Sign in to follow this  
newcastle roy

Greasy Lakers, stay strong and beat this virus

13 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Roy, if you had just told me earlier you could have borrowed my bagpipes for the night.:rolleyes:

I love bagpipes

I have this inner sence i can detect them from miles away and hunt them down yet i have zero sence of direction normally and get lost going to our suburban shops :lol:

• Like 2

Daisey, I do not know if you heard about this or not, but with the call for people to stand at their front doors at 8pm last night and applaud these heroes, in Scotland we were asked to also play Scotland The Brave on the bagpipes at the same time, very emotional it was too.

There is a short video here of pipers in various locations, hope you are able to view it : -

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands/2121610/video-pipers-belt-out-scotland-the-brave-across-the-north-and-north-east-as-thousands-show-appreciation-for-key-workers/

• Love Love Love! 2
  • Hug 2

43 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Daisey, I do not know if you heard about this or not, but with the call for people to stand at their front doors at 8pm last night and applaud these heroes, in Scotland we were asked to also play Scotland The Brave on the bagpipes at the same time, very emotional it was too.

There is a short video here of pipers in various locations, hope you are able to view it : -

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands/2121610/video-pipers-belt-out-scotland-the-brave-across-the-north-and-north-east-as-thousands-show-appreciation-for-key-workers/

That was wonderful :wub:

Im afraid we only get news from London, NYC, Italy and Spain right now :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Roy, if you had just told me earlier you could have borrowed my bagpipes for the night.:rolleyes:

I couldn't have borrowed them. I don't know for sure what Scottish animal you lot squeeze and blow into to make it scream like it does but I think it's a bit cruel ;)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Heart warming! And I love me a bagpipe so much!

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, berlintramp said:

Heart warming! And I love me a bagpipe so much!

Yes, and same here!!!  

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

11 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

I posted several pics of dr o boogie and others on the bagpipes over on the main thread

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 minute ago, Born To Walk said:

Capture.JPG.58a3343a58d3f561924ae0ba13609ba2.jpg

In the contex of this board i only see one objectionable instrument in that picture

.....and its not the saw

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

In the contex of this board i only see one objectionable instrument in that picture

.....and its not the saw

I reckon we must be due a Seeger download next month. Something for you to look forward to ^_^

6 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I reckon we must be due a Seeger download next month. Something for you to look forward to ^_^

Screenshot_20200403-234605.png

• Bruuuuce! 1