Greasy Lake Community

So do you think we are now more likely to get Tracks 2 or BITUSA box this year?

36 minutes ago, -Sussudio- said:

I can take the over-singing on Back In Your Arms - what I really can't stand is the way he shoe-horns in the lyrics to fit the music. Something is off about that song, to my ears.

Also agree with that. I have always thought Back in your arms again promised to be a great song, but never quite delivered. Partly for the reasons you state and also what Promise 61 said. I can see why it was left off earlier official albums and eventually seen the light of day on Tracks. The melody is really good however he tries too hard to sound emotional and soulful and it just doesn't work, and as you say the lyrics just don't fit in with the tempo and style of the music. He ends up sounding over the top. It's the sort of song he really should have worked on a bit more to get it right. A softer and more reflective vocal would have helped and also more cohesive lyrics.

• Like 1
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bruce could have a little fun with the bootlegging aspect of his fanbase and call it "The Lost Masters".

I'd like Tracks 2... I'd love to hear Homestead in good quality. 

BTW Let's hope they will give Tracks 2 a better title than Tracks 2.

im watching the movie purple rain right now

im enjoying the 80s

i guess that means i want the BITUSA box 

....ask me tomorrow and who knows :lol:

On 4/18/2020 at 1:43 PM, MacBruce said:

Also agree with that. I have always thought Back in your arms again promised to be a great song, but never quite delivered. Partly for the reasons you state and also what Promise 61 said. I can see why it was left off earlier official albums and eventually seen the light of day on Tracks. The melody is really good however he tries too hard to sound emotional and soulful and it just doesn't work, and as you say the lyrics just don't fit in with the tempo and style of the music. He ends up sounding over the top. It's the sort of song he really should have worked on a bit more to get it right. A softer and more reflective vocal would have helped and also more cohesive lyrics.

I disagree, I think the song is a lovely , quite sad song with a very coherent message, although I hear what you say about the lyrics I like its style , it captures the desperation of the narrator, and contrary to other comments I find it quite pleasurably soulful, albeit not of course Otis Reading :D, but I quite like his soulful moments and he definitely has them !  For the message the song is sending I always found it very touching and appropriate.

• Like 1

I see no reason why we cannot expect physical product later in the year. Most business will be open by July. Life will be different until there's a vaccine, however. The shaking of hands is a hard habit to break but.....As long as social distancing measures aren't relaxed too quickly (like Dangerously Demented Donny Chump wishes) the daily tallies will dip to somewhat rational levels. Of course there's a concern of a second outbreak in winter. People are ordering online like mad- and not just household products. Entertainment.

6 minutes ago, homesquid said:

I see no reason why we cannot expect physical product later in the year. Most business will be open by July. Life will be different until there's a vaccine, however. The shaking of hands is a hard habit to break but.....As long as social distancing measures aren't relaxed too quickly (like Dangerously Demented Donny Chump wishes) the daily tallies will dip to somewhat rational levels. Of course there's a concern of a second outbreak in winter. People are ordering online like mad- and not just household products. Entertainment.

Squidly - good to see you :)

• Like 1
20 hours ago, homesquid said:

(like Dangerously Demented Donny Chump wishes)

:D

20 hours ago, homesquid said:

the daily tallies will dip to somewhat rational levels

at what level would be rational? Like flu levels?