Sign in to follow this  
Silvia

Stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive - the Corona virus influenced play list

6 hours ago, TheBoss said:

A set list like that? "This Depression", "Streets of Philadelphia", "Roulette" - do you want people to give in and give up? Cause panic? In my opinion, what people need is inspiration, a call to arms. "No Surrender", "Wrecking Ball", "Badlands" that kind of stuff.

absolutely

im off anything even remotely depressing right now 

oh bugga

how could i forget badlands ! 

4 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Laughter through tears

What happened to you poor folks well it just ain't fair

no way:lol:

i tried once before listening to that when i was sick and it has zero medicinal properties

5 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

All of yours, and I added:

Jackson cage

Atlantic City

Jack of All trades

Racing in the Street '78

Breakaway

The Promise

Land of Hope and Dreams

Queen of the (Empty) Supermarket

Gypsy Biker

Devil's Arcade

My City of Ruins

Downbound Train

The Price You Pay

The Time That Never Was

Darkness on the edge of Town

O Mary Don't You Weep

Good choice, I was thinking of adding TPYP, Gypsy Biker, LOHAD, Jack OAT myself.

What I definitely see as a pattern, TOL or WS songs don't belong on this list.

Born to run, 88 version could also be included.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

Queen of the (Empty) Supermarket

:lol:

On 3/15/2020 at 12:36 PM, Born To Walk said:

FCO now advising against all but essential travel to the USA, although I'm not sure how you would currently get there :(

Capture.JPG

Yeah I’m really trying my best to remain positive but the situation is just getting worse and worse. It’s funny because it’s 3 years ago to the day I first went to America, and I definitely never thought I’d have this to deal with when going back one day. 

I’m so sad :( 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Yeah I’m really trying my best to remain positive but the situation is just getting worse and worse. It’s funny because it’s 3 years ago to the day I first went to America, and I definitely never thought I’d have this to deal with when going back one day. 

I’m so sad :( 

it will be ok Rachel

America isnt going anywhere 

we are all sad together 

just do your best to stay healthy

i remember reading you worked in a chemist shop

please take care

I lost my work yesterday...I am new and cant work from home.

two months? Three? Nobody is hiring.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

This playlist @Silvia will be my sword in these dark times. I will pray for all of us.

• Love Love Love! 3

2 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

Sorry to hear about that. 

Times have certainly gotten tough for everybody. Stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive I are feeling words to head in these times. Godspeed to all my Bruce family.

• Love Love Love! 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

I'm sorry to read this mate. Hoping for the best for you and your family. 

• Like 1

"A song about, faith, hope, love, brotherhood, sisterhood, community, every Western I ever saw, a little tequila mixed in there somewhere, and old friends."

All of those are what we need right now. So look out for the people you know and the people you don't, stick on a classic like The Searchers or Unforgiven, and raise a glass hoping for better days ahead, as far away as they may seem.

"Be good to yourself."

Be good to everyone. 

• Love Love Love! 4

On 3/17/2020 at 8:56 AM, Buddhabone said:

Oh nooooo. :(  

So very, VERY sorry to hear this.  It won’t pay the bills, but sending massive amounts of support and love your way.  xo

• Like 2

For everyone of course, but especially @Buddhabone and @rachelharms.  

May we all meet in the Land of Hope and Dreams... 

Stay safe my Bruce brothers and sisters xoxo 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 4

So grateful for this community... 

• Love Love Love! 1

On 3/17/2020 at 9:08 AM, NoSurrender81 said:

Times have certainly gotten tough for everybody. Stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive I are feeling words to head in these times. Godspeed to all my Bruce family.

I certainly gave you shit on BTX, but I love you man. I love all of you for your words and the feeling I get round here.

We will survive.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 3

Hey there, keep your heads up. I am running a company and production is fading away. Staff asking how we will go on... no idea... In Austria, where I live, we have a good working social system to help workers and companies. No one is gonna starve or lose their flats or houses even if we stop working for ?2? months - at least I hope so.  

I was thinking about good Boss songs to keep faith. There are certainly a lot and many of them were already listed by you. I just want to say thank you all!!!! I am sending links of bruce songs to many of my troubled friends, they appreciate it too. 

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 2

I'm adding Out in the Street to my list. It's frightening when I look outside, and see only empty streets.

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/18/2020 at 1:56 AM, Buddhabone said:

sorry to hear this mate :(

• Like 1

Flight is officially cancelled for April.. there’s still flights to JFK available though so we’ll see what happens. 

Feel so exhausted, sad and anxious :(

Breaks my heart because it’s been so long since I’ve seen my american mom @rosiejaneymary and being in a long distance relationship isn’t helping either. 

Definitely need some Bruce. Music is the light in all the darkness. 

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Sad 1

On July 9, 2014, Bruce Springsteen published on this website a 10-minute mini-movie for "Hunter of Invisible Game", a track originally released on High Hopes (2014) that featured Tom Morello on acoustic guitar and 14 members of the Atlanta Strings on violin, viola, and cello. In the movie, Springsteen is cast as a weathered loner on an undefined journey in a postapocolyptic wasteland, haunted by memories of a woman, her young daughter, a boy, and their small community. If Springsteen's character is meant to represent experience and dislocation, the woman, her daughter, and the boy represent purity, stability, and humanity in a world devoid of all three. At the start of the third verse, the protagonist stands before a burning scrarecrow in the darkness and sings:

We all come up a little short and we go down hard
These days I spend my time skipping through the dark
Through the empires of dust, I chant your name
I am the hunter of invisible game

When the protagonist sings "hunter" the scene shifts from the darkness of the fire to an idyllically lit interior where the mother brushes her daughter's hair. That vision lasts for a moment before the film cuts to the protagonist's face glowing red from the fire. Two night/day (darkness/light) juxtapositions appear between the third verse and the fourth: first, a burning scrarecrow coupled with feet splashing through water, and second, the protagonist standing among fires coupled with a woman peering out through billowing curtains. In just a few seconds, co-directors Thom Zimmy and Springsteen have layered the movie with sounds, images and symbols that signify loss of innocence, regret, dissolution of spirit, questions of faith, and hope for redemption - subject Springsteen has explored throughout his 40-year career. In a interview with Rolling Stone, Springsteen said the protagonist of "Hunter of Invisible Game' is "trying to hold onto... humanity in all of this ruin. That was the idea. That's who this guy is, the guy who is hunting out remnants of what makes the spirit"

Bruce Springsteen and Popular Music: Rhetoric, Social Consciousness, and ... by William I. Wolff

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 3