Sign in to follow this  
JustDan

LiveNation Advising Artists to Cancel Tours

Was just watching CNN. They ran a story that LiveNation, the country's biggest concert & event company (they own Ticketmaster) is now advising artists to cancel concert tours abroad due to concerns over Coronavirus. Green Day has postponed all dates scheduled in the Asian Pacific & may postpone Euro dates because of the outbreak in Italy and recorded cases in France. Other artist are following suit.  Maybe Bruce, Inc. holding off on touring this year is a blessing in disguise...

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pkemk7/artists-are-cancelling-concerts-and-tours-because-of-coronavirus-in-asia-and-italy-bts-stormzy-pixies

• Sad 1

I don't read anything about summer dates in Europe. That would be a bit premature, I'd say. Or has any band ever cancelled dates during flu season?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

I don't read anything about summer dates in Europe. That would be a bit premature, I'd say. Or has any band ever cancelled dates during flu season?

This is more serious than the ordinary flu. I would keep checking whatever artists you're interested in seeing's website for updates. I don't know about Europe, but here in the states, they predict there wont be a vaccine ready for at least a couple more months....& that's just for the testing/clinical trials phase. 

1 minute ago, JustDan said:

This is more serious than the ordinary flu. I would keep checking whatever artists you're interested in seeing's website for updates. I don't know about Europe, but here in the states, they predict there wont be a vaccine ready for at least a couple more months....& that's just for the testing/clinical trials phase. 

Yes, it's more serious, but not that much and hardly serious enough to panic. You wouldn't believe the headlines some newspapers print here in Austria. It's like the world's going to end. I understand cancelling Asian shows scheduled in the near future, but summer tours in Europe? But again, I haven't read or heard anything about that yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The NZ PM had a swipe at the (often foreign) news media for sensationalist news headlines

• Like 2

With this virus:  if you catch it, and you're a healthy adult with a competant immune system, you will be sick for 5-7 days.  Then you will get better.  This type of generalized fucking panic demonstrates nothing more than the lack of science knowledge in the public at large.  Shame on us.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Flea said:

With this virus:  if you catch it, and you're a healthy adult with a competant immune system, you will be sick for 5-7 days. 

...or not have and symptoms at all.

On 2/29/2020 at 6:30 PM, Flea said:

With this virus:  if you catch it, and you're a healthy adult with a competant immune system, you will be sick for 5-7 days.  Then you will get better.  This type of generalized fucking panic demonstrates nothing more than the lack of science knowledge in the public at large.  Shame on us.

This whole virus thing is just a big money grab for a lot of different agencies. With help from the media. Why hasn't the media said anything about the 16,000 dead from the flu this year?  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

This whole virus thing is just a big money grab for a lot of different agencies. With help from the media. Why hasn't the media said anything about the 16,000 dead from the flu this year?  

Listen Jim....I'm going to be as calm and civil as I can be in responding to your post. Let me just say that...before you start talking out your ass  start blaming the media, Hollywood and any other so-called "liberal" establishments, please read the following links that deal with comparing the severity of the common flu to Coronavirus. Now, while I concede the first link I'm using is from that dreaded communist rag the New York Times, I ask that you try to keep an open mind. Many thanks....

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/29/health/coronavirus-flu.html

https://khn.org/news/fact-check-coronavirus-homeland-security-chief-flu-mortality-rate/

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Dan, did you read Dr. Flea's response above? Maybe another Dr's look on this? @badlands78

We might be getting into dangerous territory here where the mods are concerned, so let me end with the fact that Mr. Badland's viewpoint may be skewed by his devout political affiliation, and....even though I'm not as devout about my own political affiliation, I too have biases of my own. So my last word on this is, I will trust what (hopefully non-partisan) medical experts and scientists are telling us. As for "Dr. Flea"....the only Flea I trust plays bass for the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

...just kidding. Let Flea think what he wants.

• Haha 1

Yup - in dangerous territory here.  Please go wash your hands.  Thanks

15 minutes ago, JoanFontaine said:

Yup - in dangerous territory here.  Please go wash your hands.  Thanks

I gotcha, but can we(I) continue in a non political discussion?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustDan said:

We might be getting into dangerous territory here where the mods are concerned, so let me end with the fact that Mr. Badland's viewpoint may be skewed by his devout political affiliation, and....even though I'm not as devout about my own political affiliation, I too have biases of my own. So my last word on this is, I will trust what (hopefully non-partisan) medical experts and scientists are telling us. As for "Dr. Flea"....the only Flea I trust plays bass for the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I have no idea what my doctors political beliefs are. But I believe he/she would look at my condition whatever it maybe and give the best diagnostics for that condition no matter what his/her political beliefs are. And I would follow his/her instruction to get better. What you just said is just the opposite. 

Real medical experts like Flea and Badlands know what they are talking about and most of them are telling us more of the truth, then the money grabbing agencies screaming as loud as they can that we are going to die if they don't get more money. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I have no idea what my doctors political beliefs are. But I believe he/she would look at my condition whatever it maybe and give the best diagnostics for that condition no matter what his/her political beliefs are. And I would follow his/her instruction to get better. What you just said is just the opposite. 

Real medical experts like Flea and Badlands know what they are talking about and most of them are telling us more of the truth, then the money grabbing agencies screaming as loud as they can that we are going to die if they don't get more money. 

Did you bother to read the links that I

Ok.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JustDan said:

Well, you're not going to stop that.  And while I can't hang MD after my name, I do know a bit more than the average person about viruses.  This will not be an Apocalyptic event.  A knowledgable person acting like it may be is disingenuous at best and evil at worst.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

See that's how this thread started.

So wrong thread, there is one of these in each forum it seems.

3 hours ago, Flea said:

This will not be an Apocalyptic event.  

Where did I say I thought this was going to be on the same scale as the asteroid hit that wiped out the dinosaurs? 

3 hours ago, Flea said:

A knowledgable person acting like it may be is disingenuous at best and evil at worst.

Really? Well, I'm certainly glad we have an expert on human nature among us :)

7 hours ago, JustDan said:

Where did I say I thought this was going to be on the same scale as the asteroid hit that wiped out the dinosaurs? 

Really? Well, I'm certainly glad we have an expert on human nature among us :)

Talk to me in 6 months when this is but a memory and people are freaking about the next boogeyman they do not understand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flea said:

Talk to me in 6 months when this is but a memory and people are freaking about the next boogeyman they do not understand.

you're no fun

Just heard on HLN (Headline News) that Bonnaroo may be cancelled this year. Hope you don't have tickets Flea.

14 hours ago, VABOSSFAN said:

09343223-6EDB-437D-9B45-8C800BAAA508.jpeg.00bb9916f981bdd79cd9010e7773d8c4.jpeg

Had a first pint of this last night after I came back from a run. ‘Twas OK in a refreshing fizzy lager sort of a way, to be truthful.