It would be unusual for Bruce to not respond to the coronavirus in some fashion (;))  - he has always been generous with time for other emergency or disaster situations. If he wanted to do something to help fans deal with lockdown / isolation, what could he do? A live broadcast, a few songs from the Barn? Or a free concert download? Maybe nothing?? 

Isn't it as well he didn't plan a tour this year, we'd all be sitting on tickets which would never be used, and I know thats a first world problem. 

Hope everyone here is safe and well. 

Basically, I want Bruce to stay healthy, or at least stay alive. We can't lose him to this fucking virus. 

As for making a statement. I'm waiting, I think it's high time he addressed his fans. If he wants to contribute, and do something amazing, I'd recommend a solo concert streaming from the Barn. With a lot of talking.

• Like 4

I hope he will do something. Just a song like Paul Simon did will do, a mini acoustic set from the barn would, of course, be amazing.

• Like 3

I'd settle for live streaming from an empty barn. Maybe just a chair in the middle, and his guitar standing beside... :D

• Like 1

It would be the perfect moment to stream (or release as download) outtakes, alternate versions, or projects that were abandoned through the years. The ‘94 relationships albums, the scrapped D&D live DVD, or (God, I never thought I would ever write it - neither under extreme waterboarding) a High Hopes 2... 

(not that I would buy the that, just to be clear. ;) )

• Like 3

Ben Gibbard (of Death Cab for Cutie and the Postal Service) is one of those artists who's been livestreaming a solo acoustic set every day, taking requests, doing deep cuts and covers, and it's been fantastic. It's surely be great if Bruce could do the same.

• Like 3

i like what Neil Diamond did 

• Like 2

I’d love Bruce to do a live stream but we’d break the internet. 

• Haha 1

I couldn't care less if he doesn't follow the herd to do anything.  Why would he possibly have to say something?

It's not like he's a spokesperson for the world's ills.  

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Perisic said:

I hope he's hiding in some bunker.

The way Jersey has been hit and at his age, me too.  

4 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I couldn't care less if he doesn't follow the herd to do anything.  Why would he possibly have to say something?

Why I think he should? If he doesn't, all his talking about how essential his fans are to him, and how his life story wouldn't be the same without us, can be interpreted as a well thought fake. Connection was the word he used a lot on stage in regards to the fans. I think in hard times, it is normal that you want to somehow stay connected with the people you care for.

If he truly cares about us, he will say or do something. A small gesture, he doesn't have to do a huge project...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I’m with you on this one. It’s not his call. 

• Like 1

I think he will, if he hasn't already, quietly give money to those who need it in his community and beyond. I imagine we won't really hear about it as that's not his style. Unfortunately, in terms of Tracks 2 the additional time at home will no doubt mean he overdubs the whole thing. I think I'm joking :D.

• Like 1

None of these video links seem to be working!?

9 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

None of these video links seem to be working!?

Got it! (had to copy and load in to another browser)- Bruce looking (and sounding) his age in this clip, but as long as he is staying safe / keeping well that is all that matters!

• Like 1

P.S. in terms of the main thread / theme I don't think it would do any harm (could do a whole lot of good - for a LOT of people) if his people were to put up "something" - be it a concert or some of that "unseen" footage or whatever, for all those that are self isolating (even in his home state!) - and perhaps with the suggestion to make a donation to that fund now!?………...he could record a short intro / message (now) and the rest could just be something that is in the vaults!?………..there seems to be SO much "stuff", why should we have to wait until after Bruce has gone (when many of us will be as well?) for this stuff to see the light of day!?………..this seems like the sort of time to let some of it actually help folks through hard times!? Why not!? - not saying he "has" to but just asking the question "why not?".  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolfinthepines said:

This just in...

If it weren’t bad taste to joke about it, I’d say, ‘Shut up and play!’ :o;)

Great message, BTW! Well done N.J. Artists!

• Haha 1

I just saw a video of him talking on Instagram. It seemed to only be half of the video though

1 minute ago, The_Magic Rat said:

I just saw a video of him talking on Instagram. It seemed to only be half of the video though

I posted the whole thing (from twitter) in the Instagram thread.  

It’s part of a PSA for a NJ fund.  He makes a few appearances w/other NJ peeps... 

One footballer (soccer player lol) in England has given £1million to help, another has put his big hotel in Manchester for use by medical staff. 

I presume Bruce is doing stuff like that behind the scenes. It's not actually about new music for us! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorthSideJimmy said:

I presume Bruce is doing stuff like that behind the scenes.

That’s my guess as well.