Greasy Lake Community

Acoustic Rehearsal 1995

Never seen this before--some interesting stuff here.

I love that at one point, you've got most of the band standing around, with or without instruments, making sure they remember whichever song's been run down...and then you see the Mighty Max just standing there, biting into a freakin' huge wrap or burrito or something. Heh.

Also, what's up with Steven's pants at 4:32? He seems to have an enormous blood stain in a most unfortunate place. 

Sorta kinda semi-related: the artwork right behind Bruce...what...what is that? 

That was really interesting--thanks for posting. 

• Like 1

That was awesome, had never seen this before, thank you for posting!

Garry seems like such a boss here. I love that guy. He's always been one of my favorite band members. And nowadays he's the only last man standing from the original ESB... That makes me kinda sad. 

Max eating hahaha. 

And Steve seems to just have left the gay bar hahaha

• Like 1

This is the most awkward thing I've seen. So many questions... Why was Bruce going through the motions to pull the whole band back together at this point in time when there would be no on stage reunion for another four long years? For everyone except Bruce, this was their livelihood. Why tease all them with this "rehearsal"?

Why is everybody acting like they've forgotten how to play these songs. I play cover songs and can do them in my sleep after many years of playing. How could the band "forget" how these songs go?  

You can just feel how awkward everyone feels wondering if this is the start of the band getting back together. Painful 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jerm23 said:

How could the band "forget" how these songs go? 

Judging from what we see, it appears that the others are good with it (no instruments needed), while Clarence needed brushing up and reminding of lyrics and parts. Nils looks solid as if he knows where Bruce is going with the songs. I love this clip and hoping for more to come. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jerm23 said:

This is the most awkward thing I've seen. So many questions... Why was Bruce going through the motions to pull the whole band back together at this point in time when there would be no on stage reunion for another four long years? For everyone except Bruce, this was their livelihood. Why tease all them with this "rehearsal"?

Why is everybody acting like they've forgotten how to play these songs. I play cover songs and can do them in my sleep after many years of playing. How could the band "forget" how these songs go?  

You can just feel how awkward everyone feels wondering if this is the start of the band getting back together. Painful 

I think they came together to record a couple songs for the Greatest Hits record. 

Both Nils and Garry appear to be wearing the shirts they wore for the filming of the Murder Incorporated video. After the filming they played a number of old songs. I'd guess this is backstage at that filming.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

Both Nils and Garry appear to be wearing the shirts they wore for the filming of the Murder Incorporated video. After the filming they played a number of old songs. I'd guess this is backstage at that filming.

Capture.JPG

100% correct. The Blood Brothers film included a few snippets from the dressing room ahead of that performance....but had never seen this raw footage. 

To me it looks awkward. The smiles look awkward. Everything look awkward. If any band member needed brushing up and reminding of the songs they could do that at home listening to studio or live recordings. i think a proper full band recording would do a better job reminding how to play the songs than Bruce sitting there strumming. I think the behind the scene photage shows how boring and awkward life can be in a famous rock and roll band.

• Like 1

The picture behind Bruce looks like a bum..a canny big bum

And Bruce's head is right under that bum.

That's why everyone is feeling awkward, nowt to do with the doggy paisley shirts..it's Bruce's head..it's under that bum 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Accountant Pete said:

Nils has a tremendous ear for music. He is a consummate pro. Not least because he is willing to subsume his ego whether in the studio or on stage. 

I wonder how many times Nils has had to teach others onstage how to play the songs? Whenever they do "stump the band" Nils is the one doing all the legwork making sure everyone know their parts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

That’s an amazing video hahaha

1 hour ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

I wonder how many times Nils has had to teach others onstage how to play the songs? Whenever they do "stump the band" Nils is the one doing all the legwork making sure everyone know their parts.

Nils is one of the most supremely talented yet underrated guitarists on the planet - and I say that as a guitarist myself who obsesses over the instrument and all those who play it

He just feels the music. He gets it. It’s no wonder he’s been allowed to play alongside Neil Young and Springsteen for all these years. 

• Like 5