Greasy Lake Community

NEW ARCHIVE GOTHENBURG 28 JULY 2012 - LOST IN THE FLOOD!!!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I consider this show the best that I have ever seen. I can't wait to listen to it, and at the same time I'm afraid of listening to it for fear that it isn't what I remember. Anyway, if anyone is

Thanks, Bruce. Was hoping we'd still get a show during lockdown. It really is the little things that count and lately the little things seem a whole lot bigger. Enjoying my campfire immensel

Sorry neighbours but if I have to listen to your annoying kids all day you're gonna listen to this. Play it loud folks and pray that we'll ever see a show like this again.

Posted Images

Currently playing: it's hard to be a saint in the city.

I could literally start crying tears of joy from this release.

IT'S SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I think they made a mistake and it was meant to be the Sunny Day kid should be missing; not Twist And Shout.

(I did not look at the setlist yet but I assume the Sunny Day kid got his/her chance in the spotlight; otherwise this post is pointless).

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Another good boot bites the dust.! Great show i was lucky Enough to be there both nights, Gothenburg has to be one of the top venues to see Bruce, those Scandinavians do love their Bossman  

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
1 minute ago, Lampi said:

I think they made a mistake and it was meant to be the Sunny Day kid should be missing not Twist And Shout.

(I did not look at the setlist yet but I assume the Sunny Day kid got his/her chance in the spotlight)

There was a Sunny Day kid at every WB Tour concert except on the very last show. :lol:

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, 1651997 said:

There was a Sunny Day kid at every WB Tour concert except on the very last show. :lol:

Yes Kilkenny night 2.

Which was not the last WB show as There were 4 shows in South America. Rio was the last WB show.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Born To Walk said:

People keep track of these things?

What I meant was that the song 'Waitin' On A Sunny Day' was played at every WB concert besides the last night in Kilkenny :)

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Lampi said:

Yes Kilkenny night 2.

Which was not the last WB show as There were 4 shows in South America. Rio was the last WB show.

Right! Forgot about those. Sorry

I found my old wish list:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1973/1974/1975: a show with Suki! 

1978/09/01: final performance of Lost in the Flood (solo on piano) until 2000 MSG, and tour premiere of Chimes of Freedom

1978/12/15: WINTERLAND!? Greatest Backstreets version ever. 

1992/1993: a show with the other band

2005/07/23, Atlanta: Lost in the Flood, Incident on 57 Street, Sad Eyes (only known performance)

2008/03/20, final show with Danny 

2009: a WOAD show with Outlaw Pete (preferably not Hyde Park since we already have the dvd)

2012/07/28: First ever Jungleland with Jakey, and lost in the flood!!! 

2014/02/16, Melbourne: Complete Born to Run album, Lost in the Flood, Roulette, Lucky Town 

And if I'm being selfish:

2013/06/22 Goffertpark Nijmegen 

2018/03/20 Broadway 

AND ALL SHOWS WHERE HE EVER PERFORMED LOST IN THE FLOOD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got a 1992/1993 show. We got 1978/12/15 (and 1978/15/16 as a BONUS!!!!). We got 2009 with Outlaw Pete and Kingdom of Days. We got 2012/07/28. 

Damn, I'm lucky!!!!! 

• Bruuuuce! 1
38 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Strange cover. I'd much prefer a shot of Jake holding his sax up to the sky following the Jungleland solo.

Proves you can't judge a show by it's cover.:D Terrible choice of cover. If the photo even is from Ullevi it is from the soundcheck. But who cares about the cover, really? I download the lossless files and burn my own cds that will have proper covers with pictures from the concert.

52 minutes ago, 1651997 said:

What I meant was that the song 'Waitin' On A Sunny Day' was played at every WB concert besides the last night in Kilkenny :)

Even at a happy moment like this people just have to bring up "Waitin' On A Sunny Day" with kids! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

LOST IN THE FLOOD

my god.

2 hours ago, Wout said:

I KNOOOOOOOW!!!!!  :D :D 

NYC step aside? 

I've been out moving around and couldn't get back in time for WOUT!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

Even at a happy moment like this people just have to bring up "Waitin' On A Sunny Day" with kids! ;)

That was me.... (sorry).

The thing about this I really like WOASD in the studio version and the live versions without Sunny Day kid, which makes it more annoying (compared to when you are a not a fan of the song anyway).

• Like 3