JustDan

A Source of Great Company & Comfort

The music of my childhood...

90441871_10221226344270915_2199861886571

90872953_10221226348591023_1315836580581

• Love Love Love! 3

i totally get that Dan

that's why ive been listening to Kenny Rogers

i went to bed last night and hoped i would wake up at home in my bedroom and it would be time to get ready to go to school

mum would have buttered my toast as i was in the shower and my lunch would be ready - 2 bacon sandwhiches, a piece of fruit and a yougart

my dad would be leaving for work

my sister wouldn't get out of bed

my mum always had the radio on

she liked the news, the wheather and music - no chit chat from the DJs of the day

they still used to play music from the 50s and 60s back then along with the modern stuff

the radio in our kitchen stayed on 24 hours a day even if no one was home - my mother would say incase you were the first one home there would still be someone home to welcome you

my mum baked a lot

her radio lived on the bench below the kitchen cuboards and thw radio was always covered in spilt flour

• Like 1

Not sure if you noticed Dan, but there may be an incestuous rapist in one of your collages.

13 hours ago, Flea said:

Not sure if you noticed Dan, but there may be an incestuous rapist in one of your collages.

Not sure who you are referring to Flea, but Steve Van Zandt says a thing I like.... Trust the art, not the artist.

Dan, you would have enjoyed the Ready Steady Go specials which were shown on BBC4 here on Friday. One was about the history of the programme and the other showed highlights from the show. I think my favourite was Otis Redding doing Shake, backed by Eric Burden and Chris Farlowe - wonderful, nostalgic escapism. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Dan, you would have enjoyed the Ready Steady Go specials which were shown on BBC4 here on Friday. One was about the history of the programme and the other showed highlights from the show. I think my favourite was Otis Redding doing Shake, backed by Eric Burden and Chris Farlowe - wonderful, nostalgic escapism. 

Yup...sure would...

17 hours ago, Flea said:

:blink:

54 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Yup...sure would...

I am crap at posting links, but the  Otis Redding special is on YouTube. 

• Thanks 1