Greasy Lake Community

Jesse Mallin - The fine art of self distancing

Aye decent way to spend a lockdown Saturday.

Covers show next week, I'm sure Hungry Heart will be in there.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Aye decent way to spend a lockdown Saturday.

Covers show next week, I'm sure Hungry Heart will be in there.

Incident on 57th Street will be on my wish list 

Anecdotally, The Clash will feature.....Death or Glory, Stay Free, Rudy Can't Fail........

Dylan's You ain't going nowhere is another standard.

He did The Replacements Bastards of Young on the Glitter in the Gutter record, so that'd be good.

The Pogues Thousands are Sailing got covered earlier this year someplace, highpoint of the week just now.

I knew their paths had crossed a goodly few times.

After one of the Tut's Gig's few years back I went for a post gig pint with Indofunk Satish, who was playing trumpet with Jesse on that tour.

He was telling me tales of playing with Bruce at the Pony during Light of Day.

Then some very attractive young ladies joined us and the middle aged fanboy was less interesting to talk to...........:(

Nah, only messing........he was still a dead nice guy, though he did leave with one of said very attractive young ladies.

Oooh, High Flying Bird.........

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

It only appears to be available live, two and a half hours last night.

Scrub that, last night's does appear to still be up.

Another good show......but, as much as I adore Jesse, I could've lived without "Bob Strauss" at the end.

I think there's an element of stir crazy kicking in.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late to the party, but watched this last night, very good, could even be persuaded to go see him live methinks, lasted longer than I expected, the jury is out on all the name dropping though, made it interesting right enough but could become tedious if included so much every show.

3 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

A bit late to the party, but watched this last night, very good, could even be persuaded to go see him live methinks, lasted longer than I expected, the jury is out on all the name dropping though, made it interesting right enough but could become tedious if included so much every show.

Nah, he doesn't do that live. I don't think he sees it as name dropping, they're mainly people who are genuinely friends.

The Bruce intro to Broken Radio I've never heard him tell live.

He was a bit manic last night, e.g stopping "Shining Down" cos the guitar wouldn't tune to his satisfaction, which I guess is understandable this far into lockdown.

And I can live without Bob Strauss..........

I liked that he recommended and showed various books,lp`s and cd`s etc. a nice touch, the name dropping was not too annoying last night in fact it was mostly more interesting because of it, but as I said it is something I could quickly tire of, will try to catch the show next weedend though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well now, Lucinda as well, I will probably be there also. My guess ? They will duet on Man Without A Soul.

"Blind faith in your leaders or in anything will get you killed." - Bruce Springsteen (1985)

"Stay Home"     "Protect The NHS"     "Save Lives"

On 5/21/2020 at 9:19 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

Well now, Lucinda as well, I will probably be there also. My guess ? They will duet on Man Without A Soul.

"Blind faith in your leaders or in anything will get you killed." - Bruce Springsteen (1985)

"Stay Home"     "Protect The NHS"     "Save Lives"

On the email I got it said something like "in conversation with L W" but I'm sure they'll manage one duet.

Jesse, your memory is going.

The Ronnie duet was Radio City not Carnegie.

Unless there were two?