Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Greasy Lakers, stay strong and beat this virus


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greasy Lakers are the best Tomorrow there'll be sunshine xxx

As the Uk goes into lockdown number 3, I do hope my dear friends here are staying as safe as possible. I've read every post on this thread. The year 2020 has seen my heart smashed into so ma

A quarter of the worlds 7.8 billion people are now in some kind of lock down !   By my calculations that must mean approximately 653 million at home listening to Bruce Springsteen  I hope la

Posted Images

On 9/23/2020 at 10:19 PM, procdoc said:

Hi guys, just letting you all know I have been in hospital for the last three nights with coronavirus. I am going home today. My symptoms was in the form of the worst head pain I’ve ever had. They thought it might be meningitis at first, before I tested positive for Covid. 

I’m on the mend now though! 

Hope someone is taking good care of you at home and your on  the mend

Take care and get well

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 5:19 AM, procdoc said:

Hi guys, just letting you all know I have been in hospital for the last three nights with coronavirus. I am going home today. My symptoms was in the form of the worst head pain I’ve ever had. They thought it might be meningitis at first, before I tested positive for Covid. 

I’m on the mend now though! 

Glad to hear you're doing better and continue to get well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 6:27 AM, MadamMarie said:

Good to hear!  I had a test yesterday.  Headache. Fever on Sunday. Stomach gurgling.  Feeling better and fingers crossed.  

Hello Madam, any news? Test back? Hopefully mild case if any? Let us know. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 3:14 PM, procdoc said:

I am home now convalescing. It’s the worst I’ve ever felt, covid is no joke! Thank you for asking, much appreciated 

Hope you are soon on the mend.

People saying it's just a bad flu are clueless. It affacts all organs. 

And most people saying it's just the flu have never had the actual flu. They have a heavy cold and call it the flu.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Good to hear that those here who have had it at are doing  well.

A bit startling that some are calling it the flu. I only had the flu once. It was not nice but went away after  3 days in bed. It knocked me out and I always laughed at people in work who said they had the flu. If they had the flu they couldn't have  been in work.

This is not the flu. People are knocked out 6 months  later.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who don't pop over to loose ends much? How is every one?

I was watching the news tonight and it doesn't look good in Europe :(

Stay safe and healthy everybody 

Love your old and vaunarable carefully 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we re getting another pissin lockdown in uk.... for Gods sake . Last chance for this government to sort it out !!!! 
lock the borders we’re on an island for Pete’s sake !!!!

simplify and enforce the rules- masks social distancing hand sanitizers bans on large gatherings including protests . 

get the track and trace system going PROPERLY.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Very disappointing that schools are staying open.  It was when the schools reopened that it all started to go wrong. 

Isnt it very close to the start of the school year ?

That's when we had our first lock down

They just rearranged the school holidays and the kids only lost 2 weeks

Don't (and i mean all of them) the powers at be look at what has worked in other places?

This far into the pandemic was no one in the education ministry working on worst case sinareos over the holidays?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Isnt it very close to the start of the school year ?

That's when we had our first lock down

They just rearranged the school holidays and the kids only lost 2 weeks

Don't (and i mean all of them) the powers at be look at what has worked in other places?

This far into the pandemic was no one in the education ministry working on worst case sinareos over the holidays?

 

 

Yes the USA, hasn't figured their shit out.

The districty brother is in, continue s to push back their in-person because 3 days last week more staff/students are testing positive.

I guess parents are also, not testing their children, because schools will get shut down, they just keep them at home and hope they continue to have mild symptoms.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rizla said:

Very disappointing that schools are staying open.  It was when the schools reopened that it all started to go wrong. 

Not sure about this . From what I can gather schools are pretty well organised to deal with outbreaks . In order to keep as many people working as possible then kids have to be in school and we can’t have a generation of kids ill educated . A lot of people believe the schools should never have been shut . 
 

The real cock up was sending thousands of 18-20 year uni students all on heat into halls of residence and freshers week and plied them with alcohol . A disastrous decision . Unis could have done remote learning . 
 

The youth are very unlikely to die from Covid so many don’t give a monkeys and so it’s no surprise that the 18-25 year olds have driven the second wave . 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2020 at 8:40 AM, Thunder Roadie said:

Not sure about this . From what I can gather schools are pretty well organised to deal with outbreaks . In order to keep as many people working as possible then kids have to be in school and we can’t have a generation of kids ill educated . A lot of people believe the schools should never have been shut . 
 

The real cock up was sending thousands of 18-20 year uni students all on heat into halls of residence and freshers week and plied them with alcohol . A disastrous decision . Unis could have done remote learning . 
 

The youth are very unlikely to die from Covid so many don’t give a monkeys and so it’s no surprise that the 18-25 year olds have driven the second wave . 

Yes, I stayed home this semester from uni to keep the debt down on me, and everyone I know that has caught were fine.

The people who aren't fine are the more senior uber drivers in all the large uni towns... https://www.idsnews.com/article/2020/10/students-greek-houses-breaking-quarantine-uber-drivers

Article from the school I am at.. sigh..... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Best wishes to everyone affected in person or with family or friends. This a cruel unpleasant virus. I get upset with the online community who say it's just a bad flu. I only had the flu once, you shiver and sweat and can't  move for three days but then you get better. It's not nice but this affects people differently, attacking the heart, the brain, several organs. And while, like the flu, the elderly  are most at risk it seems to be a bit random in who it picks. 

Don't  get me wrong,  I know  lockdown causes havoc. My son works in the music industry and hasn't worked since March. It's  heartbreaking. Same goes for the musicians here on the Lake. All the sound engineers, lighting people, etc.that make gigs happen that we never notice too much, but the musicians do.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm fine Daisey, thanks for asking. 

Moma got her shot last week, got sicker then hell, go figure! 

Hope she's feeling better now

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...