Greasy Lake Community

College Kids hear Thunder Road for the 1st time...

I was disappointed that they didn't say "dude" as many times as i thought they would. I thought collage students in America said "dude" every other word. How wrong i was.  I was also wrong thinking students new absolutely nothing, those dudes and their comments were canny sensible..dude.

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, BillsBruce said:

I found this strangely fascinating, to be honest.  Hearing Thunder Road for the first time...  

I remember the first time I heard it vividly. Less than a year ago! There was this immense passion I'd never felt in music before, like emotions being crafted into music. I could feel it through the vocals and the instruments, a story trying to be thrown out into the world.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2
7 hours ago, Thundy said:

I remember the first time I heard it vividly. Less than a year ago! There was this immense passion I'd never felt in music before, like emotions being crafted into music. I could feel it through the vocals and the instruments, a story trying to be thrown out into the world.

Amen

Thats what music should be, what the best of it is. 

• Like 2

For me, the Bruce experience was kind of similar to their reaction at first. I knew BTR and Thunder Road and DITD, etc and would class them B, B+ songs but over time they just keep growing in stature, especially when you listen to them either together with the rest of the album or Live. Now, they are the top songs and I would never rate them below A++. That's the thing with Bruce songs, you need to listen and listen again to appreciate the many layers.

I don't think Bruce would ever make it big today because most young people do not have the patience to listen to the same songs so many times. 

• Like 1

I have seen a few of A&A's vids and was done with them because I think they're phony.  I don't believe they've never heard a lot of the songs they listen to.  Plus I can't stand watching their head swaying and bobbing.  Then the Thunder Road video popped up.  So I watched.  Their reactions seemed genuine, but that's because I believe many college kids wouldn't know Thunder Road.  If they reacted to Born in the USA for the first time, I wouldn't have believed them.

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Loads of them on YouTube

I watched a few different people on YouTube listening to Pink Floyd’s Time a month or so ago. That music is timeless.

14 hours ago, Accountant Pete said:

B+ only?. They would go to the Louvre and think the Mona Lisa was something pretty to put on their wall. 

Eh, the Mona Lisa should be bigger. (Would be easier for tourists to see it that way at least).

• Haha 2

This has given me an idea for starting a new YouTube channel....

'Old White Fart listens to the current Top 20 for the First Time!'

Mostly it would just be me sitting grimacing and saying "Make it stop!!!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 6