Sign in to follow this  
Wout

NEW ARCHIVE GOTHENBURG 28 JULY 2012 - LOST IN THE FLOOD!!!

1 minute ago, TheBoss said:

For 12 years I have been waiting for the official release.

Really?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Really?

Ok. I see your point.

Well, it FELT like 20 years.

Edit: I thought 12 years would make a middle ground.

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 2

Aaaaand......... that's a wrap. 

This show was absolutely stellar. 

Brilliant and amazing, joyful and energetic!

I can luckily say that the recording lives up to the high expectations raised by a setlist like this. 

10/10 for me! 

Next, I'm going to listen to the highlights of the show again before going to bed.

So.... see you in 3,5 hours :D 

• Like 6
  • Bruuuuce! 1

5 minutes ago, Wout said:

Aaaaand......... that's a wrap. 

This show was absolutely stellar. 

Brilliant and amazing, joyful and energetic!

I can luckily say that the recording lives up to the high expectations raised by a setlist like this. 

10/10 for me! 

I’ve loved following your listen - glad you enjoyed it so much!! 

• Like 1

I’ve yet to listen but I can’t wait until I do - the following Helsinki show is one of my favourites in the archive

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

I don't normally have a problem with their covers, but this one is just weird.

We need a new cover.

7 minutes ago, CosmicKid said:

I consider this show the best that I have ever seen. I can't wait to listen to it, and at the same time I'm afraid of listening to it for fear that it isn't what I remember.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I wrote this review a few days after the show when my feet had yet to touch the ground after what I'd experienced.

Wow. This was an amazing read, thank you for posting (again)!  

It is funny, because I felt all these emotions of biblical proportions too, that you described so accurately.  I wasn't physically present at the concert, yet it feels like I experienced some of the magic through this recording.  

Thank you for putting into words what I couldn't. Especially the paragraphs on Lost in the flood and Saint in the city. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CosmicKid said:

I consider this show the best that I have ever seen. I can't wait to listen to it, and at the same time I'm afraid of listening to it for fear that it isn't what I remember.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I wrote this review a few days after the show when my feet had yet to touch the ground after what I'd experienced.

Yep! I remember reading this when I was just a loser, I mean lurker. Wonderful! Thanks again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm sure it was a great show (Gothenburg was always a high spot of any Bruce tour), but I have enough Wrecking Ball tour recordings so I will give this one  a miss. The Wrecking Ball tour was probably my favourite E Street band tour and I was lucky enough to see five shows. The horns just enhanced what was already a magical live experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wout said:

If you decide to go to bed now, sweet dreams.

But you will regret your decision when you finally listen to the show tomorrow. 

Honestly, priorities Daisy Jeep! LOST IN THE FLOOD!!! 

Just refueling on chocolate cake to prepair my self for the mamouth task ahead *  - but the reward shell be sweeter than any cake 

.....It may have escaped your notice but IT related techknowledgy is not my strong point 

:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBoss said:

I have never listened to any audience recording of this concert. Didn't want to ruin my memories of the concert by listening to it in crappy sound. For 12 years I have been waiting for the official release. Now, it has finally paid off! :)

Good for you:)

I have an audience sorced Moncton and its pretty crap as are all the u tube videos

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lampi said:

Wout.

It is 9.00.Saturday morning now in New Zealand....    Or 8.00 A.m. or 10 A.m.

Im having alot of trouble sleeping these days

I watched the sun come up this morning

• Like 2
  • Hug 2

7 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Sorry to read this Daisy, hoping for the best. 

Thank you :)

Just please dont get sick Paolo

Im worried about every one 

• Like 1

I couldn't sleep last night. Woke up at 6am already. Just because I was SO excited to listen to this show again!!! 

Enjoy your weekend folks. 

This is a show that goes down in history. Thankfully the revolution has been televised (recorded).  

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Excellent review. Agreed, to my ears the concert starts off pretty rough vocally but picks up massively with We Take Care Of Own. I’m up to the Wrecking Ball material now and it performed very strongly. Sound quality is better than Helsinki too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'm glad we can rely on your writings, I skipped all the bad news this morning, and enyojed you review even more than I usually do. As JF said, it's the little things that count..

2012 tour was definitely one of the many peaks of his touring career. My WB show was the only one (among barely 6 :ph34r:) that caused a state of hype, my feet off the ground for I think three days after the show.

• Like 4

The rest of the concert may be superb, but it may be awhile before I get past skipping Frankie. Such a beautiful song. I don't know where he could have put it, but the Born in The USA era version deserved a place on an album proper. For me, one of his finest 'unreleased' songs. The live version is exceptional too.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1

8 hours ago, lilbud said:

It's kinda strange how generic the cover is. With how important it is, I'm surprised that Jake isn't on the cover.

I fixed that though, couldn't find a good quality picture (a few ten thousand people at Ullevi, no pics of Jake. Though funnily enough, there are at least 20 pics of the saxophone in the spotlight.) Ended up using one from Fenway Park a few weeks later (speaking of Fenway, cough cough)

RjUN4cp.jpg

Really off topic but that looks like Carter Beauford in the left of the pic...

"Lemme see all the fireflies..." 

• Love Love Love! 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1