Greasy Lake Community

IF Bruce were to do an Instagram live stream...

... what five songs would you want him to play?

I saw this sort of game doing the rounds on Twitter yesterday and thought we might as well get in on it. Think of it like you're predicting on an SLV thread (I of course am not permitted to do SLVs on here, so if this shit actually happens a new thread will be made by a member on the committee with such authority).

Anyway, let's have some fun. I'll start us off by setting the scene and listing five songs. 

It's 3am GMT, Bruce and Patti have decided they might as well head over to The Barn with guitars in hand, Patti's rested her phone on an empty bottle of Bellabrusco, they're standing two meters apart. And...

1. "Working on the Highway"
  2. "Livin' in the Future"
  3. "Rocky Ground"
  4. "Cadillac Ranch"
  5. "NeverEnding Story"

What would you like to see potentially played?

• Like 1

First of all I'd want Bruce to say: "Fuck that cell phone nonsense, Pat! Let's get a proper camera and some microphones here!"

1. "Here's one for the people working  in the front line!" The Rising

2. "Ok, let's keep our boots on!" Streets of Philadelphia

3. No Surrender

4. This Hard Land

5. Further On Up The Road

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

First of all I'd want Bruce to say: "Fuck that cell phone nonsense, Pat! Let's get a proper camera and some microphones here!"

1. "Here's one to the people working  in the front line!" The Rising

2. "Ok, let's keep our boots on!" Streets of Philadelphia

3. No Surrender

4. This Hard Land

5. Further On Up The Road

i was just thinking about the rising

but i would love Queen of the supermarket - 

im really hoping when this is all over supermarket work will be a lot more respected because those people are risking their health right now, not being able to stay home, so we can indulge in hoarding loo roll and dried pasta 

they must go home to their families absolutely exhausted and their families must be so worried

7 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Solo live stream... 

1) LOHAD 

2) The Wish (on piano please) 

3) Western Stars 

4) BTR (agree with you DJ!!)

5) Further on Up the Road 

I think this is my favourite choice so far...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, red headed woman said:

I would be happy just to sit and look at him for abit!! He doesn't even need to sing just tell a couple of bad jokes and chuckle!! :wub:

Sounds good to me!  

But you know...as long as he’s there... :D

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, jmw said:

Just checked instagram and he has posted, sitting with a guitar but just talking, maybe someone could post it.

Springsteenourboss

See I asked him to just sit there and he did!! He is listening people :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Queen of the supermarket (2020 version with social distancing paragraph).

Badlands (2020 version with the "spit in the face" lyrics redone)

Beautiful reward ( 2020 version with reward replaced by vaccine)

My hometown (2020 version with Pitbul singing "In lockdown" in his weird voice after Bruce sings the lyrics "my hometown")

Dancing in the dark (2020 version with "you can't start a fire without a spark" replaced with "you can't stop the virus without a vaccine".

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

Five brand new songs, please.  We've had years of retro stuff, looking back, and resurrecting older sessions.

Lots of musicians are stepping up to the plate while our hero is conspicuously quiet.  This is the time for NEW, nay, BRAND NEW music.

Over to you, Boss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Five brand new songs, please.  We've had years of retro stuff, looking back, and resurrecting older sessions.

Lots of musicians are stepping up to the plate while our hero is conspicuously quiet.  This is the time for NEW, nay, BRAND NEW music.

Over to you, Boss.

I'm not sure if he's writing music anymore. His comments about new music sound unpromising to me of lately.

I'd love to know which was the actual last song he has written, and when that happened. 

31 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I'm not sure if he's writing music anymore. His comments about new music sound unpromising to me of lately.

I'd love to know which was the actual last song he has written, and when that happened. 

You've said what I've been wanting to say, Silv.