Greasy Lake Community

TOL Express Tour full shows

Hi guys I love the whole Tunnel Of Love Era and this new archive release is probably the highlight of the whole series for me.

I have countless bootleg CDs and shows but I haven’t really been able to watch a live show from that era. Can you recommend me any of watchable quality? I have had a look on jungleland but it’s a bit sparse.

Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

11 hours ago, driveallnight89 said:

Can you recommend me any of watchable quality?

Copenhagen 25 July 1988 and Basel 14 July 1988.

Copenhagen is the last 4 songs of the first set and the first 4 songs of the second set. Basel is the second encore, starting with Follow That Dream and then to the end of the show. One would assume there is complete video of both shows, but for some unknown reason only these parts of both shows escaped the vault (all a little bit mysterious). In lack of something official (except the video clips for Tougher Than The Rest, Spare Parts and Born To Run acoustic) these are the best videos of the Tunnel Tour available now.

East Berlin 19 July 1988, the two hours (so not everything) which were broadcasted on DDR television. Watchable quality but way too many shots of the crowd, sadly.

Be True from Mountain View 2 May 1988.

Bruce playing with street musician John Magnusson in Copenhagen, 23 July 1988 (3 songs: I'm On Fire, The River and Dancing In The Dark).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

Bruce playing with street musician John Magnusson in Copenhagen, 23 July 1988 (3 songs: I'm On Fire, The River and Dancing In The Dark).

One of my most treasured YouTube finds back in the day. 

Why they won't just tidy this stuff up somewhat and release it on YouTube at this point in time staggers me.

They have these events in Asbury Park where Thom Zimny shows select footage from the fault to the lucky attending few, cruelly teasing the rest of us who have only written eyewitness accounts from attendees to go by. 

New Orleans 2006 was a promising start that appears so far to have led to nothing further. Put it out, Bruce. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, badlands78 said:

If you are looking for more of the early TOL tour, I recommend the 4/17/1988 St. Louis show, which was a very popular one during the DVD era.

Do you know where I can get a copy?

There was a short lived music magazine style programme (Channel 4 I think) here in the UK - pretty sure it was called WIRED and they did a Bruce feature with Asbury Park footage and interviews with Big Danny Gallagher and Margaret Potter (The Upstage) and also had pro shot footage of Tunnel of Love and Boom Boom from Villa Park, Birmingham as the opening of the European tour - I have that somewhere on an old VHS tape! Perhaps that is out there somewhere on YouTube!?

• 1 year later...

New live Tunnel footage turned up. Nearly whole show from Brillant Disguise onwards has been captured

02.04.88 Uniondale, NY, intro to ´Rosalita´
´´Now I´m gonna deal with the questions of the evening….does the hero get the girl ?….does her mama come down and put a stop to it ?….does her daddy come down and wring his neck ?…. does he end up broke, busted and disgusted ?…the answer to these and other mysteries will now be revealed….”

02.04.88 Uniondale, NY, intro to ´Detroit Medley´
´´But that's not the end of the story….they drove out of New Jersey….they drove into New York….they drove right along Long Island….there was a little bar by the side of the road….they stopped in, they got a couple of beers, there was a band on the bandstand and the band leader said ´Is this Detroit ?´ (crowd : ´No´) what the fuck, we´ll do it anyway….”

02.04.88 Uniondale, NY, intro to ´Raise Your Hand´
´´I don´t like to leave ´em standing up, come on, band…..are you ready for some religious liberation ? (cheers) some spiritual affirmation ? (cheers) some sexual consummation ? (cheers) then just raise your hand….”

Compiled by : Johanna Pirttijärvi

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

Don't know about youtube but there are more or less complete videos of all the British shows filmed by the same people. It's a bit like being on a boat in rough water but fir the time and stadiums they aren't that bad and there's a screenshot of the wembley amnesty.

22 hours ago, el sergio said:

New live Tunnel footage turned up. Nearly whole show from Brillant Disguise onwards has been captured

02.04.88 Uniondale, NY, intro to ´Rosalita´
´´Now I´m gonna deal with the questions of the evening….does the hero get the girl ?….does her mama come down and put a stop to it ?….does her daddy come down and wring his neck ?…. does he end up broke, busted and disgusted ?…the answer to these and other mysteries will now be revealed….”

02.04.88 Uniondale, NY, intro to ´Detroit Medley´
´´But that's not the end of the story….they drove out of New Jersey….they drove into New York….they drove right along Long Island….there was a little bar by the side of the road….they stopped in, they got a couple of beers, there was a band on the bandstand and the band leader said ´Is this Detroit ?´ (crowd : ´No´) what the fuck, we´ll do it anyway….”

02.04.88 Uniondale, NY, intro to ´Raise Your Hand´
´´I don´t like to leave ´em standing up, come on, band…..are you ready for some religious liberation ? (cheers) some spiritual affirmation ? (cheers) some sexual consummation ? (cheers) then just raise your hand….”

Compiled by : Johanna Pirttijärvi

One of the last of the classic Detroit Medleys .... Thanks !!!

Had a video of the whole Wembley 88 show . Got it at a record fair in Newcastle. 

Nit sure what happened to it . Got me thinking now .

AlwAys remember it had a strange ending to Born in the Usa ( no abbreviations from me) at end of first set . I think

• 3 weeks later...