Greasy Lake Community

03/28/88 Detroit, MI - New Nugs release!

03/28/88 Detroit, MI

Tunnel Of Love

Be True

Adam Raised A Cain

Two Faces

All That Heaven Will Allow

Seeds

Roulette

Cover Me

Brilliant Disguise

Spare Parts

War

Born In The USA

Tougher Than The Rest

Ain't Got You

She's The One

You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)

I'm A Coward

I'm On Fire

One Step Up

Part Man, Part Monkey

Walk Like A Man

Dancing In The Dark

Light Of Day

Born To Run

Hungry Heart

Glory Days

Love Me Tender

Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

Detroit Medley

Raise Your Hand

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-music/0,24299/Bruce-Springsteen---The-E-Street-Band-mp3-flac-download-3-28-1988-Joe-Louis-Arena-Detroit-MI.html

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

• badlands78 changed the title to 03/28/88 Detroit, MI - New Nugs release!

Another stunning release and in amazing quality. I loved Tunnel tour back in 88 and it's great to have 4 (so far) fantastic downloads of the tour and yet again Bruce and the Band prove that they're the best gig town. 

10/10 Paulo surely??

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Nice setlist but while I love Adam Raised a Cain I’ve never been a fan of the horny versions from this tour. Ill give this one a listen on E Street then decide on the purchase, but in the end I’m sure I’ll end up buying either now or in a future sale. 

• Like 3

The version of Be True is stunning on the previously released version, and I don't just mean the performance.  The audio mix is fantastic.  It's loud and clean and balanced.  So, I'm curious to see if Altschiller has ruined it, improved it, or just maintained the status quo.  If anyone can let us know.

Thanks.

:)

• Like 2

BTW the official release of Be True  (audio) on various 12" vinyl singels and on cd singles in 1988, is the version from this show.

(Not to be confused with the bootleg video of Be True from Mountain View 2 May 1988)

• Like 4

Am I imagining, or is Patti more dominant here than on the later TOL shows? I'm hearing more of her vocals.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 1651997 said:

This is amazing. I just listened to Walk Like A Man and my eyes got teary during the bridge. What a moment that must have been to watch live. Can't wait to listen to the rest of the show!

That is simple beautiful.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

I haven't checked but going by the date this must have been the tour stop before Uniondale and my first 2 ever Bruce in USA shows - this is certainly the sort of set list we got. I will certainly have to order this - "these" were how the TOL shows were supposed to be, not what it morphed in to in Europe (because it was outdoors!) - first Euro show One Step Up and Walk Like a Man were included - night 2 at Villa Park they were gone never to return!!!, and as the tour went on more and more of the old war horses came out and it was in danger of being BiUSA with horns!!!  These shows HAD to be seen in an indoor arena!  

• Like 2