Greasy Lake Community

So do you think we are now more likely to get Tracks 2 or BITUSA box this year?

I know they were working on a new album but with the virus we know a tour is not going to be able to happen in the foreseeable future. So do you think we are now more likely to get some kind of box set this year? I’d think they would hold the new album until they could schedule a tour behind it. And which would you rather have..Tracks 2 or BITUSA box? 

Pretty sure we won't get anything this year due to circumstances, but I think I would prefer Tracks 2. It's definitely slim pickings at this point but I'd take it for Evacuation of the West, Walking in the Street, Point Blank (alternate), and Janey Needs a Shooter. Assuming they'd suck it up and release them even without pristine masters. So I guess it depends! I know what to expect from a BITUSA box - would Tracks 2 be as great as I'm imagining or would it be a disappointment?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Nebraska box.

With Electric Nebraska!

More likely a 2CD or 3CD re-release than a box set.

Release of the 'lost', 'electronic', 'hip hop' 1994 album!

My guess is that a BITUSA box would contain Electric Nebraska. How the hell could it not? :lol: 

53 minutes ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

My guess is that a BITUSA box would contain Electric Nebraska. How the hell could it not? :lol: 

Because Nebraska and BUSA are 2 different albums with a different audience.

There are good argumenten for Nebraska part of a BUSA Box as different chapters of the same story.

But you can also say that would Nebraska do no justice.

So: Nebraska original album; Electric Nebraska; various outtakes, alternatief versions, acoustic demos etc.;  DVD The Making Of Nebraska; DVD of a full Nebraska album performance  (Bruce solo and-or without band); and a nice book. And we have a Nebraska box!

• Love Love Love! 1

I don't know if we are likely to get anything this year.  But of the 2 I would go with the BITUSA box as the more likely as sales for it would probably be higher. 

SOB finished over a year ago.

The Western Stars album didn't have a tour, and I saw several people post that when they went to see the movie there were less than 10 people in the theater so doubt it made money.

I know he has royalty checks but those aren't going to buy another pony for Jess.

Tracks 2

As a  BITUSA box might have a tour planned ...... ?

It makes sence to have a Nebraska box first but id rather it came after BITUSA so it can ride in on its coat tails 

11 hours ago, rockaway88 said:

I'd like Tracks 2... I'd love to hear Homestead in good quality. 

This is another one of those songs where, if it isn't on Tracks 2, I'd just be disappointed. They have it in perfect quality, and our only exposure to it is that they played it what, one time ever on E Street Radio? Come on Bruce.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Shouldn't you be in the front window waving to passing families out for their daily allocated walk ?

Sounds like you are afraid on  'High Hopes 2'  all guitar aparts are over dubbed - new recorded by Tom Morello.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I should have anticipated Commie Tommy coming up in any mention of HH.  I'm surprised it wasn't Daisey mentioning him.  I would love to hear some tasteful Morello guitar solos over Sugarland, Richfield Whistle, Klansmen etc.

We're going ok over here Daisey.  As usual when we follow the Kiwi's lead, it works pretty well. 

My work lends itself pretty well to the Work From Home thing.  I've never been busier.  And I haven't been on a plane for months, so as the great philosopher, Mark Gillespie once said, "You know you should be grateful for small mercies".

• Like 2