AMIW

The Official April 22nd 2020 Jersey4Jersey Telly/Stream SetListVision thread

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Yeah. That line is one that Bruce added (popped up in another song, too). Although Waits referred to 'whores on Eighth Avenue' in the original and Bruce changed it.

Would of been a bit weird if both songs played were to mention whores!:D

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Scott Peterson said:

Do people not think "Land of Hope and Dreams" is good? Or do they simply think it's good and not think it's one of his all-time greats? (I think it's one of his all-time greats.) 

its my 4th favourite song 

i think its a great song 

defiantly on of the greatest 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Yeah. That line is one that Bruce added (popped up in another song, too). Although Waits referred to 'whores on Eighth Avenue' in the original and Bruce changed it.

Out of my head, I think he used it again in "Party Lights" - in future band concerts this would be a a wonderful combination: Party Lights + Jersey Girl.

Wonderful performances last night, not only by Springsteen.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AMIW said:

Embedded link

Been struggling with walking pneumonia for a bit and its been driving me nuts but honestly this has been more therapeutic than anything else in the last few weeks (I am fine - they call it walking pneumonia for a reason).

• Like 6
  • Hug 3

2 hours ago, berlintramp said:

It's a true to life-line, because that's what happens in a not so ideal world. At least there's a mom you can take the kid to. Before Corona!

I know … but I never liked it. :)

Mebbies why I like it but prefer the original.

Just took a lunch break from work and watched  Land of Hope and Dreams in the garden and it gave me a big lift. Yes we couldn't ask for a better travellng companion through all of this - "tomorrow will be sunshine" indeed :)

• Like 7

Enjoyed that - and I haven't had the chance to read through the whole thread - but is it me or he he having problems with his choppers? It sounds like he is singing out of one side of his mouth slightly - though maybe the two camera angles contribute to that? Also not being able to get to the hairdressers and the botox shop during lock down, never mind the general physiological impact of isolation and the routine changes it brings - mean that he looks his age - which of course is fine. It does make me wonder whether we will see him in stadia again. Part of me hopes we don't for his sake. He'd clearly be so much better served by working theatres and small arenas going forward. Otherwise the E Street Band will be his artistic and physical downfall, if they are his bankable mass chips. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Kburke said:

Lovely to see Bruce tonight.  Clearly he still has access to hair colour, which I do not.  :D

And he used it for his eyebrows too...

damn tears in the eye with Jersey Girl, he still has the power like no other

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 4

Any word on how much was raised? Did the people of NJ top Captain Tom? 

• Like 2

Setlist for NJ4NJ

01. Bruce Springsteen- Land of Hope And Dreams

02. Jon Bon Jovi- Do What You Can

03. SZA- 20 Something

04. Charlie Puth- Growing Up

05. Tony Bennett- Smile

06. Halsey- Finally // Beautiful Stranger

07. Fountains Of Wayne- Hackensack

08. Bruce Springsteen- Jersey Girl

09. Jon Bon Jovi- Livin' On A Prayer

10. Southside Johnny- Better Days (outro)

Was able to make a music only edited disk 34:25 time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

interesting interview with JBT, bruce content

Bon Jovi is keeping a stellar profile these days.

From his Soul Kitchen restaurants to the Unbroken tribute to veterans suffering from PTSD (and now this), the man is showing he’s the real thing. He’s been often considered a joke by many Bruce fans, but he deserves much more credit. Especially now.

• Like 8
  • Love Love Love! 1

5 minutes ago, Frank said:

From his Soul Kitchen restaurants to the Unbroken tribute to veterans suffering from PTSD (and now this), the man is showing he’s the real thing. He’s been often considered a joke by many Bruce fans, but he deserves much more credit. Especially now.

I definitely think he has become more modest (as much as a rock star can be) in the last couple of years.  

I was always a Bon Jovi fan but more so earlier in his career.  He's my age and I hung out in his neighborhood as a teen.  I saw him perform when he started out in a battle of the bands show at Sayreville High School, when he started out in the clubs, including the Stone Pony as his band emulated Southside Johnny, suits and all.  Then later a couple of times.  My problem with Bon Jovi was how they morphed so much over the years that it seemed like they couldn't figure out what they really wanted to play.  But being from Jersey I have respect for Jon.  More so now with the good he does for the community.  There were a couple of times that I thought he made too much of a display of it, but regardless he was and still is generous of both his time and money.

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

6 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Neither good nor great in my opinion.  When played live with the band, even Bruce got confused... it opens with “grab your ticket...” but then ends with “you don’t need no ticket...”

Ha! That's pretty funny, I gotta admit.

...wait, you're not serious...?

• Like 1

Not a great fan of JBJ, but that new song he played was pretty great.

Bruce looks well, back down to his fighting weight.  Not a huge fan of acoustic Bruce, but those two songs were nice.

2 hours ago, maccawings said:

Setlist for NJ4NJ

01. Bruce Springsteen- Land of Hope And Dreams

02. Jon Bon Jovi- Do What You Can

03. SZA- 20 Something

04. Charlie Puth- Growing Up

05. Tony Bennett- Smile

06. Halsey- Finally // Beautiful Stranger

07. Fountains Of Wayne- Hackensack

08. Bruce Springsteen- Jersey Girl

09. Jon Bon Jovi- Livin' On A Prayer

10. Southside Johnny- Better Days (outro)

Was able to make a music only edited disk 34:25 time

Charlie Puth's version of 'Growin' Up' was pretty good, too. :)

• Like 3

Bruce and Patti were marvellous together, he once again proved to be the consummate live performer. Patti's vocal was perfectly timed in both songs.

I did hear a bit of aging in his voice though, which I guess is to be expected, and he did look a little bottoxed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

interesting interview with JBT, bruce content

Excellent interview, JBJ seems far more connected to his comminity than certain celebrities (Gal GAbot!) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 1651997 said:

Charlie Puth's version of 'Growin' Up' was pretty good, too. :)

yes, I liked it. Nice tribute

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frank said:

He’s always seemed like a really solid citizen. I have never particularly like his music but that is separate from the man. I think he’s a good dude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

But being from Jersey I have respect for Jon.  More so now with the good he does for the community.  There were a couple of times that I thought he made too much of a display of it, but regardless he was and still is generous of both his time and money.

I used to think bringing the cameras along was a bit much myself but now I think who the hell cares -different people do different things so whether it's to gain more publicity or not, I really don't freaking care as the outcome is what matters.  

He's done a lot of good indeed that boy.  

• Like 2