Greasy Lake Community

The Best Springsteen Album Cover  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the best Springsteen album cover. Not your favourite, The Best, i.e. the title of the poll.

• Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ
    • The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle
    • Born to Run
    • Darkness on the Edge of Town
    • The River
    • Nebraska
    • Born in the U.S.A.
    • Live 1975-85
    • Tunnel of Love
    • Human Touch
    • Lucky Town
    • The Ghost of Tom Joad
    • The Rising
    • Devils & Dust
    • We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions
    • Magic
    • Working on a Dream
    • Wrecking Ball
    • High Hopes
    • Western Stars

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/18/2020 at 11:00 PM

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTR is probably going to win my a mile, (and rightfully so,) but I really like the cover from Greetings. 'Just' a postcard, but it's not just a postcard... It's a greeting from a magical place wh

The Vette makes this one a strong contender 

BTR should be the only choice. Bruce, Clarence and The guitar   Perfect cover.     

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

Which one Is your favorite then?

I would argue that Born to Run is objectively the best of Bruce's album covers. It's as iconic as Born in the U.S.A. or Greetings but it's more...wholesome, worthwhile, meaningful, impactful...than blue jean ass and more in-your-face Bruce than the Asbury Park postcard. Nebraska comes close in terms of how good it is at saying "this is what I'm setting out to do with this record", but BTR does that too. Probably say the same thing for Darkness.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'm very sorry for this. This poll has no reason to exist, but the thought entered my head and I might as well get a thread on here out of it. 

You have twenty options. Vote for the best, not your favourite, otherwise this would be "What's your favourite Springsteen album cover?"

I'll leave this open for about four days. In that time I can decide whether this is a one off or if it's worth rounding it down. 

Enjoy.

I think there’s a great one missing from your list of choices:

CDC494CE-5897-44B3-AE6E-A7DAF20DC0CC.jpeg

• Like 4

It's probably only me, but I don't recognise Bruce at all on the Born To Run cover.  It just doesn't look like him.

Cover art has never been his strong point. It is striking how poor his album covers have been, especially in the second half of his career. For an artist who trades quite a bit on iconographic imagery, It’s a bit strange that so little thought and effort (I hope, considering the results) have gone into the album covers. Quite often, the interior images or even the back sides (excuse me) have been far superior to the covers.

• Like 3
On 4/13/2020 at 2:01 PM, Silvia said:

Me too. But will probably vote for Nebraska, simply because that photo is just amazing.

And I don't think it's necessary to put a face on the cover of an album either. I like the non personalized covers better. 

Yes, for me it was down to Nebraska and Greetings but I think the Nebraska cover is perfect for the contents of that album with Greetings a close second.

Well, I voted 75-85 but I've never liked the way his left leg is - it looks more like he's about to stamp his foot petulantly than start to walk off the stage! The back cover would imply that he did stomp his way off.

On 4/14/2020 at 1:33 PM, HeroOfVirtue said:

I would argue that Born to Run is objectively the best of Bruce's album covers. It's as iconic as Born in the U.S.A. or Greetings but it's more...wholesome, worthwhile, meaningful, impactful...than blue jean ass and more in-your-face Bruce than the Asbury Park postcard. Nebraska comes close in terms of how good it is at saying "this is what I'm setting out to do with this record", but BTR does that too. Probably say the same thing for Darkness.

I do love that cabbage rose wallpaper

Has the poll closed? If this was a boxing match the towel would have been thrown in ages ago. BTR has C on it for a start. 

"It was a story where the Scooter and the Big Man not only busted the city in half, but we kicked add and remade the city, shaping it into the kind of place where our friendship would not be such an anomaly."

Clarence is so cool and the look on Bruce's face is wonderful. 

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
On 4/15/2020 at 11:32 PM, biloxiparish said:

The Promise, Nebraska, BTR. 

Followed by Live7585, BITUSA & WOAD. 

i like WOAD too

i actually almost voted for it for a whole 5 minutes

• Like 1

I like Greetings' cover the most. Followed by Born To Run, then Greatest Hits.

Bruce hasn't had many great covers. You'd never know what greatness lies inside of WIESS or Darkness by looking at the covers.

Born In The U.S.A. is by FAR my least favorite cover of his.

• Like 1