimCT said:

8/20/84, closing night of the 10 nights in 16 days at the old Brendan Byrne Barn Arena

pure magic - listen to Steve @ 2:35, "thanks for the 20 years you've given me" - I'm weeping on a public train

It is stunning.

• Love Love Love! 1
6 minutes ago, jmw said:

It is stunning.

That show that night was amazing, which probably explains why it became an archive release. I finally got a cassette copy in early 1988, and I remember playing it for the woman I was involved with then. She'd gone to the 5/18/88 show at MSG with me, 7th row, and she'd already seen my reaction to Backstreets that night. 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
1 hour ago, JimCT said:

That show that night was amazing, which probably explains why it became an archive release. I finally got a cassette copy in early 1988, and I remember playing it for the woman I was involved with then. She'd gone to the 5/18/88 show at MSG with me, 7th row, and she'd already seen my reaction to Backstreets that night. 

Is it nugs release?

There was a video using the Nugs audio up on You Tube soon after the archive release. It wasn't official, but despite the uploader including links to Nugs to purchase the show it has now vanisged, presum pulled by the copyright police. Hence, only the bootlegged source remains on YT.

Makes it doubly frustrating that they didn't include Drift Away in the official covers playlist recently released on Spotify etc etc. Every sentient music listening human on the planet should be able to easily hear this magic in the best available quality...

• Like 2