Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Greasy Lakers, stay strong and beat this virus


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

 

The year 2020 has seen my heart smashed into so many bits. I doubt I will get over it, I know my brother won't.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't know if you've watched the film Last Christmas but LOOK UP because Abbey will be looking down and she'd want you all to care of each other. Darrin and Angela should be so proud of her.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Roy, I have thought of you so often and missed you so much.

I'm sad were not on the same page anymore. But should you ever come anywhere near Berlin, I would welcome you with open arms.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2021 at 8:55 PM, newcastle roy said:

As the Uk goes into lockdown number 3, I do hope my dear friends here are staying as safe as possible.

I've read every post on this thread.

The year 2020 has seen my heart smashed into so many bits. I doubt I will get over it, I know my brother won't.

Bruce's new album has helped me so much, I hope it has helped you too.

I hope all Lakers who have this damn virus recover real soon x

I'm so sad to here many lakers have left the Lake recently and decided to post elsewhere, as they were and always be, my dear and treasured friends.

Damn shame we all could just come back and have a few beers with each other?

I'd even have a drink with the mackem paulo...honestly.

I just can not put into words how much you kind, caring, loving people mean to me xxx

My heart is in bits, i miss my internet friends.

The vaccine is on it's way to the world.

I'm looking forward to seeing this damn thread not a sticky and on page 100

 

Take care xxx

Roy

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Roy.  I think of you and your family often.  It's so nice to hear from you.  (((hugs))) 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

@Lampi i had no idea what's been going on in the Netherlands when you were quoting no surrender lyrics 

Im sad the world is in such a sorry state this hasn't been on the news here untill now 

I thought you guys were always so sensible? There was that public outcry when the King took his family on holiday 

I did see your infection rate is droping so the Lock down is working 

I think your curfew is a good idea - wr should have had one here when we were in Lock down, we heard people driving around at hours too odd to be shift work

I hope tonight all your country is tucked up safe in bed and sanity prevails (and parents wrangle their teenagers) 

https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300215148/covid19-dutch-justice-minister-vows-prosecution-of-lockdown-rioters

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Lampi said:

As there are two sides to every coin: the justice minister was discredited last year because he broke his own corona rules: the guests at his wedding party did not keep enough distance from each other.

Hopefully he didn't have a super spreader at the wedding

Weddings are just a dumb idea right now 

Our health minister though it was ok durring lockdown to hope in his car and drive to go mountain biking when we were being told to only drive the car for groceries or to go to the doctor/ chemist and to only exercise close to home walking distance

After that was exposed he still look his family to the beach

Ii his sign written vehicle

These people are definatly not smarter than you or me

Just hope the voters remember

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Hopefully he didn't have a super spreader at the wedding

Weddings are just a dumb idea right now 

Our health minister though it was ok durring lockdown to hope in his car and drive to go mountain biking when we were being told to only drive the car for groceries or to go to the doctor/ chemist and to only exercise close to home walking distance

After that was exposed he still look his family to the beach

Ii his sign written vehicle

These people are definatly not smarter than you or me

Just hope the voters remember

If he wanted to go mountain biking he could have left his house on a bike.

I love road cycling, there are only a few times I would drive to ride a bike, and if that is less time than driving it is not worth it. RAGBRAI, I have never done, my Dad has, that is totally worth drive, one time he got hurt and I had drive out 6 to get him :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zzcoolness said:

If he wanted to go mountain biking he could have left his house on a bike.

I love road cycling, there are only a few times I would drive to ride a bike, and if that is less time than driving it is not worth it. RAGBRAI, I have never done, my Dad has, that is totally worth drive, one time he got hurt and I had drive out 6 to get him :(

I had to google that

It looks loads of fun, unless you get hurt 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2021 at 1:55 AM, newcastle roy said:

As the Uk goes into lockdown number 3, I do hope my dear friends here are staying as safe as possible.

I've read every post on this thread.

The year 2020 has seen my heart smashed into so many bits. I doubt I will get over it, I know my brother won't.

Bruce's new album has helped me so much, I hope it has helped you too.

I hope all Lakers who have this damn virus recover real soon x

I'm so sad to here many lakers have left the Lake recently and decided to post elsewhere, as they were and always be, my dear and treasured friends.

Damn shame we all could just come back and have a few beers with each other?

I'd even have a drink with the mackem paulo...honestly.

I just can not put into words how much you kind, caring, loving people mean to me xxx

My heart is in bits, i miss my internet friends.

The vaccine is on it's way to the world.

I'm looking forward to seeing this damn thread not a sticky and on page 100

 

Take care xxx

Roy

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I didn't see this when you posted Roy, I hope things have improved a little for you, I think you would be on any list, Lakers would love to have a beer with.

Take care an hugs to all. Gen. x

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I got vaccine #1 today. I came up with a pun that I think you’ll appreciate. Wish I’d thought of it this morning before I got the shot, so I could have posted it on my Facebook and Instagram. But I’ll use it when I go for my second one on April 15. I’m going to say:

Just parked in the lot, waiting for vaccine #2. You can’t start a Pfizer, you can’t start a Pfizer without a park.

  • Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Seeing the apparent success of the vaccine rollout is bittersweet. Like most people, I pray it signals a road out of the darkness we’ve all felt over the last year or so. 

I lost my mum to COVID about 6 weeks ago. Would that have been the case if the vaccine had been about 6 months earlier? I’ll never know. Nor should I really expect it to have been. The speed it’s become available is both incredible and maybe also a bit open to question. 

Here’s hoping it’s the both the route out and the saving grace that’s so desperately needed.

Really sorry to hear that CC. Wishing you and your family all the best. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Seeing the apparent success of the vaccine rollout is bittersweet. Like most people, I pray it signals a road out of the darkness we’ve all felt over the last year or so. 

I lost my mum to COVID about 6 weeks ago. Would that have been the case if the vaccine had been about 6 months earlier? I’ll never know. Nor should I really expect it to have been. The speed it’s become available is both incredible and maybe also a bit open to question. 

Here’s hoping it’s the both the route out and the saving grace that’s so desperately needed.

So sorry .

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Seeing the apparent success of the vaccine rollout is bittersweet. Like most people, I pray it signals a road out of the darkness we’ve all felt over the last year or so. 

I lost my mum to COVID about 6 weeks ago. Would that have been the case if the vaccine had been about 6 months earlier? I’ll never know. Nor should I really expect it to have been. The speed it’s become available is both incredible and maybe also a bit open to question. 

Here’s hoping it’s the both the route out and the saving grace that’s so desperately needed.

So sorry for your loss...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...