Surprise Annoucement Friday @10 EST


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Frank said:

She means that in her household there are no Coronavirus-related problems so far. No need to make her look like a “non-mammal” because she didn’t express her maternal worries via satellite radio.

So you talked to her to find out what she meant, or she did another interview to explain what she meant?  Or is that just your guess?

If it is just your guess I don't see how you can know you are more correct than JoanFontaine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Subscribe and get free toilet roll ? 

Well past experience told me not to be TOO optimistic but I can't deny that this (with all that is going on) is more than disappointing (it feels kinda embarrassing in a way!)………...why bother...……..se

She means that in her household there are no big Coronavirus-related problems so far. No need to make her look like a “non-mammal” because she didn’t express her maternal worries via satellite radio.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Could be any of the above (possibly excluding the free toilet roll), or something totally different.

The anticipation adds a bit of excitement to the day.

Time to break out the hob nobs.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, burghfan said:

So you talked to her to find out what she meant, or she did another interview to explain what she meant?  Or is that just your guess?

If it is just your guess I don't see how you can know you are more correct than JoanFontaine.

Some people clearly have too much time on their hands. I’m out of here. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Frank said:

She means that in her household there are no Coronavirus-related problems so far. No need to make her look like a “non-mammal” because she didn’t express her maternal worries via satellite radio.

Of course she has Coronavirus-related problems. She has a super-senior mom, as does Bruce. She has a son on the front line. She has a daughter dealing with disappointment.  She is getting groceries from somewhere, putting someone at risk. Same as most of us on GL, give or take.  I'm not trying to make her look like anything,  this is just my reaction to what I heard. I respect that you feel differently.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say that I am disappointed. If a rather grumpy 'I don't talk to my fans, even when they have paid £100 odd to see a show' Bob Dylan can be bothered to release a previously unheard track and record an introduction thanking his fans and wishing them well, I would have expected much, much more from Bruce.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lampi said:

Nebraska box.

To celebrate this Bruce will do a full Nebraska album solo performance live radio broadcast today!

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE  !!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lilbud said:

No, just discussed the music and books he's been enjoying recently. Patti was on for a bit. Gave the usual "working on new music, but nothing yet"

I find this interesting, any examples of what music especially he's been enjoying recently?  I love hearing his ever evolving tastes.  

Would be nice to know which books to actually.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

Phone call with Jim, Bruce, and Patti

who is Jim

1 hour ago, lilbud said:

No, just discussed the music and books he's been enjoying recently. Patti was on for a bit. Gave the usual "working on new music, but nothing yet"

is Patti finally ready to put her 4th album out including Atlas shrugged ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

its 5.08 in the AM here, cold and windy, dark and raining

im confused about what happened

im going back to bed and hope this makes better sence latter

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I find this interesting, any examples of what music especially he's been enjoying recently?  I love hearing his ever evolving tastes.  

Would be nice to know which books to actually.

 

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

who is Jim

is Patti finally ready to put her 4th album out including Atlas shrugged ?

You can listen to it, on page 3.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The blame is to be put firmly on the radio station hyping this up as a surprise! To be frank I am ... argh!...well dissapointed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteveJhb said:

If I'm honest, love Bruce beyond measure, but so much damn good music was released today (that new Isbell single???) that I am more than content to wait until he is ready to share something with us.

Are you talking about What Have I Done?  Heard that the other day, great freakin' tune that is.  

Disgusted with the shut up and sing brigade.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crisis affects people mentally in many different ways. It can spur creativity (think Bob Dylan "Blood on the Tracks", Bruce's own "Tunnel Of Love" and "The Rising".)

It took a full year after 9/11 for Bruce to come up with a record, part of which was in response to 9/11.

Bruce lives where I do, in NJ. Currently, if you are not in the NY/NJ metro area, you cannot imagine the distress mentally this area is under. 

Again, stress manifests itself in different ways. Bruce may be really struggling and has nothing that he feels will represent him or express this great sorrow he is probably feeling. 

Give him some time, and a break, something will flow from this. 

And really folks, get a grip. I have been a Bruce fan probably longer than most that post. Whether he gives us a song or a release to distract ourselves from, isn't that really up to the artist to get that from within to have the product or song ready to put out there. 

I don't want some forced nonsense song of the moment because of external pressures. 

Bruce, I hope your hanging in mentally during this hard time in the NY/NJ area. When your ready, I will be here for you too. 

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

The blame is to be put firmly on the radio station hyping this up as a surprise! To be frank I am ... argh!...well dissapointed.

No!! Jim Rotello put out a sentence of a surprise on the radio station for 10am this morning. I've been a member of XM Radio and ESR for about 7 years now. I can count on two hands how many times Bruce has been on live on the radio station. So it is a surprise when Bruce shows up on it. 

I believe us as a board has blown it out of proportion. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I believe us as a board has blown it out of proportion. 

Yes, the screenshot in the original post only says 'surprise', not 'surprise announcement'. But at least it gave us something to talk about for a few hours :P

I'll be happy if the monthly archive releases comes out on schedule next week.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

No!! Jim Rotello put out a sentence of a surprise on the radio station for 10am this morning. I've been a member of XM Radio and ESR for about 7 years now. I can count on two hands how many times Bruce has been on live on the radio station. So it is a surprise when Bruce shows up on it. 

I believe us as a board has blown it out of proportion. 

I enjoyed listening to him talk, even made me laugh when he went to find the books, probably had to find his glasses first.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

All in all I'm not disappointed. I knew when I read Rotolo's tweet last night that it would be daft to genuinely expect the Vets show or something similar, but I was excited nonetheless and more so anxious knowing I'd have to wait until 3pm to find out what this 'surprise' was. 

So imagine how thrilled I was when I woke up at 2pm (I was still up at 5am watching The Empire Strikes Back, don't @ me) realised the EST time zone is still -1 hour and found out that I didn't have to spend an hour potentially getting my hopes up because this 'surprise' had already been revealed. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StolenCar66 said:

 

And really folks, get a grip. I have been a Bruce fan probably longer than most that post. Whether he gives us a song or a release to distract ourselves from, isn't that really up to the artist to get that from within to have the product or song ready to put out there. 

I don't want some forced nonsense song of the moment because of external pressures. 

 

I wouldn't want Bruce to feel forced either, which is why it's neither here nor there whether he or any other artist says/sings anything.  

He could be terrified, I didn't even think of his son working on the front-lines because of this.  

Thanks for the link janey, I will have a listen to that.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.